Warhammer Online

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Rezag
Ancient
Character name:

Warhammer Online

Post by Rezag » 07 Aug 2008, 08:14

btw just curious how many other here have ordered Warhammer Online as they finally have published dates 18.9 being the big waagh date and for CE people little earlier as well as preorder people will get to taste beta soon.

Iam one of those to soon test war so who else?

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... hp?t=49602

edit: I think I'll be testing high elf Archmage

Pyx
(Anasazi)
Ancient
Character name: Anasazi
WoW character race: Draenei
WoW character class: Shaman

Post by Pyx » 07 Aug 2008, 09:13

Not for me :wink:
ImageImage

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 07 Aug 2008, 10:03

nah looks boring :P

and reading some of the replies on that thread. they are really going crazy for a couple of extra days headstart over the people who didnt buy the ripoff edition.

hopefully some of wows less popular demographic will be lured there :P

Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Post by Rhaena » 07 Aug 2008, 11:35

I'll probably try it - but will wait a couple of months after release and see what other people think. Plus, they won't let me roll skaven *sulk*.
You no take candle!

Kalitari
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Kalitari » 07 Aug 2008, 15:36

Rhianne wrote:I'll probably try it - but will wait a couple of months after release and see what other people think. Plus, they won't let me roll skaven *sulk*.
I'm sad about that, too. I used to play a skaven army way back in 90's.

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Post by Elhaz » 01 Oct 2008, 15:06

How many of us play WAR too? I bought it to have something to spend time meanwhile i wait that blizzard's support reply(still nothing and it has already been almost 2 weeks or what?) to my support ticket and i get my account back... So far seems lot like wow, except i'm still confused about stats n' stuff. Level 4 Squig Herder here! :D

Vladimar
Raven
Character name:

Post by Vladimar » 01 Oct 2008, 17:14

I've had much fun with warhammer 40K and expansions, but i dont think i will play warhammer online.
mostly because i have wow already but also since i havent heard many good things about the game.

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 01 Oct 2008, 17:36

graphics wise it looks identical imo.

and wow has all my buds :)

Rezag
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Rezag » 02 Oct 2008, 08:36

I like some ideas on war especially taking over keeps and public quests with the intresting reward system that takes account your contripution meaing afk gets nothing and those giving most get nice bonus on roll and ofcourse tome if it only would work as intended.

Allso the idea of having two separate levels one for normal leveling and oher only for pvp is nice.

What else hmm I dont like the chicken because it means I cant do all the quests in game as Iam quest freak. But I ques it is not so bad idea as it keeps pvp more "fair".

One thing that I like to see is how the city capturing works if I can keep intrest on war long enought as playing it just 1-2 hours and not everyday so Iam slow.

In pvp with organiced group you can do intresting things example there is choke points and they can be blocked by "tank" so I have found pvp mutch more entertaining in war than what it is in wow. Ofcourse this can change dramaticly when it finally is end game pvp.

Atleast war will give me some change while waiting what lich king brings.

Edit: Iam playing on Burrow core rp server name is ofcourse Rezag on order side archmage heal bot
Last edited by Rezag on 02 Oct 2008, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Post by Elhaz » 02 Oct 2008, 10:24

I my self was pleasantly surpriced with those public quests. It is very nice idea. I am still quite confused with that profession side, but i think i'll get hang of it. Talisman making and salvaging work together right?

And i am on Eltharion open RvR realm. Name is Zhajin

Kalitari
Dark Raven
Character name:

Post by Kalitari » 02 Oct 2008, 10:49

By the way, if you tell where you are (realm and name) also mind to inculde if you are on Order or Destro side ;)

Elhaz
Raven
Character name:

Post by Elhaz » 02 Oct 2008, 11:00

Ah yes. Destruction side. :)