A safe place for closed application.
Sigam
(Sigam/Kamashiru/Resno)
Dark Raven
Character name: Sigam/Kamashiru/Resno

From Social to Raider Sigam

Post by Sigam » 10 Jan 2018, 11:27

Who is your character?
Sigam, Hunter, BM is main but training Survival, https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... hood/sigam, and https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... hood/Sigam

Who are you?
Marie, 27, Norway, in the south, got a dog named Trust that needs a long walk before the raid.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG2

Experience
LFR, Normal was done after ToV was out and HC EM cleared tried myth with pug didn't go well. LFR, Normal and HC ToV got the Curve achi, LfR, Normal and HC NH cleared all got the curve achi. LFR, Normal and HC ToS cleared and wiped at last boss on HC. LFR, Normal and now HC AtBT.

Raid Role
DPS, not the best but trying. Reading up on tactics, and updating from icy-vain.

Your Spec
BM artifact lvl 74, I'm going with the Dire Frenzy Build, priority here is Dire Frenzy, ( Pawn: v1: "Azor-BM-FrenzyBuild": Class=Hunter, Spec=BeastMastery, Agility=31.66, Ap=30.06, CritRating=39.55, HasteRating=37.3, MasteryRating=45.54, Versatility=35.47, Dps=17.66 ). Are going to change build since FB is lacking in dps now

Off-specs and Alternative characters
If Melee is needed I don't mind changing to Survival
Kamashiru Druid Balance, Resto and Guardian can join if needed on alt runs, she has not yet done ToV, NH or ToS on anything else then LFR. EN is done LFR, Normal and HC all with Pugs. I'm taking her pug raiding as a tank and healer if that is also needed.

Communication
Got a Snowball blue stand-alone Mic (LOVE IT), and love talking in the raid chat. Cheeking Icy-vain and updating WA and other guides for new raids or to learn tacts. Sigam#21349 (ADD ME JIMMBLE!)

Combat Logs
I have problems with the Warcraft Log Uploader it doesn't save my logs like it used to do so I have downloaded Auto Log today (10.01.18). I can't wait to see where I can improve and be a better raider.

Your UI
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AB18076 this is my UI ElvUI with shadow & Light

Guild History
Don't remember my old guild since I have been in RC since 2007

Raid availability
I can make it to evening raids, just need to walk the dog so he sleeps during raid time :D

References
I heard about RC from Repina my older sister and Sovu her roommate.

About you
Names Marie, like to help others in the guild with lvl, dungeons normal and HC, trying to do better in myth+, love animals and enjoy making new friends.

Miscellaneous
LOVE GNOMES! REALLY LOVE THEM!
Last edited by Sigam on 07 Feb 2018, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
From birth to death,
we search for what's yet to be known.
We pray and hope and ask,
but yet, we are never shown

Nikki
(Kerrigwen)
Dark Raven
Character name: Kerrigwen

Re: From Social to Raider Sigam

Post by Nikki » 10 Jan 2018, 11:55

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

loshmi
(Shocktherapy)
Raven
Character name: Shocktherapy

Post by loshmi » 10 Jan 2018, 15:50

hey Marie :)
your UI looks rly messy for my taste , allot of info you dont need on screen :)

if i was on your place i would try to make it a bit cleaner (my taste only)

Gl with apply :)

Sigam
(Sigam/Kamashiru/Resno)
Dark Raven

Post by Sigam » 15 Jan 2018, 20:07

loshmi wrote:hey Marie :)
your UI looks rly messy for my taste , allot of info you dont need on screen :)

if i was on your place i would try to make it a bit cleaner (my taste only)

Gl with apply :)
Can you circle what you would have taken away? I'm looking for good ElvUI setups but I can't /haven't find/found one I like.

From birth to death,

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven
Character name: Pándoras

Post by Yogá » 19 Jan 2018, 14:24

For ui tips, (if you want them)...

Damage meter is much too large, also there's no need to have 3 of them, at this point, because of their size and also position, they may take away some of the focus from your character, leading you to be more likely to stand in stuff. I would personally consider moving them away and reducing in size (I personally prefer the bottom left corner, and the size of 5-8 people, but that's my preference, you do whatever works for you)

Another thing that I would consider, is moving at least your own health bar, and perhaps the enemy health bar closer to the middle of the screen... This is because having to look at the top left of your screen l will again take away your focus from your own character, potentially causing you to miss standing in something.

Lastly, you probably have too much information on your screen (I can personally see 2x murder of crows and 2x cobra shot weakauras/tmw) you may want to consider how much of this info you really need, and how much of it is just fluff.

These are just hints, and you can do whatever you like, but these are things I'd personally consider.

GL

Yogá/Pándoras

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 19 Jan 2018, 14:53

I always put my damage meters (and only showing top 10 or so with quite small text so it only takes about 4-5 cm in height) on the bottom right. You have a large window with loot/trade info there it seems, which is ofcourse not essential info during a boss fight, so that would be the place I'd put damage meters. Bottom left is often the chat window which I'd keep there.
As others said, only show one damage meter and I'd also ditch the healing meters unless you're healing ;-).

I always used the raid frames as a tank to monitor my own health (and incoming healing etc.) and that of the other tank, so I placed my frame close to the center. I didn't need my unit frame anymore that way as it's a lot larger with unnecessary information.

Sigam
(Sigam/Kamashiru/Resno)
Dark Raven

Post by Sigam » 19 Jan 2018, 17:11

I have removed some of the stuff and got a new UI I'm not a 100% happy with it. When I got time I will post a new picture.
From birth to death,

Sigam
(Sigam/Kamashiru/Resno)
Dark Raven

Post by Sigam » 20 Jan 2018, 20:05

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5AE0EB1E .....

This is the new one. I don't like the double info about buffs. Need to remove one of them.
From birth to death,

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 22 Jan 2018, 09:31

Looks a lot cleaner, although it's not in a raid setup at the moment. Raid frames on the left might get a bit too big then.

Sigam
(Sigam/Kamashiru/Resno)
Dark Raven

Post by Sigam » 22 Jan 2018, 13:25

From birth to death,

loshmi
(Shocktherapy)
Raven
Character name: Shocktherapy

Post by loshmi » 22 Jan 2018, 17:45

its way cleaner :)
also u can always click to cascade quest log and get it even more cleaner :)

Sigam
(Sigam/Kamashiru/Resno)
Dark Raven

Post by Sigam » 22 Jan 2018, 18:27

Hehe about the quest log yeah I was questing right before lfr and forgot to minimise it xD
From birth to death,