Gorrst - Death Knight / Warlock / Other stuff...

A safe place for closed application.
Gorrst

Gorrst - Death Knight / Warlock / Other stuff...

Post by Gorrst » 04 Apr 2016, 23:39

Who is your character?
Here's a gist of what I play: http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu ... on/Ragheim

Who are you?

My name is Şahin Tuzcukaya. I live in Istanbul, I work mostly at home as a translator but sometimes (almost never) I get jobs as interpreters for businessmen in dinners and such. My major is on the translation and the interpretation of the English language. I am male, 26 years old and I have a beard.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?

I wish to apply to RG1.

Experience
I'll just go through this expansion per expansion - my achievements will speak for these details should you wish to proofread it all:

Vanilla: I was a nub
TBC: Pre-nerf Brutallus
Wrath: Up to Halion - who ever did Halion anyway?
Cataclysm: Up to pre-nerf Spine - frog recruiting 5 mages and rogues
MoP: I played D3 and Rift most of the MoP. I had some world firsts in Inferno, and I was the Warrior class leader in world's first guild in Rift. It sounds glamorous but it really wasn't...
WoD: 13/13 Mythic with two Archi kills.

Raid Role
I play mostly dps. I sim every char I'm maining extensively, simming every piece of gear and/or upgrade, or talents. I keep up to date with WoW news with MMO-C, and my sims & theorycrafting keep me sharp on cutting edge dps.

Your Spec
Well I'm applying with my Death Knight right now, so I'll talk about Death Knights:

DW Frost really isn't that complicated. My simmed weights of my character indicate that Mastery is my best stat, followed by Versatility (Yeeeep) and Multistrike. Since I wasn't playing Unholy all that much right now, I went with Mastery enchants and such. My talents are rather cookie-cutter, you can't really go with anything else in my spec.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
See my wowprogress link.

Communication
I have a good mic. and I can communicate verbally. I don't mind frequenting forums for guild news and such.

Combat Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... st/#boss=0
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... est#boss=0

These are noteworthy logs of some of my characters. You can browse more per my wowprogress page, at your leisure. All of them should be public.

Your UI
http://imgur.com/oIJ18hN

Nothing out of ordinary, I use the same setup on all my chars. Some WAs, some TMWs and rest is standard-issue.

Guild History
I'm going to go with the Keanu Reeves meme and say "I've lived for eons. I lost more than men can remember.". Suffice it to say that my DKs current guild is dead, shortly after (Two days) I transferred and joined them.

Raid availability

I have no life.

References
I have no insider, I found Raven Council out via wowprogress.

About you
I'm a 6'4" 300 pound guy with a beard.

Miscellaneous

As I've discussed it down with Emi, ı wish to take my trial xrealm till at least next month; and depending on our compatibility, transfer my DK or Lock to Defias Brotherhood.

Thank you for reading, hope to hear from you soon!

KramT
(Kramt)
Raven
Character name: Kramt

Re: Gorrst - Death Knight / Warlock / Other stuff...

Post by KramT » 04 Apr 2016, 23:45

Thank you for your application give just a few days to review it! :D

Beastaly
Ancient
Character name: Beastaly
WoW character race: Blood Elf
WoW character class: Death Knight

Post by Beastaly » 06 Apr 2016, 17:57

Hey there!
I recommend you take a look at this guide for your DK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PubPML3qHNQ

He's also got a very good guide for Unholy, Blood Tap, and Runic Corruption.

Good luck with your application!

//Beastaly

Gorrst

Post by Gorrst » 06 Apr 2016, 19:40

I'll go a bit more in depth, I glossed over my talent and stat priority choices beacuse I assumed that when I said I sim, you'd get that I use simcraft to realise my playstyle.

So right now I'm specced Frost DW with RC and Defile. And those Patchwerk sims are:

DPS DPS(e) DPS Error DPS Range DPR
100290.3 100290.3 58.5 / 0.058% 11639.2 / 11.6% 12598.3

With weights of:

Wdps Str Mastery AP Vers Mult Haste WOHdps Crit
Scale Factors 12.80 11.36 8.11 8.00 7.42 7.37 7.09 6.12 4.20

Also Helterskelter sims for a more realistic raid situation:

93231.0 93231.0 55.8 / 0.060% 11184.2 / 12.0% 12111.3

So since Multistrike is, again, by sims, best stat for Unholy and I play Unholy BoS offspec, I went with enchanting Multi as a compromise. Now about RC vs. BT:

This is same Frost setup with BT instead:

101398.6 101398.6 53.8 / 0.053% 10820.0 / 10.7% 12625.9

And Helterskelter sim:

94369.0 94369.0 51.1 / 0.054% 10192.2 / 10.8% 12126.1

As it stands BT over RC is roughly a 1k dps gain for me. But there's more: RC's main goodness is that it returns your double runes for more obliterates, and BT returns Death Runes for more Howling Blasts and Soul Reapers. So in a situation where'd you play Masterfrost like Xhul, I can see the BT pulling farther. But in conclusion I prefer RC over BT for general usage beacuse it's just not worth it*

*Not worth it as in right now; when progression is over by months and the place is a pushover. If this was in the heat of progression, yeah, I'd go for that 1k more. No doubt.

So about Unholy: I don't have a Mythic Vial. I try to pug BRF every week but Maidens are still hard for pugs and I barely get kills. With my trinket setup, the Unholy specs go like BoS > Defile > Necrotic Plague. And their sims are as follows:

BoS with no vial:

100622.9 100622.9 60.1 / 0.060% 11864.4 / 11.8% 12159.6

Defile:

95811.8 95811.8 46.9 / 0.049% 9331.9 / 9.7% 11498.7

NP:

94340.6 94340.6 54.6 / 0.058% 10815.3 / 11.5% 12114.6

So. In short; I play Multistirke Frost and BoS Unholy Beacuse they yield the highest dps. I hope I don't come off as too assholish, I just wanted to make the point that after playing my DK avidly since Wrath; there is nothing I can learn from a youtube guide that I can't figure out on my own - and that's pretty much half the fun. Thank you for reading.

KramT
(Kramt)
Raven
Character name: Kramt

Post by KramT » 06 Apr 2016, 20:25

Hey you have been approved for trial raids start Thursday 7:45 poke me then!

Beastaly
Ancient
Character name: Beastaly
WoW character race: Blood Elf
WoW character class: Death Knight

Post by Beastaly » 07 Apr 2016, 02:18

I'm sure we can take this discussion in-game if you want to exchange a few words :) Really like your enthusiasm, it's a great feature to have, however I do detect some stuborness.

My intentions where just to raise awareness about the video, it's quite intresting, you can do w/e you like, definatlly worth a watch :)

Good luck with your trial!

Emz
(Pemix)
Raven
Character name: Pemix

Post by Emz » 14 Apr 2016, 14:16

Hey, I'm sorry to inform you after last weeks trial we have decided to decline you based on your attitude both in and outside of raid, for example talking over Raid officers and the raid lead whilst trying to explain tactics and making comments towards people.

It seems you have little respect for people in the raid group and we don't want that kind of attitude here.

We wish you good luck finding a guild that is better suited to you.

Twiki
Ancient
guild bank
Character name:
Specialization: guild bank

Post by Twiki » 15 Apr 2016, 20:44

<not recruited>