Post by Aamu » 12 Sep 2017, 10:48

Who is your character?
I am Aamu, Beast Master Hunter. Armory WoWProgress

Who are you?
Real name Otto, 31, from Turku Finland.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I'm applying to RG1.

Experience
I first started raiding back in Vanilla, where my guild cleared most of current content the game had to offer, from Molten Core and Zul'Gurub to Naxxramas.

For the past 10 months or so I've raided with RG2 where we cleared every raid on Heroic, with some ventures in to Mythic (2/7M EN, 3/10M Nighthold).

I played this very character in all post-WotLK content, and my role was damage and raid leading.

Raid Role
As a very mobile DPS, my role is doing the mechanics of the fight without missing any of my rotation, leading to very consistent damage logs.

I always keep up with the current trends through Icy Veins, the Trueshot Lodge hunter discord, and by comparing myself with better parsing players of my spec on Warcraft Logs.

Your Spec
I am artifact level 65. My default talent build, unless I'm changing it for a specific boss is the Stomp build, which seems to work best for Tomb of Sargeras. Talent build 2111112, with One with the Pack as the talent choice while the legendary ring also giving me Bestial Fury from the same tier.

Rotation priority is Murder of Crows before Bestial Wrath, then Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, 2x Dire Beast, Titan's Thunder, followed by alternating between Kill Command and Cobra Shot for as long as Bestial Wrath is active. Dire Beast is used when available to avoid wasting Wild Call procs, unless you're about to activate Titan's Thunder, as you need to activate it with as many pets out as possible. When Bestial Wrath is down for an extended period, Cobra Shot is used when excess Focus is available, but always saving it so more important abilities can be used when off cooldown.

Stat priority in the Stomp build is Haste up to ~20%, followed by Crit, with Mastery being good as well. Best items tend to be Haste/Crit. I simulate myself after every change to be sure.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
This is my only 110 character. I dislike MM and Survival is sadly trash at the moment.

Communication
I have a mic and have used it to raid lead RG2 Heroic progress. I believe in chatting on easy content and keeping the airwaves clear for tactics and necessary communication on progress. I am on discord and the forums constantly.

Combat Logs
Warcraft Logs

Please don't look at my gray log on Mythic Trilliax, it was probably someone else's fault.

I review my logs after every non-trivial raid.

Your UI
My UI

My UI is for the most part the default view, I only tend to use the addons necessary to improve my ability to raid (DBM, WeakAuras, etc).

Guild History
I'm a long time member of TRC and have been a member of RG2 for a long time as well, I'm applying to RG1 because I wish to raid more than two days a week.

Raid availability
I have no life. I've missed one RG2 raid in the past 10 months of raiding and I still want to do more.

References
I know a lot of people in the guild, people I know best in RG1 are probably Carn/Pensioner, Nicolete and Lilian.

About you
I like memes.

Miscellaneous
I want to show you that I can be an asset to your raiding team, even though I'll probably mess up in the trial due to nerves.

I always read the tactics and watch the videos before every new boss fight, but it's not the same as actually doing it.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Aamu on 12 Sep 2017, 11:17, edited 2 times in total.

Brelyna
raid leader
Character name: Brelyna
Specialization: raid leader

Re: [RG1] Aamu, Hunter

Post by Brelyna » 12 Sep 2017, 10:51

Ermagerd it's Aamu!

Cheers for your application, give us a couple days to review it and I'll poke you with the news!

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 12 Sep 2017, 10:55

Aamu wrote:Please don't look at my gray log on Mythic Trilliax, it was probably someone else's fault.
Not Jimmble's fault.

Aamu
Raven
Character name: Aamu

Post by Aamu » 13 Sep 2017, 23:07

I put 5 orange logs in to my logs tonight, just wanted the recruitment officers to know.

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank
Character name: Cellyca
WoW character class: Druid
Specialization: recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 13 Sep 2017, 23:13

My hunter!
leave him alone

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 14 Sep 2017, 07:41

His pets stink!

Brelyna
raid leader
Character name: Brelyna
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Brelyna » 14 Sep 2017, 13:12

Sorry Cell & Jimmble, we'll be taking this one for trial!

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 08 Oct 2017, 23:44

Awesome huntering, Aamu! :D
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment