[Social] Kreach, lvl X Death Knight

A safe place for closed application.
Kreach
Dark Raven
Character name: Kreach

[Social] Kreach, lvl X Death Knight

Post by Kreach » 16 Nov 2020, 16:04

Who is your character?

Well I'm applying with my Kul Tiran Male Death Knight Kreach who is currently level 30 but with the new leveling and soon to drop Shadowlands this level is changing quickly and the plan is to be 50 before the expansion hits.
Kinda wanted to apply once i hit the 50 mark but some guildies told me to just go and apply for the guild so here i am :)

Who are you?

I'm Matthijs, or as my friends call me Biezt (pronounced as Beast), a 37 year male from the Netherlands.

Guild history

I've been playing WoW since the first day of release on the PvP server Magtheridon which was awfully devoid of any horde players (90% / 10%) so rolled into raiding quite quickly as a Holy Priest in a guild which I stayed with for the rest of the expansion. We were quite good at it tbh and got to a quite competitive level of raiding and were 4th of our server with the C'thun kill. Which was quite good as number 1 and 2 of our server where Nihilum and Showtime and those were the 1st and 4th kill worldwide ever. Though tbh I don't think our kill was even on the worldwide leaderboards anymore. Still something i feel kinda proud over though as it really was something we put a lot of effort into.
So once TBC hit i decided this might be a good time to scale down a bit on my efforts as Real Life was becoming more of something that needed atttention. As some of my friends decided to go play on the Moonglade RP server this sounded like the best option for me and I transfered my priest over there and meet some very nice Danish people who had a small guild called Secrets. I joined it and soon we got a lot of my friends coming in also and a raidgroup started to form very quickly. As this guild had plenty of healers I decided to respec my Priest to Shadow as mainspec and we had some casual success and mostly of lots of fun clearing content at our own pace.

This stayed all the way up till WOTLK in which we kept the guild going and I even started to do some raidleading as things like jobs, babies and other distractions were slowely pulling away our members away from Azeroth.
Somewhere in the end of WOTLK this got to such a big level we had to decide that our beloved Secrets was not a place for raiding anymore. So we gave all our raider the option to merge with this other semi-complete group of raiders from befriended guild. Eventually I decided to stick around also and somewhere during the end / beginning of the next expansion I lost interest and since have returned a few times only to slowely lose my interest again.
Looking at my log I even spot a Feat of Strength (Ahead of the Curve) from a first raid in an expansion on a balance druid but unfortunately this guild disbanded soon after.
At this moment i'm still a social in Kingdom (Magtheridon) on my Warlock since BFA release but the class is not really good for soloing and I know hardly anybody there. So i decided to reroll as this awesome big human with a beerbelly Death Knight on Defias Brotherhood and hope you will allow me in your ranks in order to be a part of that great guild experience that makes or breaks the game imho.

Activity
Ehmmm... at the moment of this application it's the winter of 2020 and we are currently in a pandemic so ehmmm.... activity outside of the house are discouraged and so i thought it was time to break this winter of solitude by playing WoW again. Also since Vaelyn slowly started to temp a lot of our / her friends back or into WoW I've restarted playing on Defias Brotherhood as this awesome giant of DK the plan is to enjoy the next expansion by doing solo oldschool content and maybe some dungeons with friends and whatever else comes my way to do. Basically i'm up for a lot of things so if there is something like a BG group going or an alt raid etc you might just get a nice question if i'm allowed to join in for the fun.
Who knows where this road exactly will take me right? All i know is the Raven Council seems to be that place full of nice people where I can enjoy Shadowlands the way it's supposed to be enjoyed.
Oh and I plan to level at least one alt character this expansion. A Priest to show off my beautiful Benediction Transmog and because I also would love to heal some instances / raids or do some ranged Shadow DPS.

References

I'm a Real Life friend of Vaelyn and have known her for ages so 2 weeks ago I suddenly got asked if i wanted to join a game of Among Us with lots of her WoW guildies. And somehow i even rejoined your semi-guild game last saturday to play some more games with some of you. Both times you sounded like a very nice group of friendly (BUT VERY SUS!!!1) people.
And as I told them I started with that free to play weekend of WoW the sunday after the first game of Among Us and was waiting to get my Death Knight to 50 before applying. So they told me to just go and do apply and hopefully get to know you a bit before hitting that 50 mark and the expansion going live. So here i am.

About you

Well first of all i'm not good at narrowing down big questions to small answers. So thanks for dropping this big question on me. But i'll try to keep it a modest length...

The person Matthijs itself is a kinda nerdy, but I guess still socially enjoyable, guy living in the Netherlands during this weird year of 2020. I'm quite into Fantasy since my early childhood and played a lot of Magic the Gathering, read ton of books and still am playing some DnD with friends. And ofcourse I play video games, lots of video games especially this year, and will not shy away from a good RPG.
Currently I'm really looking forward to all the content and lore coming with the Shadowlands expansion and I hope this will be the one thing that will keep me going this incoming winter of coronavirus social distancing. While still trying to have some forms of communication with my other Real Life friends. And hopefully this will be that kind of expansion that keeps me interested long after this dreadful year. Especially with that great guild experience I feel the Raven Counil is to it's members. I'm starting to sound like a Raven Council fanboy here huh?

In WoW im that person that thinks you should always be helping to make things happen. So say yes to things and be that nice attitude you hope others will have. And get to do some guild things in order to know people and try to include guildmembers to things you are doing.
Now I dont have any real intention of raiding hardcore I wouldn't shy away from an opportunity to go do some raiding with some alts or even a 2nd tier guildraid group in need of that one slot to be filled. Same goes for a BG or achievement thing. I'm there for the guild experience and if possible might even make some small events like getting an oldschool achievement if the opportunity comes up. Standing in fire doesn't hurt this expansion anymore right?

Guess i will just keep it to this as this is the point this will turn into a complete autobiography. If there is anything else you want to know or you want a friendly chat to find out more feel free to talk to me.

Gnomes

You notice it also? Must sus race in all of Azeroth! I mean with the new allied race they start to look more and more as T-800 Terminators and personally i think it's not a coincidence Chromie the time-travelling dragon prefers to take their shape. Something weird is up with these small fellows i tell ya!

Vaelyn
Dark Raven
Character name: Vaelyn

Re: [Social] Kreach, lvl X Death Knight

Post by Vaelyn » 16 Nov 2020, 16:11

Vouch. RL friend of mine. He's good people.
Twitch.tv/Vaelyn

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 16 Nov 2020, 16:22

Thanks for your application. Please, give us some time to review it.

Jingles
Councillor
Character name: Jingles

Post by Jingles » 16 Nov 2020, 17:13

Nice to see you apply Biezt!
I'm not Sus, you are :D!

Zephilie
Dark Raven
Character name: Zephilie

Post by Zephilie » 16 Nov 2020, 20:47

Your app has been accepted please poke officer for invite.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 18 Nov 2020, 10:25

<recruited>