Character name: Reinhawk

[RG1] 110 Guardian Druid

Post by Reinhawk » 21 Aug 2017, 16:01

Who is your character?

Reinhawk, Druid, Guardian.
Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... n/reinhawk
WoWProgress link: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... n/Reinhawk

Who are you?

Mark, 31, born in Philippines, raised in West Yorkshire, currently living in Kent.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?

RG1 (3 days a week, Mythic progress priority).

Experience

Been playing WoW since TBC, stopped and missed MoP, have experience raiding (with some content breaks) in WotLK, Cata, WoD, and Legion.

Began raiding as a Hunter for WotLK and beginning of Cata. Then re-rolled to Resto Shaman in Cata. Began WoD as a Disc Priest but finished as Resto Druid.

Completed 'Cutting Edge' for: The Black Gate (Archimonde), Xavius, and Helya as Resto Druid.

Raid Role

Current role is raider, healer. I prepare by watching videos and reading boss tactics. Usual sources are FatBossTV but also the odd random ones just to get a second opinion/perspective (e.g. Method, Proper Bird).

I also prepare class-wise by making sure I have the most up to date stat priorities, buff food, potions, flasks, tomes to change talents between encounters, gems, and enchants. I also like to know best legendaries and talents for certain encounters. Legion class discord has been a god send for up to date class information, the druid one is particularly strong.

I judge my performance through Warcraft Logs (usually live log all raids), but also through actual raid outcome and insights of others around me.

Your Spec

My Guardian artifact level is 54.
Stat priorities are Armour > Stamina > Versatility > Mastery >> Haste > Crit for survivability. Agility >> Haste > Crit > Versatility > Mastery for dps. I always prioritise survivability stats above dps but keep pieces with dps stats.

My current go to raid build is what appears on my armoury at the moment but change according to the encounter or legendaries currently equipped.

Best survival legendary is the chest hands down for reduced incoming damage and stats. Second best would be a fight between Soul of the Archdruid (extra rage and damage generated by Mangle), Dual Determination (extra Survival Instincts and faster cd regen), and Skysec's Hold (more Frenzied regen healing - synergises very well with T204set).

For example, I would swap out Balance Affinity if I felt more healing was required but current theorycrafting shows it to be negligible or over healing so Balance is the best overall. For KJ I would always use Bristled Fur over Brambles for the extra rage generation during Fel Claws to then be able to have easy 2+ stacks of Iron Fur for the 4/5th stack. Also when using Duel Determination legendary I would swap out Guardian of Elune for Survival of the Fittest for synergy.

I have all Guardian legendaries except Fury of Nature (cloak, not very useful tbh), Archimonde's Hatred Reborn (trinket, could be useful), and Cinidaria, the Symbiote (belt, not really useful in raids).

Off-specs and Alternative characters

I would be very comfortable healing (current main spec but want to switch to guardian). I always try to maintain my other dps specs but prefer to either tank or heal. Would be prepared to prioritise a dps spec if preferred. Currently my artifact weapons are around 920-925 for Feral/Balance, both at 52 artifact levels. Resto is 939 with 60 artifact level.

I have mainly focused on my Druid but also have a 910 Holy Paladin, and 908 Resto Shaman. Main alt is Holy Paladin, gone off my Shaman.

Communication

I am very good with communication. I have a headset with mic so very comfortable using it when need be. I check forums regularly and always use the guild preferred means of communication no problems.

Battle Tag is Reinhawk#21915 (I have already chatted briefly with Brelyna and added the other recruitment officers).

Combat Logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/21054324 - not logged as tank though.

Your UI

http://imgur.com/B4f4kOD
http://imgur.com/nbZSbAj [edit: added in raid screenshot]

Guild History

I was Horde up until recently but was in Uprising in WoD, left with a few core players to form Unlucky in Legion, then joined Primal. Wanted a break from serious raiding so joined Disillusion (have a friend there). Missed raiding so joined Tactical Magic and currently with them now.

Reason I want to leave is the roster has taken a bit of a hit (serious raiding attitude has taken a dive, with a lot of our best dps moving elsewhere) and I would like to go Guardian and there isn't the opportunity to do that there.

Raid availability

Can do all raid days. Only problem would be if I have a late meeting but that is rare and can give plenty of notice (parent's evenings mostly).

References

I heard about you from WoW Progress and the realm forums. I do not currently know anyone in your guild :<

About you

I am an easy going guy, I am a secondary school teacher of biology/science, not that talkative to be honest unless spoken to or have something to contribute to what is being discussed. Not a douche?

Miscellaneous
Last edited by Reinhawk on 21 Aug 2017, 18:40, edited 2 times in total.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Re: [RG1] 110 Guardian Druid

Post by Jimmble » 21 Aug 2017, 16:05

Hihi, smelly bear.

*pokes bear with stick*

Brelyna
raid leader
Character name: Brelyna
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Brelyna » 21 Aug 2017, 16:09

Hey!

Thanks for your application, give us a couple days to discuss it and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!

(Stop poking the bears Jimmble!)

Reinhawk

Post by Reinhawk » 22 Aug 2017, 13:21

Reinhawk

Post by Reinhawk » 23 Aug 2017, 17:53

Thanks for considering me but I have decided to pull my application. Sorry for wasting your time.

Brelyna
raid leader
Character name: Brelyna
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Brelyna » 23 Aug 2017, 18:02

Thanks for applying to us, good luck out there!

<Application withdrawn>