Enchants - what should I get?

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Enchants - what should I get?

Post by Rhaena » 04 Jan 2007, 15:26

I've been very lazy with getting my gear enchanted. And therefore really don't know what I should go for. I'm thinking about the following, if you've got any comments I'll be glad to hear them.

Boots - minor speed increase (I hate chasing people down in PvP)
Bracers - +9 stam
Chest - + 100 health
Cloak - + stealth (?)
Gloves - +7 agi

Dagger(main) - crusader (or Lifestealing?)
Dagger(off) - +15 agi

Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Celsan » 05 Jan 2007, 11:33

Boots/bracers/chest all good choices.

Cloak - not sure on the +stealth, depends if you have any talents in MoD or not I guess (if so then you probably don't need this and could maybe go for something like shadow resistance instead).

Gloves is fine too; not sure if there's an equal +stam option but if so that could be worth taking.

Weapons wise, depends on what you have. I'd say that lifestealing will be much better for you than crusader for starters. You will also want that on your fastest weapon as well (more chance to proc that way) and this is would always normally be the offhand for rogues unless this "normalisation" changed all that (don't know enough about that being more of a caster nowadays).

Laverga

Post by Laverga » 05 Jan 2007, 11:50

+15 agi is generally the best for offhand because the offhand actually doesn't hit that much.. It's mostly the mainhand since mainhand is used for your abilities :)

The choices seem fine to me, only I dunno about the +stealth thing either :)

Rhaena
Ancient
Character name: Rhaena

Post by Rhaena » 05 Jan 2007, 11:58

Thanks! That answered the questions I was concerned with :)

Hmm, not sure what else is available on a cloak, guess it's SR or FR from what I know of. Of course there's likely to be all sorts of new and interesting enchants in TBC - maybe I should wait and see before getting some of the more expensive ones?

Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

Post by Celsan » 05 Jan 2007, 13:29

Laverga wrote:+15 agi is generally the best for offhand because the offhand actually doesn't hit that much.. It's mostly the mainhand since mainhand is used for your abilities :)
Depends on weapon speed...Tru has a very big and very slow sword, but a very fast dagger in offhand.

Laverga

Post by Laverga » 05 Jan 2007, 18:52

Yes that is true :) there is some breakpoint where a proc-enchant is better than +15agi, but I don't remember what it was :( Should be easy to find out since I found out about enchants stuff on Google about 3 weeks ago ;)

Btw I make lots of smilies!!! :D:D:D

I wouldn't spend much money on enchants now indeed btw, for cloak you could go with +5 to all resists for example, it's nice and cheap. ( I did spend 200g or somesuch on enchants btw, but I'm not sane :P)

Gillion

Post by Gillion » 19 Jan 2007, 16:44

Lifestealing procs less on faster weapons so sword is better with this enchant. I think the best enchant for main dagger is +5 damage or fiery weapon.