No woman no play

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

No woman no play

Post by Alikh » 27 Sep 2007, 10:25

Jaera
Councillor
Character name: Jaera

Post by Jaera » 27 Sep 2007, 11:22

heheh dodgy. why can women play men then? bs i say!

and anyways you could just get your sister or something to go on your webcam and BOOM female char woohoo! worth it!

Selphie

Post by Selphie » 27 Sep 2007, 23:26

Jaera wrote:heheh dodgy. why can women play men then? bs i say!

and anyways you could just get your sister or something to go on your webcam and BOOM female char woohoo! worth it!
Its just a reason for the midle ages men that created the game to get a chance to watch young females on web cam all day :roll:

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 27 Sep 2007, 23:39

your point?

hehe yeah probably

Azraphale

Post by Azraphale » 01 Oct 2007, 01:56

I can't fathom why it's so bad for a man to play a female character. As far as I'm concerned its about aesthetics anyway.

I chose a female night elf because I thought the male NE models were a bit naff. At least the male Blood Elf models look like a male elf should i.e gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrus oxide! :)

10pts if you can spot where that quote comes from...

Jaera
Councillor

Post by Jaera » 01 Oct 2007, 12:01

yeah nelf males look crap no doubt

Natharion
Dark Raven
Character name: Natharion

Post by Natharion » 15 Oct 2007, 23:32

"gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrus oxide!"

In what way is that gay? Oo
Need a hero?

Azraphale

Post by Azraphale » 16 Oct 2007, 12:54

Gay does not necessarily mean homosexual, in this case it probably means happy.

However, as the word gay has dual meanings nowadays, its a play on words.

However, if you do require further clarification, I would suggest asking Terry Pratchett as I quoted the book he wrote with Neil Gaiman; Good Omens. :)

Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Post by Rhaena » 16 Oct 2007, 12:59

Gay as in happy and jolly :)

I like the phrase "camper than a row of pink tents".

I consider the alliance male humans/draenei/nelf to generally be too bulky for anything other that warriors and pallys. The only reason I picked female for Roo is because I couldn't resist the cuteness:)
You no take candle!

Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Post by Rhaena » 16 Oct 2007, 13:01

I second the suggestion to read Good Omens.

Neil Gaiman is a God (although I have a bad feeling about the Stardust film).

I'm reading Wintersmith (Terry Pratchett) for the first time at the moment - and finding it most enjoyable indeed.
You no take candle!

Cassini

Post by Cassini » 16 Oct 2007, 16:30

Rhianne wrote:I consider the alliance male humans to generally be too bulky for anything other that warriors and pallys.
This is so true. Male human priest just looks silly. Hence the female human we all know and love as Themrs! 8)

Bumbler
Raven
Character name:

At the risk of returning to topic...

Post by Bumbler » 21 Oct 2007, 01:17

OK here's my 2 pence (it would be 2 cents but I am not american. Besides it might be my 2 euros at some point but that's a completely different discussion.....Where was I? Oh yeah).

Men playing women in RPG's. I have no problem with this. In fact when playing RPG's, I usually go for the female skins myself. It's not because I want to be a woman. To be honest if I had boobs, I'd never get any work done. It's just a point of Astetics (Oh I wish I had a spell checker now). When playing a game in third person, you are looking at your character a lot of, if not all, of the time. It makes sense that you would choose something to look at that is pleasing to the eye. Generally games designers use very stereotypical models for their figures. Basically if you think of it as an extension of drawn animation this makes sense. The reason all the early drawn animated characters had only 4 fingers was pure because it looked better than drawing five. Anyway, with this in mind, male characters tend to be a bit Rambo (macho) and female characters (to me) seem a little more fluid. This isn't nessecarily the case nowadays but I have been playing games since before DOOM on the PC and therefore have seen the evolution of animation in the computer form. I still remember being freaked out by the first Tomb Raider because of the fluidity of the character movement (though it help that she had a nice rack). Sorry for the sexism but I'm a guy and maybe a bit more honest than most. :)

Another part of this is vocalisation. Going back to Tomb Raider, the voice was very much a part of the animation process. I have known Celsan for years and he used to play a woman in Delta Force for purely vocal reasons. In multiplayer, if you managed to get behind someone and knife them, they where able to hear a vocalisation before respawning. It was bad enough being knifed in the back but when you hear a girls voice saying "Loser!" it really put the macho part of the game in perspective. That said I think he just liked winding up people online. :)

Anyway, there's my thoughts on the subject.

Bumbler
Ladies - Looking for a way to rebel against your parents?
call 1-800-BUMBLER!