[Raider] Windwalker monk, Tumble

A safe place for closed application.
tumble

[Raider] Windwalker monk, Tumble

Post by tumble » 28 Oct 2014, 18:14

Who is your character?
Tumble, monk, windwalker (primary) brewmaster (Secondary) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... ble/simple

Who are you?
Rob, 28, UK/Belgium

Experience
In reverse chronological order,
5/14 heroic SoO (realm died , guild died, passion dwindled)
8/13 heroic ToT

Raid role
I was excellent in a dps role. When my gear was at a competitive level, I was at the top. I have the actual doing of DPS down to muscle memory and can think about squeezing out more based on the nature of the fight. I'm a risk taker at times which pays off when i'm smart about it. As a tank, I was not good enough for heroic /mythic raiding. I wasn't motivated enough and it just didn't come as naturally as punching/kicking the big bads from behind. Beyond just looking at recount figures, I enjoyed having additional roles and responsibilities within a fights encounter.

Talent choices
I'm afraid I cannot answer this to the bosses specifically given as I was not an active and dedicated raider for these encounters. If I may demonstrate insight based on the encounters I did face; I would take then bear with me a moment. At tier 1 I take celerity 95% of the time. I would drop it in favour of celerity when combining this with chi torpedo. I would do this when intense raid healing was needed, such as on Mageara during rampage. In such a situation I would take chi burst instead of chi wave for the same reason. Chi burst has also been more usefull on Galakras because of the sheer amount of mobs coming in phase 1 (for added aoe). Normally, chi wave and Xuen are the standard choices.
I take charging ox wave on galakras too, so I can stun the mobs that break off to beat the alliance heroes in the face without having to run over there.. just a tilt of the camera and a good aim and a target switch is enough, no need to be inefficient in anything! I often use diffuse magic. It's a huge magic shield against a great number of effects. I also use it quite cheekily to "stand in the fire" longer than others and keep doing damage. I know this sounds like sacrilege, but with a 90% damage reduction and enough tools in the monks skillset to self-heal, it's not a big deal.
Dampen harm is often more usefull though at mythic level for survivability's sake.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I have swapped specs several times a week in the past when it was so difficult for my guild to fill all the spots in a raid (a thing of the past since the merger of realms). I can fill the role well enough. I have a shaman who I like to play as elemental who I raided with at t14. Not a class I would main though.

Communication
I am an experienced communicator in a raid setting. I love it

Combat Logs
My dps is very, very close to the predicted realistic DPS given on Noxxic, for my gear level. I have zilch evidence to support this, other than a 2 second video of LFR garrosh...

Your UI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKcycNvFr0

Guild History
I've played since Vanilla (with breaks). I've been in soemthing between 3 and 5 real guilds. Some of them just had a lifespan of several months only before merging to become something else. This was quite normal for people playing on low population RP realms such as sporeggar and ravenholdt. I've tried my hand at being a guild master a couple of times, with good success but again this lasted not more than a year, because it's kind of like a fulltime job. I was in a guild called Phoenix, Nether guard, Legion V and Redrum. Not bad for someone who has about 2 years /played!

Raid availability
I can, I can

References
Wowprogress is how I heard. I do not know anyone

About you
I'm 6'1, 90kg, brown hair blue eyes. Celtic features. Bilingual under achiever just going through life enjoying games, fantasy literature and board gaming, lifting heavy things and putting them down again at the gym, dating, drinking, eating, working, swinging parties.

Miscellaneous
Not as such. I really would like to be given a chance. My merit is much more than I can put in such a form. I'm really proud of what i've achieved in WoW and have the utmost confidence in my abilities with my chosen class and as a potential member to a raid team and guild community.

Beastaly
Ancient
Character name: Beastaly
WoW character race: Blood Elf
WoW character class: Death Knight

Re: [Raider] Windwalker monk, Tumble

Post by Beastaly » 28 Oct 2014, 18:38

Hello Tumble!
Thanks for you application, please give us some time to review it.

Since we have two raiding teams I'm curoius to which one you're applying.

Kind regards,
Beast

Post by Guest » 29 Oct 2014, 00:07

I don't mind

Post by Guest » 29 Oct 2014, 00:18

I used to play full time on Sporeggar back when I was a young whipper snapper. Out of interest who did you play for and about what patch?

Cheers.

Beastaly
Ancient

Post by Beastaly » 29 Oct 2014, 00:49

We currently don't have a spot in RG1 for you. I'll send somebody responsable for RG2 to have a look at your application :)

Post by Guest » 29 Oct 2014, 11:16

I played on sporeggar during TBC, when it opened. The guild was called sons of nozdormu and then firefly. This was 5 years ago roughly.

On the topic of the second raid group, is there some more information available about it on your website or otherwise?

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 29 Oct 2014, 11:32

Check out this thread on the realm forums and/or poke Yoga in-game.

Tumble

Post by Tumble » 10 Nov 2014, 21:36

Hello! After a chat with Yoga, I know that I couldn't commit to those raid times. (Fridays). I am still interested in trial for team 1

Beastaly
Ancient

Post by Beastaly » 10 Nov 2014, 22:38

The statement which was previously made about RG1 still stands. We currently don't have a spot available for you. Once WoD hits and we're getting close to finalizing a roster you can try to get in contact with our officers again to see if the tides have turned.

For now we can only offer a social member rank if you'd like to join anyways.

Kind regards,
Beastaly.