Post by Thepall » 21 Dec 2019, 18:12

Name: Thepall
Class: Paladin
Spec: Holy

Note: I am a Glimmer Holy Paladin.

WoWProgress: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... od/Thepall
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... od/thepall

Who are you?

Hi, my name is Harri and I am 24 years old residing from Britain.

Experience

I have played since WOTLK and I was a casual raider up until WoD, during WoD I joined a guild called Nova on EU-Frostmane to start mythic raiding. We cleared all content during that expansion on my furry warrior which was intense.

I then moved from Frostmane over to Defias brotherhood at the start of legion, I created a Havoc Demon Hunter called “Caradawg” and joined my friend’s guild called Remembrance. We cleared most of the content in legion, but we did not get cutting edge in any of the tiers. Tomb of Sargeras broke us and the guild disbanded at 6/9 Mythic bosses.

I was then picked up by a guild called Sanity, I joined their second team and cleared Antorus to 9/11 Mythic bosses. It was decided half way through Antorus that Sanity would migrate to Horde on EU-Twisting Nether, I followed them over and I hated playing horde so I started to lose interest. The guild turned extremely hardcore, raiding every day to get server first. This burnt me out and I stopped raiding all together and went to being more of a casual/social member and took a decent break to from the game until BFA was released.

At the start of BFA Sanity disbanded, and I returned to the alliance on defias to create a fresh Holy Paladin called “Thepall”. I have been playing this character since the start of BFA mostly doing Mythic + and PVP with my friends and doing some raiding here and there. I’ve really started to enjoy playing the game for fun whilst playing with my friends and like minded people and I would like to get back into raiding, but not hardcore mythic raiding.

Raid Role

My role would be a Healer.

I am a part of the Holy Pally discord that does a lot theory crafting for WoWhead and icyveins, this is where I get a lot of my knowledge on how to play paladin etc. I keep private logs of my Mythic + runs to try and find out where I can improve and I run SiMS on my gear to decide what’s the best gear for me to wear.

Your Spec

Azerite Necklace: 68 – All minor slots unlocked
Spec: Glimmer Holy Paladin.

Glimmer pally uses the azerite trait “Glimmer of Light”, for the build to be viable you need 3+ glimmers, one from each of your Head, shoulders, and Chest. At this current time, I have BiS azerite traits with all 3 glimmers and breaking dawn. The glimmer build revolves around casting holy shock on your target and your allies to leave be a buff/debuff called “glimmer of light” on them. What this does is when you cast holy shock again every target with glimmer on them will either get healed or damaged. This is dependent on whether the target is friendly or hostile.

To supplement the azerite traits, we select the following talents to get the most out of our glimmers.
  • Crusader's Might

With each Crusaders Strike we reduce the cool down of our holy shock by 1.5 seconds. This allows us to increase the amount of holy shocks we cast thus increasing the amount of glimmers we leave on players and targets.
  • Rule of Law

Increase the range of our heals and the reach of our mastery by 50%. this can powerfully when healing ranged players and applying glimmers on them, this talent also increases the effectiveness of our aura mastery
  • Fist of Justice

Reduces the cool down of our single target stun (Hammer of justice) by 10s every time we cast Judgement. This is really strong for keeping our cc up and making it relevant
  • Devotion Aura

Flat damage reduction aura that decreases with amount of players within it, when the aura is activated (Aura Mastery) all allies within the aura gain 20% damage reduction, this also works with our previous selected talent Rule of Law and extends the radius of our aura during aura mastery by 50%
  • Holy Avenger

Good stat buff of 30% to our haste and also increases healing of holy shock by 30%. Really good synergy with the glimmer build and increases our overall healing
  • Sanctified Wrath

Avenging Wrath (wings) duration is increased by 25% and also reduces the cool down of holy shock by 50%. This effectively turns glimmer paladins into absolute monsters, this allows us to effectively have holy shock on a 0s cool down. This is achieved via our first talent which reduces holy shock by 1.5s after each crusader strike i.e cast holy shock then crusader strike and holy shock is off cool down
  • Divine Purpose

Gives holy shock 20% chance to not trigger its cool down. Really good synergy with the rest of our talent choices and the glimmer build

For Stats we want plenty of haste to lower our cool downs and get plenty of glimmers on players/targets and we want mastery to increase the effectiveness of our heals. So our Stat Priority is:

Haste>Mastery>Crit=Vers>Intellect

Crit and Vers lose value when using glimmer as the healing from our glimmers can't critically heal, and versatility is a lesser form of our mastery.

At this moment I'm 434 ilvl, so some of my current gear is a little bit off but that's mostly due to me just trying to get higher ilvl gear at the moment.

For Azerite Essences, these are dependant on the content your clearing as mythic + affixes will change what essence you pick. Though at the moment I'm running
  • Visions of Perfection
  • Conflict and Strife
  • The Crucible of Flame

Off-specs and Alternative characters

I can play Ret and Prot pally if needs, I tend to play prot pally with some friends just so we can get faster queue times. I currently have an alt Fury Warrior called "Mcswordie" on Defias, I mostly just play him due to my roots in playing warrior for countless years. Just a bit of fun, but I do intend to gear him up and start clearing some content with him. I'll add my old Demon Hunter here as well, I do play him sometimes but I not as much as the warrior.

Armory Warrior: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /mcswordie
Armory DH: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... r/caradawg

Communication

I use discord daily and talk to my friends via micro phone. I'm fine with talking tactics if needs and what not.

I've added Moriarty on B-Tag, so if you need it just ask him or message me. I don;t like posting it publicly.

Combat Logs

All of my old logs are gone from WoD and Legion, and my private ones are for Mythic + so I can't offer much for raiding logs.

Your UI

Clean simple and easy, you don;t need a complex UI.

Guild History

I already explained a lot already so I'll just provide a list. If you need anymore information then please let me know.
  • Nova - Frostmane
  • Reunion - Frostmane
  • Remembrance - Defias Brotherhood
  • Sanity - Defias Brotherhood
  • Team Two - Defias Brotherhood
  • Instability - Twisting Nether
Raid availability

Yes, I'm pretty flexible with timing. Though if I have a work trip then i can't play as my job does come first.

References

Sertyh - Dunno if you know the name or not, but when i used to play with he spoke highly of you. I haven't spoken to him in ages, but I think he's left defias and moved to silvermoon.

About you

Pretty chill and easy going, don't mind a bit of banter. Mostly just looking to play the game for fun these days.

Miscellaneous

This is a really long post, sorry about that. I had some free time to burn :P

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Re: Raider Application - Thepall

Post by Fahranya » 21 Dec 2019, 18:48

Thank you for your application. Please give us some time to review it.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Re: Raider Application - Thepall

Post by Fahranya » 23 Dec 2019, 22:08

Accepted for trial.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble