Virgin on the ridiculous...

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Virgin on the ridiculous...

Post by Rhaena » 11 May 2007, 10:45

Thanks to the skilled and talented people at Virgin Media I currently am without an internet connection at home.

It's quite likely that I won't get the time to sort it out for a couple of days as I'll need enough time to be stuck on hold for an hour before I even get to speak to a real person, then be transferred between a variety of people (who collectively have the mental capacity of a single-celled organism) who all ask the same stupid questions like "is the modem plugged in" for a further hour, then I'll finally be put through to someone who will tell me my connection will be back up in an hour. Then, I'll wait an hour, find it's not working and then repeat the whole mind-numbing process between 2 and 4 times until I finally get through to someone who isn't as thick as pig-poo and isn't going to lie to me just to get me off the phone.

Bastards.

Valeriux
Typhoon Emissary
Character name:

Post by Valeriux » 11 May 2007, 11:11

Suxx :(

Spectral
Councillor
Character name:

Post by Spectral » 11 May 2007, 12:23

Did you plug the modem in?

frozenwiller

Post by frozenwiller » 11 May 2007, 15:11

Hehe, that can be sucky... but as being an it-support on my previous life I learnt to ask that question.

Remember there was once one medical centre who called that one of their terminals had gone black. Those weren't usually faulty units, and I triple checked on phone that all cables were connected. No help but pick a replacement unit and drive that 50km to change it. When I got to place, the terminal was indeed plugged but the extension cable on the desk, wasn't :)

But what you've encountered, is very crappy customer service. At least on my local isp it's easy to get the real techs on phone. Is that virgin somehow connected that big media company selling records etc?

Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Post by Rhaena » 15 May 2007, 13:09

Spent an hour and a half on the phone yesterday to a variety of (actually very nice) people in India. I was asked if my modem was plugged in three times. The result: I should be getting my internet connection back on Wednesday.

I've been spending my WoW time catching up on some other games (God of War II, Okami) and going back to a couple of old favourites (Hitman:Blood Money, Ico) which has been very refreshing actually.

But hope to see all of you soon :D