Raven
Character name: Anirei

[RG] Anirei Resto Shaman

Post by Anirei » 09 May 2023, 23:34

Who is your character?
Anirei, Shaman, Restoration
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... ing/anirei

Who are you?
My name is Anna, I'm 40, from Poland. I'm a returning player playing the catch up game (that's why some my enchants are missing, I changed my gear in reach and now in Loamm - will get that sorted asap)

Experience
TLDR: irrelevant due to the break I took from WoW.
With the multiple ways of naming raid difficulty used over the years it would be easiest for me to say the raidgroups I had the pleasure of being part of were focused on raiding heroic content with the ambition to kill some mythic bosses too (while they were current content).
I raided with hunter back in vanilla, disc/holy priest in TBC, Prot Paladin (Anarei) in WotLK, Resto Shaman (Anirei) since mid Cata up untill start of Legion.
Since 2016 I raided Real Life on Mythic as a human cook/bard/tank/dps/healer/mom :lol:

Raid Role
Keep Earth Shield on a tank, use Riptide when off cooldown, spec into utility abilities if needed, don't die.
When I was an active raider I would record my gameplay with programs like OBS so after the raid I could check what mistakes I made, how to improve positioning, what killed me and why.
Also using warcraftlogs (or WorldOfLogs back in the day) to see what is the uptimes on buffs and spells that need to be used on cooldown. How much overhealing I did. How much avoidable damage I took. What set of healing spells are being used by other shaman players on that fight.
Icy-Veins, QuestionablyEpic are some other sights I visit

Your Spec
My stat priority for progression raids would be: versatility = crit = mastery > haste
With difficult and new content health bars tend to be a bit more empty and for longer periods of time (especially with the changes to player health and enemy damage) resto shaman mastery gets more valuable than with farm status content.
When it comes to talents I chose Ascendance because I like to have another tool to heal raid damage after an AoE. And chose to buff Healing Stream Totem instead of the standard Cloudburst beacause I like the fire-and-forget nature of HST

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I'm OK to switch into my DPS spec (currently it's enhancement) for a fight or two or three. But I'm not competent enough to fill a DPS role for the whole raid. I can push buttons but the whole trinket proc, random buff/proc metagame is beyond me.
I don't have any raid ready alts at the moment.

Communication
I do have a mic, will use it when needed.
I'm happy to use the forums (I'm also happy that you have forums :) )
My BattleTag: It's in my character's guild note now

Combat Logs
I don't have any logs at the moment :(

Your UI
It's still work in progress, adding things as needed but VuhDo is my healing tool of choice :)
https://imgur.com/a/mPCJJ9N

Guild History
I was in a Polish guild Hegemonia in the ancient times, and when that disbanded I joined Syntax. Sometime in Legion they decided to switch servers but at that point I was unable to play WoW as a raider anymore so I didn't follow. From what I know my Syntax as a raid group doesn't exist anymore. And the guild that was left of Earthen Ring is empty.

Raid availability
I can be present at raid times.

References
I saw Vaelyn's advert.

About you
I'm an awesome (and humble) person once you get to know me :lol: but I don't make friends easily, and if I don't talk enough in chat it's not because I hate you, I promise.
I like music that has guitars in it ;) For the second time I'm trying to learn how to play an electric guitar myself so if you reject my aplication I have that to fall back to 8)

Miscellaneous
Because my current guild is quite dead, I'm having trouble having things and enchants crafted, hoping to strike a deal with Raven Council's crafters to get missings gems/enchants.
Last edited by Anirei on 15 May 2023, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Re: [RG] Anirei Resto Shaman

Post by Fahranya » 10 May 2023, 21:32

Thank you for your application. Please give us some time to review it and we'll get back to you asap.

F

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 11 May 2023, 20:10

Accepted for trial. Feel free to poke a guild officer for a guild invite. Sherelia will contact you during the weekend (concerning the raid spot).

Anirei
Raven
Character name: Anirei

Post by Anirei » 12 May 2023, 01:37

Thank you :)