[raider] Yogá/Pándoras - Priest (of any kind)

A safe place for closed application.
Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven
Character name: Pándoras

[raider] Yogá/Pándoras - Priest (of any kind)

Post by Yogá » 18 Oct 2018, 13:15

Who is your character?
Pándoras, Priest - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... 3%A1ndoras

Who are you?
Jakob, 21, Denmark

Experience

Since MoP (in recent memory)

Cleared SoO 25M heroic as shaman, 7/14 10M heroic

WoD:
6/7 M highmaul as shaman
10/10 M BRF as shaman
10/13 M HFC as shaman

-- LONG BREAK --

Legion:
11/11 M Antorus as priest

BfA:
2/8 M Uldir

Raid Role

In-game, i'm currently (or was) a healer, but I can do basically anything given enough time, as I'm a fast learner. As for preparation, I like to read the tactics/videos and have a general idea of what to do, and learn the fight "the hard way" so to speak, by doing it rather than reading/watching it. Specifically for my class/spec, I read discords/theorycrafting websites and try to keep myself updated this way.

Your Spec

Right now, i'm a main spec healer, since Priest has 2 healer specs, I can naturally play both.

DISCIPLINE:

Currently, discipline is all about burst-y healing, and my talent setup will reflect that. I build my talents towards having as many windows of short, burst-y healing as possible, and play around setting these up.

For talents, the important choices for discipline are in tiers, 1, 5 and 6 (and 7 in some cases).

For first talent tier, I usually run with Schism, as it helps me set up burst-y healing, although Twist of fate is not a bad shot, if I need to go for some more consistent healing, so i'll swap between those two in most cases. Castigation is not really worth it at current, since penance is quite weak.

For the fifth tier of talents, I like to run sins of the many, for the increased damage, and therefore healing, output. Although, if need be, Contrition is an option for the more consistent style of healing that twist of fate in the first tier also brings me. Shadow Covenant is really a non-factor in raids at current, but is fairly useful in mythic+.

For the sixth tier, I will usually run with Halo in a raid environment, as it gives discipline an easy way of doing a small amount of raid healing, which is something that discipline really lacks an easy way of doing. Divine Star, is however also an option for instances where the "random" aoe nature of Halo isn't appreciated, such as mythic+. Purge The Wicked is a nice ability, however at current is quite underpowered and therefore not really worth considering.

And lastly for the seventh tier, I will usually run with Evangelism in 99% of cases. It's simply too strong to be able to extend my atonements every 1.5 minutes, especially since I'm building towards a burst healing style, Evangelism helps me extend my bursts. That being said, if i'm in a raid with another discipline priest, I can consider running Luminous Barrier in instances, since power word: barrier doesn't stack. As for Lenience, I don't value the 3% damage reduction of it too highly, but I can see it's usefulness in specific situations.

For stats, I try to gear my discipline spec in the following order:

Intellect > Haste > Crit > Vers > Mastery.

Haste specifically reduces my global cooldown, as well as reduces the cooldown of power word: Solace, which my main way of controlling my mana, leading to more efficient heals, as well as more throughput in general.

Crit and Versatility are crit and versatility, we know what they do, they don't really have any special interactions with discipline.

Mastery: Discipline priest mastery, Grace, increases my absorbs and healing effects on targets with atonement. Very powerful, but currently not working as intended and as such it's weighted quite low. Will be solid once it works as it should.

HOLY:

Holy priests are currently all about throughput and direct healing, I kinda see them as a "jack of all trades" as they don't really have a specific spot where they excel (other than just directly healing), but are able to do both single target and multi-target healing as necessary. Don't really bring a lot of utility, but has some very powerful cooldowns and in general are just great throughput-wise.

For holy priest talents, the most interesting talents are in tier 1, 3, 7.

in the first tier, I will usually run with Enlightenment in raids, this passively increases my mana regen, which makes up for the holy priest's lacking mana regen. In cases where mana regen is not that important, such as short fights and mythic+, I will usually run with Trail of Light instead, for the extra througput. Renew is currently not powerful enough for the amount of mana it costs, and as such, enduring renewal is not worth it at all.

In the third tier, Cosmic Ripple is my go-to choice, as I try to use my holy words as often as possible, the extra healing gained from this talent is pretty nice, and as such, it's my default choice. However if the extra utility is needed, Guardian Angel is pretty useful. Lastly there's afterlife, which is also a solid HPS increase, but seeing as I don't plan on dying often, Cosmic Ripple outshines it's usefulness.

In the seventh tier, for raiding, it's not much of a choice, but it's worth highlighting. In this talent tier, lies the talent Holy Word: Salvation, which is currently one of- if not the most powerful healing cooldowns in the game. It has a 12 minute cooldown (reduced by my holy words, so roughly a 4 minute cooldown if I play correctly), and it heals everyone for a large amount (like revival), as well as applying renew and prayer of mending to everyone it hits. The amount of healing that this cooldown brings out is insane, and as such I won't even think of another talent in a raiding environment. That being said, if I decide to run dungeons or mythic+, where I need more consistent steady usage of holy words, rather than 1 big cooldown, Apotheosis is probably the better choice. Light of Naaru is very underpowered in this tier, and as such, even if it's a pretty nice increase, it's not worth anything compared to the other 2.

For stats, in the case of holy, all stats are good, so I will usually just use whatever I get that has the most intellect. however I try to follow this priority if I get gear of the same ilvl:

Mastery > Crit > Haste > Vers

Holy Mastery, Echo of Light, makes it so my direct healing spells also leaves a HoT on a target for a % of what it healed for. In generally, this is just good, cheap and efficient extra healing.

Crit is crit, but it is worth saying that it synergizes well with mastery.

Vers is vers, doesn't really do anythig special.

and lastly haste, which makes my renew tick for more and decreases the cooldown of a few spells. Since I don't use renew much, haste is not very useful.

Off-specs and Alternative characters

If needed, and I have the gear for it, I am more than comfortable switching to shadow, in fact I used to main it. For alts, I don't currently have any, but I am willing to play any alt that is needed if I get one at a decent level.

Communication
Yes, I do have a mic, and will communicate if needed.

B-tag: Yoggles#2502

Combat Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... 3%A1ndoras

Your UI
*to come when I get home and have time, but basically elvui but with the raid frames in middle for healing*

Guild History

The Raven Council - Defias Brotherhood EU
Was in this guild before for about 1.5 years from MoP -> WoD. Left due to personal issues.

Kingsfall - Defias Brotherhood EU
Directly after leaving TRC, I joined Kingsfall, as I had some friends here, sadly guild died shortly after.

Repose - Ragnaros EU
The remnants of Kingsfall, I left due to having burned out from the game and doing split-runs as well as 4 day raiding, so I took a break.

Casualty - Sylvanas EU
A guild I created with some friends to do "casual" 3 day raiding in antorus, managed to get 9/11 bosses killed, but the guild imploded due to recruitment issues

Vortex - Silvermoon EU
Was recruited here after leaving Casualty for Argus M progress, guild died after 300 wipes.

Quit - Kazzak EU
My last guild, killed Argus M with them, before the guild imploded and we had to rebuild the roster. I became their main raid leader in BfA, but due to university and work time restraints, I simply don't have the time to keep up with them, or be a raid leader and officer anymore, so I decided to leave them.

I want to join TRC, as i remember fond times in this guild, and am looking for something a bit more casual than what i did before, where i can just relax and have fun for 2 nights a week, without worrying about recruitment, raid leading and other silly officer stuff.

Raid availability
Yes, shouldn't be much of a problem making these raid times. In any cases of hectic study/any other reason, I will communicate it clearly ahead of time.

References
I used to play in this guild. So for references, I guess any of the old gnomes that still play from when I did.

About you
Positive, and generally chill guy, won't get angry much. Very competitive though, so if anyone offers a competition, I will do anything in my power to win it. Also a lover of gnomes. Gnomes are good, especially with ketchup or paired with fine wine.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Re: [raider] Yogá/Pándoras - Priest (of any kind)

Post by Fahranya » 18 Oct 2018, 14:30

Hey there, Yogá!

Thanks for the application. Stand by for a bit of a review.

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven

Post by Yogá » 18 Oct 2018, 15:02

Np, just hit me up if you have any questions, and we can organize a discord meeting or something along those lines.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 18 Oct 2018, 15:59

Sure. You can poke me

Yogá
(Pándoras)
Raven

Post by Yogá » 18 Oct 2018, 17:20

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/ext ... height=468

Found a 9 month old screenshot! It's practically the same, now, got my raid frames in the huge blank space for ease of healing!

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 19 Feb 2019, 16:19

Trial passed (yeah, I know, I should have tidied this up long ago. so sue me. (no don't))

<recruited>