Higher education

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Pyx
(Anasazi)
Ancient
Character name: Anasazi
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Shaman

Higher education

Post by Pyx » 10 Feb 2013, 12:45

Some might have been wondering why I (Pyx/Pinot/Anasazi) first played less and less and then seemingly went completely AWOL.

This is due to a major project I am managing for my employer (Erasmus University Rotterdam). The project is concerned with starting a new Bachelor's degree programme in Liberal Arts and Sciences, which we start as 'Erasmus University College' in September this year. Think: the best of the American college system married to the best of the continental higher education tradition. Want to know more? Look it up at:
- www.eur.nl/euc
- www.facebook.com/ErasmusUniversityCollege

We are aiming to get about 50% of our students from outside of the Netherlands and thusfar succeeding quite nicely with applications from all five continents (we left Antarctica out of the equation). Yet I find Scandinavian and East-European countries a bit under represented as of yet.

Would any of you have some tips how we could reach the 17-19 year olds in those countries who are considering an international education at university level?
ImageImage

isily
Raven
Character name:

Re: Higher education

Post by isily » 11 Feb 2013, 13:56

Pyx wrote:Would any of you have some tips how we could reach the 17-19 year olds in those countries who are considering an international education at university level?
if they still go to high school school, you could try sending the info to someone in the school administration who'll in turn give the information to students via mailing lists or w/e. no idea how would you reach those who don't go to school though.

on a local level there are usually some school fairs each year where different universities offer information about their studies, but since you're trying to reach people from several countries.. no idea.