Discipline Priest applying to RG1

A safe place for closed application.
Popenhauzen
Raven
Character name: Popenhauzen

Discipline Priest applying to RG1

Post by Popenhauzen » 04 Jul 2017, 15:45

Who is your character?
Popenhauzen is a deliliciously plump dwarfette, zealous discipline priest, delver of tailoring fashion
and engineering mayhem:

Armory link
Wow Progress link

There are a few items that i change depending on boss, will list more info in the Your Spec section.

I do not play my offspecs, as in every game i play i tend to obsess on a specific character/spec/gamestyle that demands more challenging gameplay, trying to master it in the process. A bit more on this later on on Off-specs and Alternative characters Section

Who are you?
I am Panagiotis, a 30 year old male from Greece, but i am currently working in Firenze, Italy. I am both city and village raised, having spent roughly 60/40 of my lifetimes experiences on each.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG1 for experiencing and beating the content when it is still untouched by nerfs/major buff patches like the 7.2 empowered traits.

Experience

TBC:
A bit late into kara, but raided and progressed the rest with a steady group, as a holy priest. However we only managed to beat the first boss of the Sunwell, and that after the Wotlk pre-patch.
We also had a stable group for Zul Aman, we managed to get the bear for 8/10 people in it. RIP the other 2 though :( .

Wotlk:
I tanked as both a warrior and DK in naxxramas, EoE, Sanctums, ToC and Icecrown. I sadly missed Ulduar due to university obligations.

Cata:
I healed as a holy priest through pretty much everything, Twilight bastion (but no Sinestra), TotW, Blackwing Descent, Firelands, Dragon soul.

In both MoP and WoD i made significant breaks from the game. I healed as holy priest in SoO and dps as dk in HfC,but overall i just could not feel satisfied by the state of the game, both immersion wise (where are the mighty warlords strongholds and the iconic enviroments damnit?) and gameplay wise.

Legion:
We raided quite casually in legion, only reaching 4/7 M in EN, clearing only Hc in ToV, and 7/10 M in Nighthold (we probably would have gotten to 8/10 but lost quite a few raids due to roster problems.) Note that we begun Auriel progress just as 7.2 hit, which i am a bit dissapointed about because the empowered traits were a massive power creep and i did not get to experience a lot of bosses on their initial tuning.

In the present tier i have cleared normal and 8/9 Hc ToS, mostly through pugging as i stopped raiding with the current guilds team, where now i am a social member.

Popenhauzen was created when we moved to defias during the dragon soul tier, if you want to review my previous charatcers i can provide a list. They all still exist.

Raid Role

Currently disc is still the burst healer archetype, focusing on optimising cooldowns and mainly covering raid healing. Spot healing ability was significantly buffed in 7.2 with aegis of wrath, and shadow mend has ever been the single most powerfull non CD single target heal in the game, but the best utilisation of my spec is to make use of extreme mana efficiency when healing burst raid damage (unchecked rage, embrace of the eclipse, wrath of the creators) and allow other healers to keep their cooldowns as flexibly positioned/emergency tools.

I studied the damage patterns from beta, and now after live practice i make my own analysis of my logs, but also often discuss things like general mechanics, cd optimisation or per encounter strategies with the people at Focused will Discord. Generally atonement coverage and efficiency, as well as optimisation of cooldowns are what i am looking out for. Thanks to the https://wowanalyzer.com/ a lot of this information retrieval is automated but of course not enough on its own.

I am regular visitor(what am i saying, i got it constantly open) to Focused Will and the corresponding discord, which is home to the best and brightest of discipline priests, including Josh(currently progressing with Method and being present in all fights), Sups and Lovelace, lob, unparalleled theorycrafts like Total and JD, THE most iconic content creator (unless you only legitimate source of guides is youtube) Mend, the grumpy but erudite Reglitch,module developer of the discipline specific analysis for the https://wowanalyzer.com/ .... the list goes on.

I'm a shameless fanboy because these guys absolutely know their sh*t and if you want to get some valid opinions on wether i am raider material or not, simply ask them for an honest opinion.

Your Spec

My Light's Wrath is at 929 ilvl and 58 traits, with 1 relic for confession(penance damage) and 2 for Edge of dark and Light(Dot damage).

I will not list the general gameplay here because this application already has too much text. I will instead focus talent/gear selection:

Stat weights are calculated dynamically through the Focused Will pawn bot, which snapshots the armory image and offer different weights for dungeon and raid gameplay. Of course no simulation or projection about healing is 100% precise as healing is impossible to properly sim (or rather would take an astronomical amount of proccessing power and personal customisation to the specific raid team) as well as a 0 sum game of multiple people cooperating, so in the end it is a guideline. A very very good one at that though. The general rule is haste is ahead, mastery, crit and versa follow in that order, leech up to 5% is pimp (arbitrary but starts to overheal a lot after that).

The reason why leech is valued so highly and some of items are of a suprizingly lower item level.
Leech is applied both for the damaging effect of a, for example, smite, but also applied for each atonement healing. therefore if i were to heal 16 players with 50% atonement transfer, and i had 10% leech, i will be healed for 10% of smite damage, + 0.5x0.1x16 smite damage, meaning 90% of the damage done. Essentially leech allows massive amount of free healing, saving both mana and global cooldowns, especially for a squishy class like pri, and more so in encounters with heavy/constant damage.e so in encounters with heavy/constant damage.

Since i was lucky enough to get my bis legendaries and the mighty owl trinket from sisters, i will be getting shield discipline for maximing mana regen, and because minbender would find it difficult to find room to fit with so many cooldowns that proc atonement healing available.
Sanctuary is the only valid choice in its tier, and purge the wicked is uncontested on multi target fights where they survive long enough, with halo being a good supplement when that is not the case and aoe healing is heavy. I always favoured ptw in 7.2.5 though.
Grace is simply dominating raids, with grace mandatory for harder 5man content where shadow mend usage is frequent.

I generally run 4set from NH, since the atonement extension is a significant hps and hp/mana gain, especially when it allows to cover extra mechanics. For demon Bosses the Suramar 5man set, March of the legion is both a dps bonus and an atonement activator. The Tarnished sentinel medallion is also an amazing atonement heal, but longer fights like KJ simply demand all the mana you can spare so darkmoon deck: promises is the prefered choice there.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
As i said earlier, i obsess and dedicate to a single choice. I believe it is actually required for some more demanding cases such as is disc priest, and know that holy is simple enough to need only a few hours with it until i reach a more than decent level of performance. I would not consider myself able to do similarly on shadow however, in fact i think that, like disc, it needs serious practice to play at a high level.

Apart from that i have a warrior and a dk, both tanks, although their ilvl and AP investments are not something impressive. Of the two, the warrior could potentially cover some easier content with 902 ilvl, 914 artifact and 47 points. I claim no high mastery over him however.

Communication
Yes to everything.
Popokolara#2396

Combat Logs
I can't say im particularly happy with my performance on logs, however from the feedback i have gotten from my discord there were serious raid organisation and overhealing issues, which are any disc's bane. Mainly its a snipe war and a nasty one at that. I still have quite a few things i can improve however and my first consideration at the moment is PtW uptime, and cooldown optimisation.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps

Your UI
Raid UI:
http://s242.photobucket.com/user/Diakor ... l.jpg.html

Raid frames when people's health is low (this was actually hard to get :? ):
http://s242.photobucket.com/user/Diakor ... m.jpg.html

Guild History
I have been part of From dusk till Dawn since 2005, which later moved on to Defias brotherhood, and merged with Nal Ra. Later on after some internal power shifts it was renamed to High Definition, and have been with them ever since. the main core has ever been the same people, even if their position in the hierarchy might have changed.

Raid availability
Absolutely, i have a very open program atm.

References
Laromendis contacted me on wowprogress, and suggested i drop an application.

As for vouching, ask anyone in my last guild. In fact ask 5 different people about me, completely in random. I believe the result will be amusing :mrgreen:. If you had to choose though, ask my guild master. he knows me since 2005, through the worst and the best.

About you
I love being a cog in the machine, and helping in its smooth operation. I understand guild politics and human psychology to a very very good level, but i am very attached to my moral principles, and will not shy away from defending what i think is right. I want to be part of a proud and constructive team, who does not shy away from constructive honesty, and respects the total and the individual, without pampering to them.

Miscellaneous
As i said to Laromendis in our little chat i have a guilty past in regards to my hardware:

1. My fps in boss fights is usually at 15, and in the last phase of the Sisters, the lunar beacon graphic can reduce even more after the majority of the room is covered in them.

2. My connection has been unstable until this june, where with the help of a technician friend of fine, we assigned a permanent ip and tweaked the rooter settings. The result is an almost 100% stable connection, but i have still gotten disconnected once during raid times with my previous guild 2 weeks ago.

The fps and connection situation(pre fix) has been like this for the whole tier, so my performance as indicated in the logs is with these circumstances. I am confident i am an asset to any team otherwise i would not be applying, but also as i mentioned earlier, honesty is very important for me.

Herecles
Raven
Character name: Herecles

Re: Discipline Priest applying to RG1

Post by Herecles » 04 Jul 2017, 17:22

Thanks for your application mate!

Let us have a read and discuss it and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Laro
(Laromendis)
Raven
Character name: Laromendis

Post by Laro » 05 Jul 2017, 17:31

Hey! We'd like to offer you a trial :). Poke an officer in game for an invite!

Twiki
Ancient
guild bank
Character name:
Specialization: guild bank

Post by Twiki » 06 Jul 2017, 01:01

<recruited>