My turn to have problems....

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Celsan
Ancient
Character name:

My turn to have problems....

Post by Celsan » 08 May 2006, 16:37

....I've damaged some ligaments in my lower back. Went to see the doctor this morning and he says it will take between 10 days and 6 weeks to heal :cry:

I'm guessing that sitting for long periods is now going to be tough, but I've just braced myself into my chair so let's see how long I can last....

I wish I could say that I did it doing something spectacular like landing badly after a phenomenal reverse dunk in basketball, but I'm afraid it was leaning awkwardly while trying to move a large heavy box on the floor in the process of clearing up my garage :oops:

Fireya

Post by Fireya » 08 May 2006, 17:49

You should be careful with your back, I learned that by taking kids for backrides far to often. They might be small but as they say, many small creeks....

The back is put up with the most weight while sitting down, so wow-ing might be an issue..

give us updates..

frozenwiller

Post by frozenwiller » 08 May 2006, 23:07

Yeah, can't say more that take care of your back. I've had my share of back problems, most of them come from hard physical work (and bad erconomics).

It's just that odd thing that when you broke your back once, it will happen more easily next time and requires quite a lot of exercise to keep muscles in that good shape that nothing goes wrong when lifting something heavy.

So try to follow your doc's orders and take care.