[Social] Arizael - Legion Raider

A safe place for closed application.
Arizael

[Social] Arizael - Legion Raider

Post by Arizael » 18 Feb 2016, 04:51

Who is your character?
I suppose my main character currently is my Rogue who's name is Arizael on Aggramar, however I also play my Monk, Death Knight, Shaman, Mage, Warrior and Druid quite regularly due to Challenge Modes which I boost and run for fun.

I predominantly play DPS but have dabbled in healing and tanking previously throughout expansions, ultimately I find myself playing best and most enjoying the game as DPS. This means that I play whatever spec is currently best for classes that have more than 1 dps spec, so for Rogue I currently play Sub/Combat.

A link to my Rogue is here - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ael/simple
I do not own the Legendary Ring. I played WW Monk prior to HFC release then stopped playing after my guild fell apart and returned not too eager to pick it back up. My Rogue is currently collecting Runes from BRF.

Who are you?
My name is Ronnie Burn, I am 21 and from England (near London)

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
Honestly not too sure. For now I'd say I'm applying for RG2 as my character isn't that geared and I havn't really raided this tier much. However, going into Legion I am without a doubt applying for RG1. I want to hit the ground running in Legion, I'm going to be spending all my time doing everything I can to get an edge in raids when and before they open.

Experience

Generally I have raided to high standard on and off through out my 11 years playing WoW, I started out as 10 year old so bare that in mind.

I cleared a lot of random stuff on my Shadow Priest due to knowing people who took me through stuff later in expansions just to see the content.

For me my real experience started in Naxx 10 man where me and my brother (in another guild) fought for best geared Paladin on the server all the way up until ICC first wing. My server wasnt amazing though. In Cataclysm I tanked the realm first kill of Lord Rhyolith and realm second Baleroc, at the time I didnt even think about it being of any importance I was just raiding in my spare time. At the end of Cata in Dragonsoul i realised my real capability as my LFR geared Paladin competed with full Heroic geared individuals, I saw that I actually knew my class really damn well and that I wanted to do something with it next expac.

Ultimately it was WoD where I really got the chance to take off, pushing top rankings on my Windwalker on the server and get top 100 rankings as we progressed Mythic BRF!

As a general overview here is a list of what I killed when it was current content:

Vanilla - Onyxia, Molten Core

TBC - Karazhan, 3/4 Tempest Keep, 2 SSC, Magtheridon

Wrath - Naxx 10 man, Ulduar 10 man, TotC 10 Man, ICC first wing 10 man (server firsts)

Cata - Firelands 25 man, Dragonsoul 10/25man Normal and up to Ultraxion in Heroic

Mists - Mogu'shan 10 Normal/25 Heroic (up to Garajal), HoF 10 Normal, Terrace 10 Normal, Siege of Orgrimmar 13/14 Heroic [1000's of 9/9 CM Gold)

WoD - Highmaul 6/7 Mythic, BRF 5/10 Mythic, HFC 6/13 Heroic (100's of 8/8 CM Gold)

Raid Role
Currently no role as not really in a guild that I raid with. However previously I have been Raid Leader, Guild Master, Officer, Class Officer and general raider. I have spent most of my raiding time as Raid Leader/Officer.

I take a keen interest in logs often running private logs myself. I will spend hours outside of raid just looking over them, comparing them to other guilds of similar and higher ranking/progression mostly out of curiosity but also to get a grasp on what we're doing right and what needs tuning up. I judge my own performance based on different things depending on how well we as a raid know the boss. For example, if we are brand new on it, I am fine doing half my potential DPS providing in a handful of pulls I get how to handle the mechanics presented to us so far. From there I will focus on getting the damage out that I am expected to. I'll look at others of my spec and class in logs, streams and asking friends to see what they're doing differently for better or worse.

To keep myself updated on my class I will go on the PTR and test things, do some basic theorycrafting myself, play BETAs and test things out, I will watch streams on Twitch, talk to friends, check and compare logs, read forums and ultimately play the game for myself and test anything and everything.

Your Spec
This is where it gets a little weird, as essentially I havn't fully delved in playing Rogue to high standard for raids yet but more so in Challenge Modes which are very different. If you like I can go into great depth about each CM as a Rogue and how the strategies my group uses influences my choices across whatever character I play at the time?

Off-specs and Alternative characters
Very comfortable switching specs for fights, it would be prohibiting the raid team if I said otherwise.

As for Alts, well I play everything but most of them are geared around Challenge Modes at the moment:
DK - Frost/Blood/Unholy [Played decently, mostly used to run CM's when we need a grip and army. Sometimes do PUGs]
Warrior - Fury/Arms [Entirely played in CM's]
Paladin - Retri/Prot [Used to main briefly in BRF Heroic]
Hunter - BM [Entirely played in CM's]
Shaman - Enhancement [Primarily my main Challenge Mode go to character as Enhancement OP, most geared character sitting at 711]
Monk - Windwalker [My Old Main from Mists release till BRF Mythic ended]
Rogue - Sub/Combat [Current Main!]
Druid - Feral/Guardian [Side project of mine, planning a 5 tank CM 8/8 run with each tanking class where we all go full DPS builds just for fun]
Mage - Frost/Arcane [Mostly played so I can go back to BRF Mythic for transmog runs for the Gul'dan shoulders]
Priest - Disc/Shadow [Used to main from Vanilla to Wrath. Never again]
Warlock - Destro/Demonology [Just kinda exists? Was my main alt back in Highmaul in alt runs I used to organise]

I havnt added Armory Links as I didnt want to spam you, can supply on request

Communication
I have a microphone in working condition, very clear. I went to Uni to be a Sound Technician so I keep my stuff in good condition and working order. I am vocal when needed and happy to give my input as and when I feel necessary. I am more than used to talking on comms because of having been Raid Leader and Officer for such long periods of time. I am also happy to use the forums as I used to put up tactics on my old forums and host open discussions for everything. Me and an appointed Officer built, developed, scanned and used the Forums everyday.

Combat Logs
Currently have no logs due to mostly doing Challenge Modes which I do not log. Considering I am DPS and I understand the value of logs for DPS over the other roles I am willing to do what I can to get some in a PUG or something equivocal.
[If possible please link a log showing your character raiding current content. If you have no logs, please explain why

Your UI
The only major thing I am currently missing from my UI for raiding is an addon to show raid cooldowns to see what we have available and when who is using what, also missing the addon that lets the raid write notes on the screen for eachother.

http://imgur.com/h8gU2J7

Guild History
Vanilla
Mostly in friends' guilds that I cant remember except for Tiger Force Seven which was just a funny name

TBC
Pining for the Fjords. They were an ok team that raided up to 3/4 Tempest Keep and 2 bosses in Serpentshrine. Left to join Supreme/Mojo Madness near the end of TBC because Pining for the Fjords fell apart.

Supreme/Mojo Madness. I jumped between these two guilds for the end of TBC because they were the top guilds on the server and they started raiding with each other and there was just a lot of weird movement of people between guilds. Raided Black Temple and some SunWell with these guys, it was right at the end of the expansion however. I was made Priest Class Officer of this weird mesh of guilds.

Wrath
Howling for the Fjords. Messy guild made of old friends and raiders, we cleared Naxx 10 then another member of the guild remade it into V for Vanilla.

V for Vanilla. Great guild, did a lot of 25 man Ulduar and Naxx. Stopped at ICC first wing for me, left due to pc breaking on me! I was Officer here.

Cataclysm
Jumped around a lot at the start and played on and off. Came back for the release of Firelands where I tanked in some random guild on some random server that I dont even remember. However at the end I made my own guild named Jaded which raided with another named STRONGHOLD.

Mists of Pandaria
Jaded. I pushed this guild hard but ultimately it fell apart as we just couldnt get the numbers to sustain raiding. I ultimately joined STRONGHOLD.

STRONGHOLD. Nice guild, fairly casual but I made my own team and took advantage of guilds on the server falling apart and put together a team that cleared 5 Heroic Bosses in Siege (Pre Mythic title) and Raid Lead them all the way. However towards the end of the expac I really wanted more for my effort and decided to join Zerglings.

Zerglings. Was the strongest looking guild I had been in since Wrath, I was ready to push myself and go hard into new content with these guys. We found ourselves stuck on Heroic Garrosh, nearly killing him several times but the commitment from people to turn up and from leadership just wasnt there so late in the expac.

WoD
Zerglings. First raid in Highmaul I openly discussed my issues and was made Officer for showing the passion to fix people's attitudes and to help the guild get where it needed to be. Eventually I became Raid Leader and got us 6/7 Mythic Highmaul and 10/10 Heroic BRF. However when we killed Blackhand I told the GM that I was leaving because I felt like I was Raid Leader yet I was constantly undermined by him in front of everyone and he always gave special attention to his friends over the better raiders. It made me lose interest in the game and feel more angry than happy when playing. I left, it caused a bit of a poo storm which I never intended as I left amicably but it hasnt gone down well still to this day.

Shattered Entities. I found this guild after Zerglings with some others who moved with me from Zerglings. It was a great guild where I was an Officer but most everything was run by the GM. It was a guild ruled with an iron fist but it worked and things were smooth. We cleared 5/10 Mythic BRF and then it all fell apart when people lost interest so didnt turn up and then we lost numbers and then temper's flared for some members resulting in arguments and probably our best DPS rage quitting the game (note: I was not apart of these arguments, I just wanted to raid!) This left me without a guild but fortunately my friend who I boosted CM's with last expac came back to the game and we started boosting again!

And now I am in several random guilds for the perks but dont raid with any of them and I just really do Challenge Modes and make my own PUGs with old friends, randoms and people I do CM's with.

Raid availability
Currently I can make all raid times, I say currently because I am looking for a new job as my current one is not for me anymore

References
Found your advertisement for Recruitment on the forums!

About you
To describe me I'd say I am a social guy who likes to find my thing and be the best I can be, not necessarily THE best of all time ever but to put everything I have into it. I love to help people out as well, last expansion me and 2 friends boosted CM's for free because it was gratifying enough to see people be happy at getting their chest of transmog!

Miscellaneous
Not too sure what exactly I'm applying for and on what, primarily applying for Legion but would like to get to know the guild before hand so we get along before new content. Watching the Alpha closely for spec and class changes to see what I like the look of but best bet is that I'll go for some sort of Melee DPS as its where I feel most comfortable and strongest.

Zarell
Raven
Character name: Zarell
WoW character race: Human
WoW character class: Paladin

Re: App for Legion Raider

Post by Zarell » 18 Feb 2016, 09:22

Thank you for the application. Please give us some time to review it.

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient
Character name: Xanthin

Re: App for Legion Raider

Post by Xanthi » 21 Feb 2016, 19:47

Your application has been approved for social, RG2 part needs still final approval from the raid leader, but you can whisper an officer for a ginvite.

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics
Character name: Horlícks
Specialization: tactics

Re: [Social] Arizael - Legion Raider

Post by Lupo » 21 Mar 2016, 19:14

He is in the guild as social until Legion where his role will be reevaluated.

<recruited as social>