Just problems

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
frozenwiller_

Just problems

Post by frozenwiller_ » 06 May 2006, 20:17

I'm gonna vent here also... quite a catastrophic week by any means :) I am so glad we have totally off topic section. :twisted:

Been hell of a busy with work, as I just got to mention that my daily job doesn't affect too much on my playing time... so here we go.

Last night I finally made it online and it lasted quite a many minutes before my computer PSU deciced it has served enough hours and blew up. I think I saw a little mushroom like cloud of smoke... :)

Today, it was planned that we go to a zoo in a nearby "town". 160 kilometers from here, but anyways that's near to me... 10km before the centre, nice little hill upwards, I just a little pressed pedal... to the metal... felt the air running through the turbo and then a little BLAM and rattle and no force pulling my car towards anymore :)

I think I guessed immediately what was wrong, broken driveshaft. (I think I've heard someone saying that when you have more power than understanding, but... ;) And in addition the dragging service legally robbed me (100euros, 10km) The only car service open refused to do my quick and dirty plan with me - so I could have carefully drove it back home... So the car sits there, and I'm now home whining here with my low specced laptop (no WOW) so I cannot even come and kill any horde for sabotazing my car.

Miss you all and hope that next week I'll get a new PSU, my car back to home and some quality time in wow (my mount never fails me there) with you all :)

Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Celsan » 07 May 2006, 11:53

Sorry to hear that!

I bought a Type R psu last time mine blew, seems to be pretty good but it has been suffering a little under the load recently. If your system isn't too heavy on the power draw I could certainly recommend it.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 07 May 2006, 12:12

What's a type R psu?

I'm guessing you mean power supply unit? I'm using a 500W antec phantom and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

frozenwiller

Post by frozenwiller » 07 May 2006, 19:44

Have to go tomorrow to the computer shop and see what kind of powers there are available. My PC isn't very high power consuming beast, so anything 350W+ should do the trick. I haven't heard of Type R before? Seems that some Antec Smartpower/Truepower or Enermax are easily available here.

Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Celsan » 08 May 2006, 16:33

Type R is by a company called Hiper; I think they may be linked to Coolermaster in some way.

Last one I got from them had plug in leads for the outputs so you only had to plug in what you needed (and not have all the other leads filling up airflow space)