[RG1] Valyris, 100 Rogue

A safe place for closed application.
Valyris
(Noirtier)
Hatchling
Character name: Noirtier

[RG1] Valyris, 100 Rogue

Post by Valyris » 10 Aug 2016, 19:00

Greetings, members of The Raven Council!

The time has come for me at last! I have to write an application again and applying to this guild it is. Please bear in mind: I only apply for RG1 since that would be my level of progression too!

The story of an alpine inhabitant

My name is Matthias – Mat – I am 26 years old studying the secrets of history and English while working in content management for a smaller Austrian company. That’s right, I am from the Alps - Salzburg to be precise - but don’t worry! We don’t sacrifice goats to the mountain kings anymore. I love literature (English and Italian especially), hike around some mountain peaks from time to time and dedicate a lot of my time towards playing video games, especially WoW.

What a long and strange trip it’s been…

When I started this game in 2005 I had no idea what I’ve gotten myself into. Hogger was a fat crazy creature that haunted me in my sleeps and Deadmines was supposed to be the place where mobs where bugged out because they dropped more loot, right? Hell was I excited when that bone bow dropped for my hunter in Scholomance (I chose night elf hunter, because I wanted to be special!), epic quality it was, and epic my cheering too, which woke my dad and scared him to death in fear I was mad because I used to be that shy person hiding in the darker room of the house.

Anyway, classic turned into BC and WOTLK where I actively played a mage and even managed to kill Illidan before Sunwell was released. The guild was called Ritter der Kokosnuss – Knights of the Coconut – and well because of that amazing name we managed to kill the Lich King on heroic 10 men and played well into Cataclysm (where I was chosen to be the first rogue in the guild with the legendary daggers and could pretend to be a bat flying around and eventually annoying my guild mates, hurray!).

Mists of Pandaria seemed to be amazing, in fact so amazing that I missed most of it. Pardon me, that was my own fault because I’ve been on Erasmus in Ireland and was busy hunting sheeps in Donegal. (Sheeps in Donegal were also the reason why I cannot show you any proof of my WoW-past pre WoD)

Anyway, after a year’s break, my resettlement in Salzburg and dozens of tears of farewell I started with the game again. A friend of mine – one of the officers of the Knights of the Coconut with an even funnier German accent than me – launched his own raiding guild on Defias Brotherhood close after classic, we stayed in contact and I promptly joined him with my monk healer after coming back from Ireland. We managed to kill Blackhand Mythic pre 6.2 and Archimonde Heroic as one of the first guilds on my server. Unfortunately, the guild broke up after this and I lost interest in finding a new guild for the remaining time of WoD and stayed in this shell of former glory.

Qualities and Qualifications

The guild is called Paradise Lost, you can look them up and it is here that I can finally show you some decent proof of my skills as a mythic raider. With Fidelio (Defias Brotherhood) I’ve got the Blackhand Mythic kill pre 6.2, with my rogue Valyrís Archimonde - world rank 727 at that time.

With me, you can expect a concentrated, motivated and competitive player. I know where to look stuff up, how to execute my role and how to not be a pain in the ass of officers. I don’t fall into a frenzy when wiping for the 89th time in phase 3 of Ragnaros, know how to use a flask (proof: with mouse over and right clicking it!) and am able to speak some sort of English in voice chat. You can expect a 100% attendance, a reliable and versatile player and a person that not only raids but fishes in some other waters too and likes to join likeminded when doing so.

I love competitive gaming and always trie to maximize my DPS while maintaining the lowest Damage received. Beside’s theorycrafting I am thus in control of a powerful 4k gaming machine and a fast internet connection that allows not more than 35 ms.

The future looks promising

Right now I am still deciding what spec I will be maining. Simulation results show quite some balance with all specs and I always used to be sub/combat, so I think sub/outlaw it is. However, Blizzard is changing a lot right now, just two days ago Assassination got nerfed and we’ll see how it turns out until Legion launches. Sub scales better with gear later on, which would be another point for it. Of course I also roll what the guild needs most. I can play all three specs but have to decide of course due to the artifact weapons.

With that being said I hope you don’t mind a more individual application and would love to hear from you and play with you into Legion and beyond! I am happy to start as a trial in the first month of Legion to show you what I can do while progression

Best wishes,

Matthias / Valyris / Fidelio

Armory:
Valyris: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ADs/simple
Fidelio: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... lio/simple

Emz
(Pemix)
Raven
Character name: Pemix

Re: [RG1] Valyris, 100 Rogue

Post by Emz » 10 Aug 2016, 19:45

Thanks for your application give us some time to review it. Due to it being pre-patch we would be unable to give you a trial at current and it would have to be something like mythic plus in Legion.:)

Valyris
(Noirtier)
Hatchling
Character name: Noirtier

Post by Valyris » 11 Aug 2016, 16:29

Hi there and thanks for the quick reply! I understand that and in the case that you're actually considering me for RG1 I am happy to start as a social player with the launch of Legion and prove my worth in the first weeks during the expansion in mythic dungeons and raids.

Best wishes,

Valyris

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 14 Sep 2016, 21:00

<recruited>