Important: Legion and Beyond!

Recent news, events and announcements

Poll: New Name - Please Read Below First!

Poll ended at 02 Apr 2016, 11:17

<Ravenfall>
13%
<The King's Ravens>
8%
<Stormwind Ravens>
No votes
<StormRavenionFall>
No votes
<KinDom Raven Regiment>
No votes
<TRCKDSR>
8%
<The Raging Council>
4%
<TeeArrSee>
4%
<xXx T R C xXx>
54%
We should refuse to change name!
8%

Total votes: 24

Ancient Councillor
Ancient
Character name:

Important: Legion and Beyond!

Post by Ancient Councillor » 01 Apr 2016, 11:17

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for everyone's participation in the new guild name poll!
As you can see it resulted in a landslide victory for
<xXx T R C xXx>
Yeah, thanks for that...

But luckily, it was obviously all an APRIL FOOLS! No insane merger! Sorry guys. :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Exciting News, everyone!

This has been brewing for quite a few months now..
Some of you may have heard the rumours already - It's been hard to keep things under wraps entirely, but we appreciate everyone's discretion so far.

Now however, the suspense is finally over, and we're excited to reveal the beginnings of our grand plans for Legion!

So, it's been over 10 years of The Raven Council, and frankly it's time to change things up a bit. We've had an opportunity for a very special arrangement, that will hopefully expand our horizons and offer new avenues of fun, engagement and competition from the guild.

Here's the big news:

The remnants of three old & majestic Defias guilds are rising from the grave in the form of an almighty guild merger, with us!
Yes that's right - Joining us will be the likes of <Kingsfall>, <Dominion>, and <Stormwind Regiment>.

This merger will bring together top caliber raiders, world-feared PvP champions, and highly respected roleplayers, all under one banner- Ours!

As part of this arrangement we felt it a fair and generous gesture, to take the exciting chance for a change of guild name! We have many solid ideas for names, and our first big objective with this announcement is to bring the task of choosing one, to our loyal guild members! We think it's a great opportunity to pick something fresh, attention grabbing, and relevant to the state of modern World of Warcraft.

Please check out the options above, vote for your favourite and if you have any particularly strong feeling about your choice please explain your reasoning. Some are serious and some are fun, but whatever is voted highest will stick!
Also if you have any brand new suggestions, just post them here and we'll see how people like them.

This is your chance to make history!

Ancient Councillor
Ancient
Character name:

Re: Important: Legion and Beyond!

Post by Ancient Councillor » 01 Apr 2016, 11:18

Additionally, along with new members and a new name, we'll be absorbing the ethos and some rules from each of these guilds.

Here are some of the current plans:
- RG1, RG2 & RG3 will all be replaced by Raid Group Alpha - Please speak to Jimmble about trialling for this new elite team.

- Raid Group Alpha will introduce a mandatory 6 raid days per week. Anyone unable to commit to this schedule will be demoted to the PvPer rank.

- High level ranked RBGs will be scheduled weekly - Please speak to Jimmble about trialling for the team.

- Basic minimum requirements will be 2.5k rating in both RBGs and arena, and a full set of Elite pvp-transmog gear, for each class in the game.

- Any PvPer unable to reach these minimum requirements before the current PvP season ends, will be demoted to Roleplayer rank.

- Roleplayers will pick a unique class that is not an actual in-game class, and roleplay as that class from that point forward. Examples include Spell Breaker, Red Mage and Demon Hugger.

- Roleplayers will be expected to be "in character" at all times, especially when conversing in /guild chat, public channels, social raids, and whispers.

- To avoid inevitable cyber-bullying, PvPers will be blocked from using /guild chat, making them unable to interact with Roleplayers.

- To avoid elitist behaviour, Raid Group Alpha members will have a separate side-guild for their main characters to join and discuss raiding strategies among themselves.
This new rule-set is not entirely set in stone yet of course - Please feel free to offer any feedback you may have! Our aim is to bring these four guilds together and form a well-bonded community capable of doing anything and everything to the highest possible standard.

I hope you're as excited about this as we are!

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 01 Apr 2016, 11:25

I voted for <TRCKDSR> because all the others are too long.
Nobody types out a full long guild name anyway, and also this way if someone doesn't even bother to type out the entire name, at least they'll shorten it to "TRC". o/
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 01 Apr 2016, 11:30

High level ranked RBGs will be scheduled weekly - Please speak to Jimmble about trialling for the team.
I would like to ask everyone to use my full title from now on: Battlemaster Jimmble

Xanzara
Raven
Character name: Xanzara

Post by Xanzara » 01 Apr 2016, 11:34

I'm a bit of a traditionalist so I think I'll go with <Ravenfall>!

Excited that these plans are finally revealed, and I hope everyone is as excited about this unique opportunity as I am!

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 01 Apr 2016, 11:43

1: Raging Council, ofc. Because, let's face it... it's what we'll be doing when the changes happen. But we'll get over it. Then we can change go the Flaming Council... for... reasons.

2: As I will, naturally, end up in the Roleplayer rank where I belong (ending this farce of my current position and responsibilities) I hereby call dibs on the class: Lich Princess!

Fahranya

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 01 Apr 2016, 12:11

I selected <xXx T R C xXx> because everyone knows the more X's you have the cooler you are. However I was considering <Stormwind Ravens> but that's just not right, since Stormwind is getting too much attention already.

How about <Ironforge Ravens>? To give more publicity to the great city of the gnomes...

Lanaiba
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Lanaiba » 01 Apr 2016, 13:46

<xXx T R C xXx> 360 no scope raid bosses in Legion \o/

Alyzra
Raven
Character name: Alyzra

Post by Alyzra » 01 Apr 2016, 14:08

all of the above sounds great and i went with ravenfall cause it sounds hooot!!! but in my opinion the guild name should stay as it is

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics
Character name: Horlícks
Specialization: tactics

Post by Lupo » 01 Apr 2016, 14:32

Raven McRavenfaces - say it how it is.

Shantie
(Shantïe)
Raven
Character name: Shantïe

Post by Shantie » 01 Apr 2016, 15:45

Oh, this is a bit surprising, but I must say I am excited to raid 6 days a week, and also knowing all who can't keep up will be demoted to simply being a lowly PvPer, so I guess I need to submit my application to Battlemaster Jimmble.

As far as name goes, there was many thing I considered among the alternatives available. Firstly the name had to be fair to all the guilds being a part of this merge, second of all the name had to be something I could proudly wear, doesn't help being the best if your names going to be a joke anyway, right? And lastly, it would be helpfull if it was easy and intuitive to pronounce. All this considered, the clear winner was of course <xXx T R C xXx> as it fills all the criterias above.

In general theese are all very positive changes and I am super excited for them!

Tahlali
(Graunwan)
Dark Raven
Character name: Graunwan

Post by Tahlali » 01 Apr 2016, 20:56

I want also 360 no scope with Pyropunchers voice
Ithilian's drunken mission on March 13th 2010: "I'm not going to sleep until Graun says night night."
Ithilian's other drunken mission on November 25th 2011: Not leaving my house until his wife calls at 7 AM and gives some strict orders.

Senbon
(Neinharth, Bärnhart, Neinwald)
Dark Raven
Character name: Neinharth, Bärnhart, Neinwald

Post by Senbon » 02 Apr 2016, 12:27

Ravenfall sounds epic!!! All hail the mighty pvp gnome Battlemaster Jimmble!!!

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Post by Zarhan » 02 Apr 2016, 15:04

Heh, pretty nice April fools joke :)

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 02 Apr 2016, 23:27

Damnit Ancient Councillor, I told you to post it on april 2nd! Now everyone thinks it's a joke!

Lanaiba
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Lanaiba » 03 Apr 2016, 09:37

Hold on a second! It was a joke!? NOOOOOOOOOO

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 03 Apr 2016, 13:01

Yeah, thanks for everyone's participation in the new guild name poll!
As you can see it resulted in a landslide victory for
<xXx T R C xXx>
Yeah, thanks for that...

But luckily, it was obviously all an April Fools! No insane merger! Sorry guys. :D
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 03 Apr 2016, 13:04

But Jimmble still Battlemaster, yes?

Helloes?

Proe
(Proé)
Raven
Character name: Proé

Post by Proe » 03 Apr 2016, 15:12

Jimmble wrote:But Jimmble still Battlemaster, yes?

Helloes?
Always. <3

Edit: or maybe Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Jim.

Lepke
(Lepkees)
Hatchling
Character name: Lepkees

Post by Lepke » 01 May 2016, 19:08

I was fooled by this 1 month later xD
mind = blown