Heart of the swarm cinematic >=O

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Glavinius
Dark Raven
Character name:

Heart of the swarm cinematic >=O

Post by Glavinius » 22 Jan 2013, 19:17

Thrandor
(Spezzle)
Dark Raven
Character name: Spezzle

Re: Heart of the swarm cinematic >=O

Post by Thrandor » 23 Jan 2013, 14:54

Terran propaganda video at its finest. Zerg aren't mean like that, they're cute and cuddly. Just misunderstood, like gnomes.

(Go drop a like on the ferocious infestor and the StarCrafts page, and check out the videos on youtube if you already haven't. <3)

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Re: Heart of the swarm cinematic >=O

Post by Alikh » 23 Jan 2013, 16:00

Hijacking your thread, also wow at http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-scrol ... o/6402723/.
I wonder if the mmo (tes online) itself is going to live up to it though :P. I heard that they will use the sw:tor engine. I'd prefer if they'd go the tera way more and implement aimed melee/casting instead of the wow-way where you lock on to a target and just mash buttons.

In tera you can actually dodge spells and melee heavy strikes instead of relying on computed outcomes. There's also no dodge% or whatever. It would make it a hell of a lot more like skyrim than what they're planning right now.

After playing tera a while now, I cannot see anything against the aiming method over the locking method. It just works pretty well with aiming. It's also harder ofcourse, but the nice thing is that skill plays a bigger role over simply standing still and knowing the right rotation. Mobs also don't automatically turn with you, especially when they're just doing an attack. Blocking mechanisms mean that you have to notice when he's about to strike you and block at the right moment (like in skyrim).