[RG2] Fitgypsy, Level 100 Marksmanship Hunter

A safe place for closed application.
Gilron
Raven
Character name: Gilron

[RG2] Fitgypsy, Level 100 Marksmanship Hunter

Post by Gilron » 11 Sep 2015, 18:36

Who is your character?
[Fitgypsy, Hunter, Marksmanship, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... psy/simple .

Who are you?
Luka, 21, Canada, but now I live in Jordan as I am an exchange student

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I would like to join the RG2, just because I took a break after Highmaul and would like to get back into the habit of raiding and to gear up. Once I am geared enough I would definitely like to move on to the RG1, in due time of course.

Experience
I've been playing wow since vanilla, about a couple months after its release. I haven't raided in vanilla though, did like 1 raid in TBC I think it was SSC, so still no raiding there. In WotlK however, I cleared ICC, and managed to clear a few bosses in heroic, but didn't finish it. I did this on my US warlock - Fained (probably inactive by now). I played US for almost 9-10 years due to the fact that I used to live in my home country of Canada. But since I moved to Jordan, my ping spiked due to the fact that US servers are far so I had to switch to EU. In Cata I also finished DS and FL but not on heroic. In MoP, I cleared it all as well, but not on heroic. In Cata and WotlK I played my warlock Fained, but in MoP I played my priest - Rained (both on US). Atonement healing was the best!

Raid Role
Right now my role is a hunter ranged dps. I usually am the one who, if you're missing a flask or pot, you would come to. To be honest, I never bring feasts though haha! I try to compare my performance with other hunters, similarly geared to myself and judge based on that. Icy-veins is on my chrome tabs, as I check that every once in a while to keep up with hunter changes and what not. I also like to watch youtube guides, and most definitely streamers! I never go to a raid un-prepared even if I haven't done a certain boss. Before I walk into a raid I never experienced, I say to myself, can I lead this raid? And the answer is yes, most of the time.

Your Spec
Well since I am a marksmanship hunter, my strongest, most important, bread and butter ability is Chimaera shot. I basically keep it on cooldown throughout the fight. Aimed shot comes second in priority under Chimaera shot, on 3 conditions: 1- The target is above 80% health. 2- Rapid fire is active. 3- I have thrill of the hunt procs (talents). Barrage is next on the priority list as it does a little more damage than aimed shot. Last, is Kill Shot. Kill shot is only 2nd priority after chimaera shot when the target is below 35%. My opener is usually, potion, stampede, rapid fire, chimaera shot, spam aimed shot until chimaera is up. Rinse and repeat until the target is under 80%, then barrage starts to kick in, and finally Killshot at 35%. As far as stats go, Agility obviously is a no-brainer when it comes to hunters. Critical strike comes in as a close second for MM hunters and right under it is multistrike. Under multistrike you can have 2 options. If you can stand still and maintain sniper training then mastery comes under it. If not then versatility comes under multistrike. Barrage is a very important talent as it does more damage than an aimed shot. Lone wolf is also a MM no-brainer. Focusing shot will just keep you focus capped since you have 2 long spells to cast (aimed shot and focusing shot). I would say thrill of the hunt is the most important talent, since 30focus aimed shots are the best thing in life, haha!

Off-specs and Alternative characters
Well since I'm a hunter, I don't have to switch to any other spec atm since MM does the most dps on pretty much all the bosses in HFC. I am comfortable, however, in playing any other hunter spec if I am required to. As for alts, I do have a priest that I love (as I mentioned I mained disc priest in MoP) but I will save myself the embarrasement and not link her armory here because she is WAY too undergeared for HFC. I will however bring her up to par, but not right now as I am really focusing on my hunter. I haven't touched her since last time I played, which was back when Highmaul was the highest content.

Communication
I have an okay headset, nothing special like a Hyper-x headset, but it does the job done. Sound quality is great, no background noise, no static sounds, and yes I am comfortable talking. I'm usually the guy who's always in TS or Mumble, just chilling, even if there is no raid going on. I prefer in-game discussions, as I'm not really a forum guy, but if important things were posted that needed to be checked, I definitely will check them.

Combat Logs
I do not have any logs, simply because of the fact that I didn't think I would want to get serious into raiding. I have no experience with logging my data/fights. I will however look into it and send a log as soon as possible!

Your UI
http://imgur.com/fCOEmse Just shows my target, target of target, focus target and recount. DBM would be under the minimp with important timers in the middle.

Guild History
I have not been in any serious guilds. I raided with a guild back in Highmaul called Steamrollers Inc. We got 6/7nm and 3/7HC but then one day 2 of the officers left for a better guild, and then the whole guild just evaporated.

Raid availability
I can make all of the raid times with no problem at all.

References
I read about you guys from the Defias Brotherhood forums. No, all the players that I knew who raided with me back in highmaul have quit.

About you
Well I'm a very easy-going and down to earth person. I tend to make friends from people who are in my dungeon group. I don't want to write a long essay about myself, so I'll just keep it short. I've been told I'm a fun person to be around, and I don't like to take that for granted. I have my limits just like everyone else, but most importantly I like to enjoy life the way its supposed to be enjoyed.

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven
Character name: Pándoras

Re: [RG2] Fitgypsy, Level 100 Marksmanship Hunter

Post by Yogá » 11 Sep 2015, 18:40

Hi there!
Just a friendly reminder, that the UI screenshot would be a lot more useful if we saw it in combat!

Good luck with your application!

-Yogá, Shaman extraordinaire and general scrublord.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 11 Sep 2015, 19:13

Hello Fitgypsy,

thanks for the application, I will show it to the longlegs and get back to you.

In the meantime, I just want to add that our guild requires its members to follow Blizzard's policy including the character naming policy for RP-realms (which can be found here https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... m-policies).
I can hardly imagine an NPC called Fitgypsy, that would be weird, wouldn't it? If it's not okay for an NPC, then probably it's not okay for player character. Since we share the same world (of warcraft).

Gilron
Raven

Post by Gilron » 12 Sep 2015, 10:14

I talked to Aceous about the name. Im going to submit a ticket, i just dont want to change the name now since i used it to apply and that will just cause confusion.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 14 Sep 2015, 09:39

Good news! The longlegs approved your application to the guild! Except for the name.

About your RG2 membership, you should contact Aceous (or I can try to lure him here). We are going to HFC today so maybe he would like to join us to try each other out.

Gilron
Raven

Post by Gilron » 14 Sep 2015, 11:07

Awesome! I just submit a ticket for the name. For HFC I did the first 4 bosses before I applied to the guild, so I'm saved up until Kilrogg.

Aceous
Raven
Character name: Aceous

Post by Aceous » 14 Sep 2015, 15:55

Great! Because we're at Gorefiend. See you tonight!

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 14 Sep 2015, 22:09

<recruited>