Oghamgoths
Hatchling
Character name: Oghamgoths

Social/Raider Application

Post by Oghamgoths » 06 Sep 2015, 19:03

Who is your character?

Leanardo, Mage, Dwarf.

Who are you?

Thomas J Hogg, 30 (pushing 31 soon) and from Dorset, England, at the moment. Have travelled and lived in many places.

Activity

Tough question. Everything to do with it is the simplest answer. Originally back in 2004 it was something new and daring. Now I find it's all about the social side of it, the people, the raids, the pvp, how gear looks, the completion of achi, et al.

Guild history

Lets see. Defias Brotherhood (Mother Server): Was part of Raven Council around January 2006 as Sefanina and Alditha (latter no longer active), was a part of Inner Circle, Outer Circle, Inner Sanctum, Servo Decus, Circle of Justice, The Dorset Islander's on Alliance side.

The Heebeejeebies, Galactic Event, We Eat Cows, Elves Smell, Oxhorn, The Force and (currently) The Frostwolves on the Horde side. Recently left the RiffRaff Clan guild as Leanardo due to too many inactive members for raiding and pvp events.

Have a number of inactive alts on Argent Dawn and Bronze Dragonflight servers.

References

Known about Raven Council from the very start and is now the oldest and most credited guild on the Alliance side of Defias. Given that this was around early 2005 should say as much, although the rank forums for guilds place it high among the lists as one of the most re-knowned guilds. Can't reference anyone I know anymore on Defias, my friends list on Sefanina have gone cold a long time ago.

About you

Started playing WoW around September 2004, previously played the Warcraft games. Been addicted ever since. Still play X-Com 1990's series, Dungeon Keeper, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc. Manager for a Warehouse, married with two kids, a Freemason in my spare time (which isn't much these days) and a volunteer festival organiser. Proudly maintain the Dorset Seafood Festival, highly recommend it to anyone coming 11th & 12th July 2016.

Gnomes
I believe Gnomes to be the kin to Dwarves and ergo distant, if prettier, cousins to the Goblins.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Re: Social/Raider Application

Post by Jimmble » 06 Sep 2015, 21:18

Thank you for the application, please give us some time to review it.

Oghamgoths
Hatchling

Post by Oghamgoths » 06 Sep 2015, 23:38

Ok, thank you for your time. Additionally I have an old alt from Four Kings Guild as well called Iamar (means Moon in Arabic). Forgot to add her in :) Away on business to Yeovil tomorrow and most likely be able to respond to any future comments by Sunday.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 07 Sep 2015, 10:14

Heya, just out of curiosity, where can one find this 'rank forums for guilds'?

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 09 Sep 2015, 08:33

Your application has been accepted. Please poke an officer for guild invite.

Oghamgoths
Hatchling

Post by Oghamgoths » 10 Sep 2015, 23:26

The rank forum for guilds is a closed group associated with Blizzard and WoWhead. It was established 2006-07, possibly around the time the Achi system came out. Although, admittedly I have forgotten when the Achi system came out and didn't list it in my journals. It's design was to rank and nominate the best guilds in a top ten category per server before the servers were merged. It's now obsolete ofc, with the server mergers, and its secondary function was to consider enhanced realm/guild first achi's. That never happened. Instead a guild achi system was put in place and realm/character firsts left as they are. The previous original forum, under a separate Blizzard group, was designed to nominate the best characters in a top ten list per server and for the GM's to monitor troublesome accounts as a secondary function.

Apologies, I can't go into any greater detail than the overview. If anyone's ever done Beta or Alpha testing you will be aware of certain contracted restraints you have to adhere to.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 10 Sep 2015, 23:45

<recruited>

Oghamgoths
Hatchling

Post by Oghamgoths » 12 Sep 2015, 18:12

Thank you Jimm; see you and the guys on the battlefield.