Scy
(Illanor)
Character name: Illanor

[RG1] Vonshala, Lvl110 Unholy Death Knight

Post by Scy » 16 Dec 2016, 16:54

Who is your character?
My main, an Unholy DK Vonshala

Who are you?
I'm a Latvian-born raised in Ireland CS student currently.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I am applying for playing on RG1, I am looking to put in work for doing the highest tier of content while it's still current.

Experience
So far my raiding experience has been minimal. I have only started playing the game in November 2015 as a break from Dota, and have moved into playing exclusively WoW around the beginning of summer of 2016.
I've so far been in only one raiding guild, which I joined since the start of Legion, with it we've cleared up to and including Mythic Nythendra, and up to and including normal Guarm. This, to me, seems like incredibly poor progress, but I do not blame my guild for being who they are, they simply do not dedicate the amount of time I would think necessary to progress.
Other than that I have no notable raiding achievements.
I have spent a lot of the time I've been in WoW levelling and gearing different classes, playing all of the specs and roles in different types of content.

Raid Role
So far I have been playing DPS in raids, as personally it is the role I found the most engaging, as you compete against both your fellow raid members, and logs, whilst also following all of the boss mechanics. I have played both tank and healer in very minor situations, but all roles extensively in dungeon scenarios.

Your Spec
I am maining an Unholy Death Knight currently,
The meta build is currently Crit > Haste, however I personally prefer Mastery > Haste,
In my opinion this makes a lot more sense for quite a few reasons, first - crit's only interaction with the current spec is the single talent, castigator, whereas mastery increases every single source of your damage other than auto attacks and festering strike, hence promoting even more value into bursting sores, and clawing shadows, which is in my opinion a very important aspect of Unholy:
It is the melee spec with the least amount of downtime in the game when using clawing shadows, unlike most melee specs, leaving the melee range for me only results in a total 25-30k DPS decrease from lacking autoattacks, whereas others completely lose their DPS unless they're a DoT based class. This allows me to comfortably deal with mechanics of a fight and moving out of the fire whilst still contributing to the damage done to the boss.
It is also notable that clawing shadows being wholly shadow damage, utilising it in Scourge of Worlds windows alongside with the fact that it completely ignores Armor makes it more potent IMO than castigator.
I have also heard that pet damage on Unholy is going to be changed to Shadow, in which case I will see an absolutely massive increase in damage over a fight almost instantly.
After that of course I take Haste by default, as it contributes to the flow of the spec and helps spend the due GCDs that pile up otherwise, alongside helping increase Plague damage and burst rate.

The current biggest flaw in my build is the fact that I so far have under 5 days /played at 110, which mostly only means that my artifact is severely starved of levels. This was due to my levelling half a dozen other characters before settling on a DK. I will say that DK will be my main from here onwards, as it was the very first class I have ever played in WoW, I enjoy the identity and the current feel of the specs I play.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
Currently I have 110 characters of all classes other than Shaman, Rogue and Druid. Most of them somewhat geared.
Mostly my characters are evenly spread between Horde and Alliance, and one on Alliance on a different server, I mention these to show my experience playing all of these classes, however only the Alliance Defias characters I can freely switch between for the purposes of raiding, and the others would require incentive to move over for participation.
Ellesandre
Aliethea
Lisianthia
Illanor
Elanoir
Eszekiel
Ashbel
Anhaedra

More specifically, I've played Arcane Mage, Marksmanship and Survival Hunter, Discipline Priest, All Paladin specs, all Monk specs, Vengeance Demon Hunter, Affliction Warlock, Arms Warrior,

Communication
I have a working microphone, very stable internet and computer.
I have no qualms using whatever method of communication is preferred within the guild.

Combat Logs
My logs can be seen under Shekel, I have been raiding with them for the last while.
Some of the more recent ones which include both my DK and my Mage are:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8dNK2GTnFyRrcgpA
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/frHnQvhm9ZGM4CXL
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/frHnQvhm9ZGM4CXL
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FqpDxz723gWnMhJK
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cY3CL6jTtfZaPJxM

Your UI
LFR Screenshot of my current UI
ElvUI base, top bars for AP and rep, DBM cooldowns shown on the right of the boss, alongside the boss frames. My player frame showing both RP and Runes, with debuff icons and buff progress bars, target frame in a similiar manner.
All keys bound including pet hook and stun using Bartender.

Guild History
So far the only raiding guild I have been with is Shekel. I am planning on moving because, whilst I very much enjoy their company, I am certain that there are many people just as wonderful in other places as well, and I wish to find ones that share that quality alongside being as dedicated to playing, improving and advancing in the game as I.

Raid availability
I am available at all times in the evenings as currently I am a jobless student.

References
I don't think I've personally interacted with any members of the guild to any notable mention. I found you through wowprogess.

About you
I am 20 years old, currently in my last year of Uni, I speak English and Russian freely, I used to play Dota for three and a half years on an extremely competitive level (About 6k MMR, also winning a LAN) before dropping it for WoW.
I love to joke around and have a laugh, but I also understand when sh** gets serious and focus is required from everyone in the group.
My probably favorite part of any game is figuring out unconventional builds and either through ingenuity or personal skill proving to others that a lot of unusual things can work in certain situations, and having a flexible mindset to adapt can be invaluable in recognizing and utilizing them.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you.

Xanzara
Raven
Character name: Xanzara

Re: [RG1] Vonshala, Lvl110 Unholy Death Knight

Post by Xanzara » 16 Dec 2016, 22:47

Thanks for applying to RG1. Please wait while we deliberate.

Scy
(Illanor)
Character name: Illanor

Re: [RG1] Vonshala, Lvl110 Unholy Death Knight

Post by Scy » 17 Dec 2016, 13:55

Wonderful,

I would also like to note that I have a level103 Shaman on Alliance Defias that I will probably level soon as well, Elemental but can also easily be Enhance.
With the AK catch up system being implemented before Nighthold opens, if it works on MAX_AK-5 on account then I'll be able to buy up AK 20 for it and get to 35 traits within a week.