[RG2] Forkez, lvl 120 holy paladin

A safe place for closed application.
Forkez
Raven
Character name: Forkez

[RG2] Forkez, lvl 120 holy paladin

Post by Forkez » 25 Aug 2018, 17:55

Who is your character?
My main is called Forkez, old, old paladin, been healing in raids since TBC. Can also ret and have been learning prot.
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ood/Forkez
WoWProgress isn't gonna tell you much but here's the link for completion's sake: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... ood/Forkez

Who are you?
30 year-old dutchman named Robert. Soon-to-be physics student. Buncha hobbies, most of it gaming or computer related.

To which raid group are you applying?
RG2. RG1 would be too time consuming and I'd hate to let people down.

Experience:
I've been raiding off and on since TBC, but always with my main as a healer. At times I've been asked to dps when more dps was needed or heal when the healers couldn't keep up. I prefer to, and think I'm best at, keep people alive.

Raid role:
Healing and telling dps to not stand where they stand, or letting tanks know to either mitigate or dodge. Sometimes help with tactics but mostly just healing and staying live.

Your spec:
Holy and ret right now. Can learn prot if there's a need but currently holy and retribution, in that order.

Off-specs and alternative characters:
Ret and prot off-specs. I also have a warrior with mainspec Arms, but haven't gotten him to 120 yet.

Communication:
Got a microphone and a back-up headset in case this one fails. Can talk wherever the discussion's at. Battletag is Forkez#1362

Combat Logs:
Got none. The last guild I raided at only used logs for seeing if anyone (regularly) didn't do their job well enough, or for the die-hards to sim their own stats. If nobody's dead and I'm not trailing waaaaay behind the other healers or too high on the damage taken meters myself then I think I've done an alright job.

Your UI:
Placeholder until I get a raid screenshot. I've reinstalled WoW on an SD since my last raiding times. Normally it's got grid either above my hotkeys or to my left if there's no room for that. DPS meters on the lower right to keep track of the more important DPS in case I need to choose about who to dispel or keep alive (it's a harsh world). Timers next to my character portrait.

Guild history:
Inquisition back on Emeriss, Circle of Justice once I moved to Defias Brotherhood. Then Animosity, then back to CoJ, then I did some raid work for a horde guild on Al'Akir called Molten Guardians. After that I once again moved back to CoJ which I've now left.

Have heard a lot of good about The Raven Council throughout the years. Now that I'm without a guild and the new expansion has hit, I thought I'd get back into raiding. So why not The Raven Council! Long lasting guild and social ánd raiding, what's not to like? Plus I like the name.

Raid availability:
Pretty much every evening. Anything planned on those evenings can be moved without issues, as long as it's within reason and I'm not at a restaurant or whatever.

References:
TRC is famous on the server, that's how I know about it. I looked at the roster and saw one of my favourite mage is with you guys. His choice of positioning might be bad but I trust his guild choices. He might be able to vouch for me. His name's Docer. I fully understand if he's gonna say no, I did make a lot of potato jokes at him.

About you:
Uhhhhh hi! I play games, watch movies, listen to music, attempt to write things and like physics. I build computers and fix them at times as a hobby. I tried studying psychology but after passing a couple subjects I realised it wasn't for me. Thus moving on to study physics! Fun times! It also has maths! Kill me!

Miscellaneous:
Cookies.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Re: [RG2] Forkez, lvl 120 holy paladin

Post by Fahranya » 26 Aug 2018, 18:24

Thank you for your application. Please give us some time to process it.

Forkez
Raven

Post by Forkez » 26 Aug 2018, 20:34

Thank you. Sorry, I may have logged out as dps earlier, but I'll log out as holy next time.

Tudum
Dark Raven
Character name: Tudum

Post by Tudum » 28 Aug 2018, 10:21

Ey Forkez, can we talk a bit please ? my btag is Kif#2982
Just to discuss few details.

Forkez
Raven

Post by Forkez » 28 Aug 2018, 11:02

Rightyo, I've added you as Forkez.

Tudum
Dark Raven
Character name: Tudum

Post by Tudum » 28 Aug 2018, 16:39

As we discussed everything in details, application accepted, please poke an officer for ginvite.

Welcome !

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 19 Feb 2019, 16:28

Trial passed ages ago.

<recruited>