Raider application, Nasfeter DK DPS

A safe place for closed application.
Nasfeter
(Nasfter)
Character name: Nasfter

Raider application, Nasfeter DK DPS

Post by Nasfeter » 06 Oct 2015, 19:58

Who is your character?
Nasfeter, Death Knight, Frost with UH offspecc http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... r/advanced

Who are you?
My name is Hannes, Im 41 years old from Sweden, but lives in Norway with my family.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG1

Experience
Right. I started playing WoW in beta, did some hardcore 40 man raiding up to Naxx, but decided Id rather pvp on my warrior for a bit. Joined a casual RP guild called Order of the Razor Thorn, when it died I went to Unity of the Alliance, and did some casual raiding through BC and WotLK. When Unity fell apart I followed some of my friends to a Raiding Alliance who later became the Guild Sanctuary of Dreams, where I have been up till now. Did ICC and Cataclysm, but took a break in early MoP due to my daughter being born. Struggled a bit with gear after that ( never got any decent weapons) but did all of SoO on Mythic. Did up to Twin Ogron on Mythic in Highmaul, and then things started going bad, we started to loose raiders. Managed to get Oregorger and Darmac on mythic but thats about it.
Done Helfire up to Archimonde.

Raid Role
Doing decent damage on single target and lots of AoE damage. Using grips and massgrips to help tanks with adds, or to get adds away from stuff that needs to die ( like infernals on Mannoroth ) Usually end up killing adds with Howling Blargh and diseases.
Preparations include always haveing flasks, pots and 125 food, making sure I got dust to reglyph or re talent as needed, and that enchants gems are as good as they can get.
I always try to stay up to date on whats ne and whats the best way to go for DK, I have been switching between UH and Frost depending on which specc deals the most damage, and whats been needed for the raid/guild. Currently going Frost, but prefer UH if I get to choose. My favorite DK site went down not to long ago, and EJ stopped updating theirs. so for now Im using ICy Veins and its forums while searching for a new one.
I enjoy testing new stuff, and trying out ne versions of old speccs to see if theyre any good, but keep such experimenting away from progress raids, keeping track of logs to see if I can/should be doing something differently, or better. Havent had a fellow DPS dk to chat with since my old raiding buddy went inactive, but like to talk and discuss different speccs etc.

Your Spec
Rotation for Frost is pretty simple atm. Keep diseases up with Outbreak, Howling Blargh and Plague Strike, build RP with Howling Blargh and Obliterate (only to use up UH runes), followed by Frost strike spamming when Killing Machine proccs. With the current 4 set its worth delaying the FS unless you risk capping RP untill you have a KM procc. Atm Im running without Necrotic Plague, tried using it with Frost but always managed to get higher without it, but as said before, not above testing it again if needs be. Defile is used on CD, unless the boss is about to move, or adds are incoming.

Talents:
T1 Plague Leech to get new runes fast and easy
T2 Purgatory or AMZ depending on whats needed for the raid, usually its Purgatory to keep myslf alive a bit longer
T3 Deaths Advance: decent speed boost when needed, Asphyxiate if a stun should be needed
T4 Blood Tap. Took me awhile to get the most out of this talent, but now I feel naked if I dont have it. Very usefull to get extra death runes when needed
T5 Death Pact: Self heal, imo much better than its alternatives
T6 Gorefiends grasp or Remorseless winter. Using Gorefiend more and more, especially now that RW has a ramp up time. Used to get adds to a tank or just group them up for simpler AoE, or to get pulsatign aoeing adds away from a boss. Has to be used with care though
T7 Defile or Necrotic Plague, as UH I loved Necrotic since you could prolong it more or less indefinetly, which is harder as Frost, the ramp up time for it being an issue, and to keep it at 15 stacks ready for add waves, so for Frost I stick mostly to Defile.

Glyphs:
Glyph or Regenerative Magic, good to make sure its off CD as much as possible, and giving a RP boost if used correctly
Glyph of Raised Ally so ress dont cost any rp for easier combat ressing
Glyph of Shifting Prescence is my default third gift, so I can shift to another rpescence for speed or dam reduction, this gift I tend to change if the encounter needs something special

Stats:
Strength, then Mastery followed by Multistrike-Haste. Ive been experim enting a little with MS and Haste to see which I feel most confident stacking mroe off

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I have no issues switching speccs to whatevr the raid needs. That said, I havent tanked in a long time since we had so many off tan ks in SoD it more or less never came up. As for other chars, Ive been a bit lazy with my alts, mainly getting their garrisons up, but I have a warrior and a rogue. Of those, the warrior is best geared, but still rather meh.

Communication
I have a mic and use it, though atm for some reason it keeps acting up, but I am working to fix that problem. Im not the most active forum poster, mostly since I have a slight issues getting my thoughts down in text, but I enjoy browsing and reading forums, and to keep up to date with whats going on.

Combat Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 82/latest/

Your UI
http://i.imgur.com/NHKpxU0.jpg

Guild History
Order of the Razor Thorn ( disbanded)
Unity of the Alliance ( was about to be disbanded, then was kept anyway but without any of the coreplayers)
Santcuary of Dreams - my current guild. Really enjoyed my time in this guild, it was the right level of raiding and full of friends. Time takes it toll though, and now most of my friends are gone, and there is no raiding to speak of anymore. A few of my guildies have made their way here and after some considering I decided to try my luck as well.

Raid availability
I should have no issues raiding those times regularly. Having said that, sometimes my daughter do claim my attention, especiallly if her mom is working late.

References
I heard about you from Shayden, and from the people who went from SoD to here. I have been raiding with Kheydar for quite some time, and with Xan as well.

About you
I have a very bad sence of humour, and love puns. And dont mind sharing those puns in quiet moments. Ive been working in a kindergarden for some years, before that I worked with handicapped kids, and its astonishing how much of that can be applied to other situations.
As for other hobbies, I paint wargames miniatures and plastic model kits, and enjoy watching movies and the odd tv-series. Been a roleplayer since I was a kid, my brother introduced me to D&D when I was 8 y old, and Ive been playing roleplaying games ever since. Big fan off horror movies and books, epscially Lovecraftian ones.

Miscellaneous
Uhm... hmm. I guess I love gnomes. But the sauce is important too.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Re: Raider application, Nasfeter DK DPS

Post by Jimmble » 06 Oct 2015, 20:06

Thank you for the application, please give us some time to review it.

Shayden
(Rinrin)
Raven
Character name: Rinrin

Post by Shayden » 06 Oct 2015, 20:38

*cheers at Nasfeter* finally!

Kheydar
Raven
Character name: Kheydar

Post by Kheydar » 08 Oct 2015, 00:15

*waves*
Hi nafs nice to see you apply, good luck with your app!

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 12 Oct 2015, 15:13

Hi Nasfeter,

Sorry for the delay! But after much discussion with the team, I'm afraid we've come to the decision that we cannot offer you a raid spot at this time.
Your app looks good though, and DKs are pretty desirable at this point in Hellfire, so I don't reckon you'll have much trouble finding a new home. Good luck! :)

~Bowie
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai