[Raider App] Devastation Evoker

Post by Thraxxus » 13 Jun 2023, 00:26

Who is your character?

Thraxxus
Devastation Evoker
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... d/thraxxus
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... d/Thraxxus

Who are you?

I'm Stefan, 33 years old, and I live in the UK.

Experience

Current experience 9/9 HC. Recently came back to the game (a few weeks before 10.1 hit), but previously played throughout TBC, WOTLK, and a bit of Legion. Raided Naxx, Ulduar, ICC, and Emerald Nightmare all when they were current content.

Raid Role

I've played all roles during my time in WoW, but at the moment I'm maining dps. I regularly read my class discord to keep up to date with shifts and changes to the state of dev evoker, along with consulting subcreation.net to keep an eye on top builds, meta shifts, and gear options. I sim my character most days while I theorycraft alternative gear setups/gemming etc.

Your Spec

I'm currently ilvl 440. Gearing wise, having reached the 5400 mastery soft cap for devastation, I've pivoted to stacking crit and haste. Initially after hitting mastery cap I was stacking crit to take good advantage of Spellweaver's Dominance, but now that I have enough to hit 26% (with buzzing rune), I have now moved to prioritising haste (while remaining around 25/26 crit) as the two are pretty much equal on sims. While I could continue to stack crit for very (very!) minor dps increases according to sims, the practicality of haste wins out for me now that the two are so close in sim value.

Off-specs and Alternative characters

I currently have no offspec and no other raid-ready characters. However, I am considering trying to preservation as I have enjoyed healing in the past (but fully intend to stay mainspec dps).

Communication

I use discord and can always listen on comms. I can't always speak on mic as I am often in the same room as my partner (while she's watching TV), however in moments of necessity I can always shout something out.

Combat Logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... d/thraxxus

Your UI

My UI is quite standard while also being stripped back. I use Details for dps tracking, DBM for alerts, Bartender for action bars, TellMeWhen for cooldown tracking, and the odd WeakAura for random bits and bobs.

Guild History

During WoTLK I led a raid guild through Naxx, Ulduar and ICC (Twilight Dawn). However due to IRL commitments I stopped playing WoW and handed the guild to the officers. I am currently in Phoenix Tears, and enjoy the guild very much, particularly the fantastic people I've met there. However, my pace and progress is not currently lining up with theirs, and I am wanting to push a bit further.

Raid availability

Most weeks I am available on the stated raid days.

References

Chatted to Vaelyn in game! If you need a reference, please contact Thalesseia-Ravenholdt who is in my current guild and M+ team.

About you

I'm big into Lord of the Rings, Techno, Drum and Bass, and Warhammer 40k.

Thraxxus

Re: [Raider App] Devastation Evoker

Post by Thraxxus » 13 Jun 2023, 00:54

Sherelia
Dark Raven
Character name: Sherelia

Post by Sherelia » 13 Jun 2023, 16:19

Hello Thraxxus!
Thank you for your application, we will get back to you as soon as possible!

-Sherelia

Sherelia
Dark Raven

Post by Sherelia » 15 Jun 2023, 19:55

Hello Thraxxus, i've been trying to contact you ingame the past days with no luck. Do you have a discord I can send you a dm on?

Sherelia
Dark Raven

Post by Sherelia » 27 Jun 2023, 11:55

Hello Thraxxus,

Unfortunately I have not heard anything from you so I presume you are no longer interested.
Your raid application is declined.

-Sherelia, Raid Group Raven Management