Jumpgate Evolution

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Cortex
Raven
Character name:

Jumpgate Evolution

Post by Cortex » 05 Feb 2009, 11:13

Anyone else than I gonna try Jumpgate Evolution?

Zarhan
Ancient
Character name: Zarhan

Re: Jumpgate Evolution

Post by Zarhan » 05 Feb 2009, 13:02

Yes..

I'm hoping it would be "Like Eve, but with actual space-sim and not so darn boring".

Cortex
Raven
Character name:

Post by Cortex » 05 Feb 2009, 13:57

heh, well good! Signed to the beta, but didnt hear anything from them.

The game look cautiously promising. I recon itll still have auto targeting, but at least you control your ship yourself. EVE was boring as hell and too complicated for my taste.

The game is scheduled to be released soonish, so lets make sure we are on the same server when it comes out.

Zarhan
Ancient

Post by Zarhan » 05 Feb 2009, 16:54

I hope there's some sort of trial account possibility.

Puchiko

Post by Puchiko » 05 Feb 2009, 18:00

I also signed up for the beta last year, but I don't really expect any revelation from it. And you can't say about any MMO that it's releasing "soonish", when it doesn't even have a public beta. Once that starts, add another 6-12 months and that's when it might reach a playable state :)

Cortex
Raven
Character name:

Post by Cortex » 05 Feb 2009, 23:29

Puchiko wrote:And you can't say about any MMO that it's releasing "soonish", when it doesn't even have a public beta. Once that starts, add another 6-12 months and that's when it might reach a playable state :)
Well this is indeed true, and many MMO's have fallen even before they got in any meaningful beta. (One such im afraid might be Stargate Worlds). Its just that a site i usually have grown to trust (www.tothegame.com) lists jumpgate evolution to be released in 27.march. They arent always right, but they usually have a day which has come from an official source. Sometimes that info isnt updated early enough, but usually its still some solid date, or its just listed TBD or TBC. But we all know how things go on MMO's. They get delayed, cancelled or fail in the first months usually.

Im just glad i see some other actual contender in space MMO than EVE which i dont particularly like. Also waiting Bioware to make their KOTOR MMO. For that, im not holding my breath :lol:

Puchiko

Post by Puchiko » 06 Feb 2009, 01:35

Cortex wrote:Also waiting Bioware to make their KOTOR MMO. For that, I'm not holding my breath :lol:
For that, I'm totally holding my breath!

Star Wars: The Old Republic dev-diary #1

Cortex
Raven
Character name:

Post by Cortex » 06 Feb 2009, 09:49

You purple yet? :lol:

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 06 Feb 2009, 14:49

Puchiko wrote:
Cortex wrote:Also waiting Bioware to make their KOTOR MMO. For that, I'm not holding my breath :lol:
For that, I'm totally holding my breath!

Star Wars: The Old Republic dev-diary #1
drooooooool. cant wait

dyron
Hatchling
Character name:

Post by dyron » 15 Aug 2009, 11:47

Waiting most for starwars but did apply for jumpgate beta ages ago but think they still dont have a closed beta phase yet. At the moment trying a bit of champions online and Aion like aion the best out of the two. Going to Gamescom in Germany next week hope to see starwars their. Did hear they gonna make diablo 3 playable for public looking foward to that to:)

Zarhan
Ancient

Post by Zarhan » 22 Sep 2009, 13:41

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/

Looks like we have another contender....

You can download "combat prototype" which shows off the engine:
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infini ... &Itemid=54