imbajimba - hunter app

A safe place for closed application.
imbajimba
Raven
Character name:

imbajimba - hunter app

Post by imbajimba » 26 Jan 2015, 23:28

Who is your character?
Imbajimba - hunter - survival/marksmanship - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... mba/simple

Who are you?
My name is Martin, I'm 18 and I live in Denmark. I study at a place close to home and play video games pretty much whenever else except on fridays/saturdays where I usually go socialize

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
Raid group 1 for sure, If need be, I can do a trial in raid group 2 to "prove myself" capable of raid group 1.
Experience
Classic World of Warcraft:
Didn't raid, was 8 years old.
The Burning Crusade:
Kara, don't remember how much i cleared as it's a very long time ago.
Wrath of the Lich King:
Cataclysm:
Cleared some of the first raid tiers, i think it was BWL, nothing too serious though yet though.
Mists of Pandaria: I think i cleared some of the first content on my rogue, nothing to impress anyone though.
Warlords of Draenor:
I'm relatively new to raiding, although i've been playing wow since vanilla when i was 8 (before even being able to talk english) I've focused on pvp previous expansions but I've switched my focus to PVE'ing in WoD.
In WoD i killed 7/7hc december 7th (#2 guild on sylvanas, #70 or something in world i think it was) with the guild iPuG, proof can be seen on wowprogress profile if you hover over my imp hc kill it shows date.
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu ... /Imbajimba
I know i'm new to raiding and the missing past experience might be scary, but i'm very comfortable in a raid enviroment, if you want, I'm sure my old guild members and GM could vouch for me if you want to whisper them.

Raid Role
[Describe your current role in a raid team, how you prepare for it and how you judge your own performance. Where do you learn new things and keep yourself updated on your class?]
Raid role as a hunter is actually the most interesting one in my opinion, hunters are very versatile and because of that we're usually put on the "special" mechanics (charging kargath, stacks on butcher, flamethrower on bracken etc. etc.) which I find really fullfilling to do and master :)
In terms of preparation I make sure i eat about ½ hour before the raid starts, bring a drink to my PC and make sure all my addons/UI are working and i have pots rdy etc. etc.
To keep myself updated i mainly use 4 methods:
First is warcraftlogs, I like to look at the top hunters logs and compare rotation, cooldown management and all the other jazz in there.
Secondly i watch alot of twitch (specifically I like watching twitch.tv/Devahi who's main hunter in Paragon, it's great for asking question in chat etc.)
I also very often check reddit.com/r/wow and mmo-champion.com for any updates.

Your Spec
For hunters, survival and MM are fairly close in terms of dps so there's actually possibility of variation
Standard build:
Survival;
Post Haste
Binding Shot
Iron Hawk
Thrill of the hunt
Crows
Barrage
Focusing Shot
Kargath: Standard build (For mythic version, lone wolf might be better than focusing shot cuz of heavy movement)
Butcher: Standard build, with glavies instead of barrage
Bracken: Marksman (same talents as surv, except wolf instead of focusing shot)
Tectus: Standard build (kinda sucks if you get unlucky with crystalline barrages, but i still think focusing shot is superior to lone wolf on this fight)
Orgrons: Standard build, MM also good here.
Koragh: Survival if group needs magic dmg, MM if they need phys
Imp: Survival, Lone wolf most likely on this one because of heavy movement which doesn't go well with focusing shot if you're handling brands, if not focusing shot is probably best.
For surv, stat/rotation is:
Multistrike>Versatility>rest of them are very close
Fight starts:
Arcane shot (for serpent sting)
Black Arrow
Explosive shot
Crows
Focusing shot
Explosive shot
Barrage

From here the single target rotation rotation is pretty much just keeping serpent sting up on everything>keeping black arrow up>explosive shots>crows from here you use explosive trap when off CD, and then focusing shot/ arcane shot when no CD's are ready (same priority as opener)
For aoe, you priotitize barrage as 2nd, right after getting serpent sting on everything, and explosive trap thereafter.
For MM:
Crit (up to 43%) and multi are pretty much equal, > versatility >mastery n haste
Start of fight:
Prepot about 3 sec before pull
Aimed shot (will go off when he's pulled)
Crows and rapid fire (i do this before chimaera in opener, because it gives time for an auto attack before my chimarea which procs all my buffs (scales of doom, weapon ench etc.) giving chimaera more dmg)
Chimaera
Aimed shots if toth is up, barrage if it's not

Rotation is very simple: Chimaera shot > kill shot if possible > crows > aimed shot (with toth) > barrage > aimed shot without toth, and steady shot whenever u need focus or when u know big dmg phase is coming up.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
[How comfortable are you switching to your off-spec for a fight/raid if needed?
I'm very comfortable with both MM and survival, play them both very well and know my way around the specs.
For important alts i have a DK (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... enn/simple)
Which I'm still trying to perfect in terms of rotation and knowledge etc. (Gear is low, since I've only gotten in 1 week of raiding)

Communication
Any communication will not be a problem, I'm vocal and not afraid to talk (or listen) have all the programs (skype,mumble,TS,vent,raidcall you name it) and a working headset with mic, and backup headset incase it breaks.

Combat Logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/95076
Logs from the 12th and 14th should be somewhat accurate, though keep in mind it's 2 weeks ago so I've gotten alot more gear in that timeframe, and therefore expect like a 2-3k dps increase on everything. I was doing brackenspore mythic on monday the 26th, i uploaded one try from that fight aswell just for some more recent data. (was handling flamethrower on that fight, I think we wiped at like 40% ish)

Your UI
http://imgur.com/lgYedh5 In edit mode
http://i.imgur.com/JCmoINU.jpg Not in edit mode
The big icons are icons i have made using the addon Tellmewhen, The ones that show in the edit mode are buffs or reactive abilities like kill shot, which are only visible when usable or when buffed with them. So kill shot only shows when target is below 30%, buffs only show when they proc etc. etc. which is why there are less icons in the "not edit" mode.
The other stuff like chimera shot are just basic abilities to show me the CD and help me optimize rotation.
There's also dmg/heal meter and DBM and all the other basic raiding stuff.
There's also a focus bar above my HP bar (it becomes more visible once i enter combat) which lets me easier see how much focus i have and how to spent it most wisely.
I also use /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4 whenever i play which allows me to zoom more out than usually to give me better overview (It's awesome being zoomed out alot as a hunter)
Also have a nameplate addon to help out with managing DoTs on adds and such. and a addon for a cast bar and other stuff like that.

Guild History
So yeah, I killed hc imp #68 in the world or something along those lines, so you may wonder why I'd leave such a guild. On december 14th (right before mythic was released) I went on a 3 week vacation, (this is also why my ilvl is only 669) and so they filled up their 20/20 roster for mythic while i was gone.
Also there's i think 7 hunters in the guild, and they have main raid on friday where i like to drink and have fun (other fun than wow)
And my IRL friends play on defias brotherhood aswell. Me and iPuG are still on good terms, we both understood the situation, they were a hardcore guild, and though i very much fitted into the atmosphere (which i proved on the hc imp kill, where we started with 30 people and killed it with 15 (the best 15) (kill screenshot http://imgur.com/xa5k1AO)) I simply didn't have the gear to join them for mythic, and they already had a team going strong.
Raid availability
Yes, raid availability will not be something to worry about with me, I'm a very dedicated gamer, i wouldn't want to join a guild if i knew I would be absent from raids, they're the reason i wish to join.

References
Wowprogress.com, and no I have no vouchers inside your guild.

About you
I'm 18, i live in Denmark and study at a school closeby, other than that i play wow all day and go out with friends on weekends. I'm a very dedicated gamer and I've played games all my life pretty much on a competitive and high level. Before WoD i played Hearthstone where i peaked at rank 32 in europe (http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blo ... 06-01-2014)
This is a good example of how i handle games, i very much enjoy playing at a top level, I do not play games casually. This I also hope makes up for the missing experience in past wow expansions, Hearthstone is a requiring game in terms of intellegence, the ranking should hopefully prove I'm not a total retard :)

Miscellaneous
You should choose me over other hunters because I'm better (it know it sounds cocky), I'm confident i can outperform or do as well as anyone as long as they have same mechanics (not putting one of us on bitch duty (soaking on on koragh/flamethrowing on bracken etc.) and same gear as I do (Gear won't be problem once I'm fully geared up ofc).
I know i sound like an asshole saying that, but I have to sell myself somehow :p
I hope you'd atleast consider me worthy of a trial position, in which I'd be able to prove myself good enough to potentially raid with your main teams for the rest of the xpac and hopefully more to come, been playing every xpac so far and will continue to do so, I think if you were to accept me into your guild, it would prove beneficial to both parts :)
If you want to contact me in-game for any reason, btag is imbajimba#2637. If you want to interview me "face to face" (not rly) just gimme a TS server or something and I'll hop on there and we can talk :)

Ledor
(Leedor)
Dark Raven
Character name: Leedor

Re: imbajimba - hunter app

Post by Ledor » 27 Jan 2015, 01:41

Hello Imbajimba.

Thank you for your application and the nice chat we had earlier today. Please give us some time to review your application.

/Leedor
Leedor - Ledor - Lerow - Ulleva
AFK: Attack, fight, kill! Healer is bored with spamming hots.
WTF: Way to fight! Healer loves you for pulling three trash packs.
OOM: Out Of Mobs! Healer needs a challenge.

Celindra
Raven
Character name: Celindra

Post by Celindra » 30 Jan 2015, 01:26

Very good showing today in my opinion! Nice dps (compared to your gear), good survivability and overall preparation. Thumbs upperino from me, if that matters at all.

imbajimba
Raven
Character name:

Post by imbajimba » 30 Jan 2015, 11:54

Was actually pretty poor performance by me in my own opinion,
I forgot to turn off growl from my pet's action bar on butcher (Basicly made my pet die in the first 5 seconds of the fight) which dropped my dps about 2-3k,
On brackenspore i don't know what happened, dealt 10k dps less than what i usually do (logs can "prove" this)
And on Tectus even though it was my first try, still shouldn't have died, was unsure about the dmg of the dust, (if it would one shot or not)
I'm glad you liked my performance, but it was below my own expectations by a long shot :p
Can't use my missing gear as an excuse for messing up ^^

imbajimba
Raven
Character name:

Post by imbajimba » 02 Feb 2015, 19:23

btw, incase you're intrested in that sort of thing, my previous GM of friends guild (Malefice) would be happy to vouch for me, I left Malefice on very good terms, the guys are awesome but we both kinda knew i wanted something more hardcore :) His ingame name is Zerethor (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... hor/simple)

My exex GM and raid leader in iPuG also said he'd be happy to vouch for me when I decided to migrate server, although it's been awhile. He's on sylvanas and his main is called Loóz (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... B3z/simple) He has alot of alts, so if he's not online, you can ask one of the officers for him, I'm sure (They'll probably remember the name Imbajimba if you ask 'em aswell ;))

Beastaly
Ancient
Character name: Beastaly
WoW character race: Blood Elf
WoW character class: Death Knight

Post by Beastaly » 02 Feb 2015, 22:33

We've almost reached a dession about your application, please stay tuned while we finalize a few things :)

Should recieve a propper answer in the new 2-3 days.

//Beast

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 02 Feb 2015, 22:53

There can be only one ImbaJimmble!

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 03 Feb 2015, 14:31

Hey Imba,

Lets get this stuff moving! Had trouble catching you online, so add my btag: Banth#1555 :)
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 03 Feb 2015, 17:30

<Recruited>
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai