[RG1] Vidal blood/dps DK

A safe place for closed application.
Vidal

[RG1] Vidal blood/dps DK

Post by Vidal » 06 Sep 2016, 05:27

Who is your character?

Vidal, Death Knight, blood (main)/unholy/frost(off) Armory is bugged atm and not updating though. Around ilvl 827 right now, and climbing as I farm mythic dungeons.

Who are you?
Josh, 20, England.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
1, though willing to accept an offer for 2 aswell.

Experience
In years past I did HC raiding in wotlk and cata, on this DK I did ToGC10 mad skill, 11/12 HC25 ICC before cata pre-patch: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/spo ... .tier10_25

In Cata the guild split, I levelled a resto shaman and we got up to 2/13 HC10: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/spo ... ing.tier11 , getting several normal end boss 1st clears. Though at this point, sporeggar was as good as dead. Replacing those who did not show or quit was impossible. At this point I quit the game to focus on rl, no idea where the other guys are now.

In more recent years, I played FFXIV. I was playing White Mage (healer), my group got server 3rd A4S (equivalent of tier end boss mythic), and then we cleared up to A8S (final boss of 2nd patch) before I stopped playing due to exams and disliking the ffxiv raid system.

Raid Role

[Describe your current role in a raid team, how you prepare for it and how you judge your own performance. Where do you learn new things and keep yourself updated on your class?]
Always prepared by reading tactics, watching clear videos (if they exist). Bringing a hearty supply of flasks, potions, etc for the night. On a "live" encounter basis, will use dps meter and combat log to find anything that went wrong or could be improved. After a night, if things need to be improved, looking at log websites and discussing with group in depth on what needs to be improved. Looking at different forums and such is how to keep updated, I think icyveins is the biggest hub these days? Way back when it was elitistjerks, memories.

Your Spec
For current blood spec (haven't dabbled too much into 110 dps yet, but will do soon):
Open by threat generation, then build bone charge stacks. Keep blood plague up on target, then damage with heart strike. Death strike when RP is ~80-100, allowing for a backup one if needed for damage mitigation (via blood shield from mastery stat) or healing.
Stats are currently crit>haste>mastery going by some guides, though my current gear is a massive hodgepodge due to mainly focusing on stamina and ilvl.
Talents:
Heartbreaker because heart strike is main spell of rotation, and more RP means more death strikes for more healing and dmg mitigation.
Rapid decomposition because dnd has a near constant and off-cd priority, generating a ton of RP. More damage = more threat, more deeps.
Ossuary for more RP and death strike gains, will always have 5+ charges on bone shield as thats pretty easy to accomplish.
Red thirst because all the above RP increasing moves will result in more DS's, thus quicker vampiric bloods for extra healing.
Tightening grasp currently cause mass grip gets a ton of use in dungeons.
Foul bulwark again works great with ossuary, more charges = more hp = more survivability.
Purgatory currently cause it works great in recovering otherwise wipes, may use bonestorm in future depending on how good heal is from it after some testing.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
100 Rogue
93 shaman

Communication

I have a microphone, comfortable using it during encounters (possibly a little too comfortable at times). And yes, forums and any other chats you have are fine for discussing tactics.

Combat Logs
Currently I have none. However, I'm experienced with using combat logs from FF14.

Your UI
Current frame. Some minor aesthetic changes. Boss mod display is dotted around screen when in use.

Guild History
See raid history.

Raid availability
Yes, all times are good. Most groups raid on monday aswell which I sometimes cannot (I get that during big progress you may want to push extra days, this is fine) so one of the reasons I also applied here..

References
Looking at wowprogress. Currently no vouches.

About you
Just a typical student who plays video games, studying biochemistry. I also do a ton of cycling.

Xanzara
Raven
Character name: Xanzara

Re: [RG1] Vidal blood/dps DK

Post by Xanzara » 06 Sep 2016, 13:02

Hello, and thanks for applying to RG1. We will deliberate and come back to you soon.

Vidal

Post by Vidal » 20 Sep 2016, 00:20

Just popping in to ask for any updates, its been 2 weeks and raids are coming up is all. Hope I'm not seeming impatient.

Twiki
Ancient
guild bank
Character name:
Specialization: guild bank

Post by Twiki » 20 Sep 2016, 13:36

Hey Vidal, sorry about the very late reply.

We're pretty much full on tanks at the moment, and the melee group is looking quite full too, in RG1.

I've let the RG2 leader know you may be interested in a place there.

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient
Character name: Xanthin

Post by Xanthi » 21 Sep 2016, 20:05

Hello, as for RG2, we are willing to give you a trial, but as it has been mentioned before on other applications, there is queue with them as well as we have quite a few melees waiting for trial. We can't promise a spot based on this alone.

If you are interested, you can contact me on Xanthin/Dionys or Fahranya in game, or leave reply here.