[Raider] Ghoostie Ele/Resto shaman

A safe place for closed application.
Ghoostie
Hatchling
Character name: Ghoostie

[Raider] Ghoostie Ele/Resto shaman

Post by Ghoostie » 17 Apr 2019, 04:03

Who is your character?

My character is Ghoostie, the best of dwarfs (imo).
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... d/ghoostie
the only wowprogress i have from this expansion is on my warlock, on which i raided mythic
my trinkets arent great, and i don't really have 2 healing trinkets atm.
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... 9&spec=Any

Who are you?
[Your name, age, where you're from, etc]
My name is Mathias, im 26 and from Denmark.
I've played WoW on and off since vanilla beta. but i didnt start raiding until WotLK
I am a relaxed guy, and i general i just like to play games with friends

Experience
[What is your prior raiding experience? Which tiers? LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic/Mythic? And importantly: Did you clear these raids when they were current content (the most recent tier added), or come back in the next patch? If you've performed any character change re-rolling in your time, what character(s) and role(s) did you play during which content?]
I have raided in different capacities. I started out as a mage dps in WolTK, then i changed to disc/holy priest in Cata. Then in MoP i played mistweaver and did some heroic raiding on that.

in WoD i went back on my priest mainly healing as disc, back then it was pretty much just spam shields. yet again on hc, and a few bosses on mythic, but i don't think i ever cleared a full raid on mythic before a new release.

In Legion i started out as a holy priest and did pretty well with a guild focusing in mythic. but since we only raided 2 days a week around 3 hours each day it was hard getting through it all. towards the end of Emerald Nightmare we were lacking ranged dps and our healing team was solid, so i rerolled shadow priest and played that for the remainder of the xpac raiding wise, but made my shaman for mythic+, because i didnt really enjoy m+ as a spriest.

in BfA i started as a warlockhttps://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /pve/raids, because i grew tired of playing shadow priest and the guild i joined wasn't in need of a healer at that time, so i wanted to try something new. i managed to do 6/8 mythic with the guild and the raidteam was overall pretty decent, but the environment during raids were pretty toxic, and i didn't feel like i had the time to keep up with school for mythic progress at that level either. When i raid at that level, i want to be well prepared on tactics, making sure i'm comfortable with my class and the specs i need to play. and lastly farming flasks, pots, food and vantus runes. i couldn't manage to stay comfortable to the level of play i wanted to, so i decided to quit raiding. i think it was around december. the guild did clear 8/8 a couple of weeks later

Raid Role
[Describe your current role in a raid team, how you prepare for it and how you judge your own performance. Where do you learn new things and keep yourself updated on your class?]
As of right now, i am not raiding. but Hafren(i think that's his char :')) is one of the guys i've been playing with throughout my time in WoW, all the way back to WotLK.
As a raider in general i'm doing my best to deal with mechanics, especially the ones i can deal with myself.. don't stand in fire, stack with raid when that's needed and so on.

as a dps you usually get additional small jobs to do, since healers tend to get encounter specific stuff to deal with, and more random situations than you do as a dps.

as a healer i work with the other healers and the tanks to make sure we coordinate cooldowns and keep eachother and obviously the rest of the raid alive.

For keeping up to date on my class i usually talk to friends playing the same class as me, try and discuss with them what could be better. i sim my char to make sure i have optimal stats, and if i can, i try and find a streamer streaming the spec i need to improve on - they usually help out when you have questions that i'm unsure of where to find an answer.

Your Spec
[Tell us about your main spec's artifact level, rotation priorities (for DPS primarily), stat priorities and important talent choices. We like to see the insight behind your gear and build choices, and it clarifies things in case Armory shows you in some strange PvP/soloing spec!]
my neck is only 37, but it is a pretty freshly made char. it has 5 days playedwith quite a bit of AFK time. as long as i enjoy playing i will be putting effort in to keeping up/cathcing up.

For resto i really don't like to say there is a rotation. Depending on the talents i run, i try to make sure that i don't have 2 charges up on riptide, in general just having Healing stream/cloudburst totem down before it reaches 2 charges. making sure that if i can, i use manaefficient heals before healing surging too much and just trying to be aware when damage lands that i have a massive chain heal ready. i feel like healing is something you learn by doing, rather than learning a rotation. maybe you can learn some kind of rotation for a specific encounter, but i think it changes a lot.

As Elemental i guess ill go for the openner first.

precast Stormkeeper>LavaB>Flame shock(before LavaB hits)Storm Elemental>LightningB until Storm Elemental applies Call Lightning>Eye of the storm macro>LightningB until elemental dies.
After that back to keeping flameshock up, don't overcap maelstrom. 3 or more targets EQ less than 3 Earth shock.
Lavaburst whenever off cd or procced.
Going for 3x Igenous Potential

This is the rotation that was best when i last played, and as of right now i am unsure if it's still the best.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
[How comfortable are you switching to your off-spec for a fight/raid if needed?
Do you have any alts that would also be a viable option for raiding with us? Please add Armory links for other characters if so, and tell us to what degree they are/have been played.]

I don't mind playing offspec, i have done it before, and i can do it again. i usually end up playing a healer because i hate waiting for healers and tanks while queuing for m+.but i do enjoy the lovely AoE from ele shamans :D

Communication

[Do you have a microphone and how comfortable are you with using it during encounters if needed? Are you happy to use these forums for discussion of tactics/general scheming, and check back regularly for important information? Please also leave your Battle Tag here so that officers can get in touch with you faster if needed.]
Battle Tag: Ghoostie#2173
I have a microphone, and i have been calling things from time to time(allthough rarely raidleading). i usually just make the guildsite/forum a starting tab on my browser. then i automatically check the news.

Combat Logs
[Please link your character's main page on Warcraft Logs (Example). If you have no logs, please explain why (eg, logs expired) and/or aim to log your performance from an LFR/Normal/PUG run, to add to your application. TRC raiders are expected to review their own performance on Warcraft Logs in order to improve, so you should be/get used to doing this. ;) It's especially important for dps-players, and applicants who would need to transfer before we can trial them (eg Horde).]
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... 9&spec=Any
I don't really like my logs. i know that numbers arent everything, so i'm okay with the fact that i did my job. but if i had more time to prepare for mythic raiding, i could've perfomed better than these logs. That was not the case.
in transfered back to Defias to play with a friend. so i'm just going to enjoy playing no matter what :)
These are logs for my warlock, i don't have any logs for the Shaman, and i know i have room to improve as both ele and resto. but i'm certain that i'll be delivering to a decent level of play.

Your UI
[Attach a screenshot of your current raiding UI, and if it shows anything unusual (in the UI, not the chat box :p), feel free to explain your choices. A screenshot during raid combat is most desirable.]
https://i.imgur.com/rwdHH2E.jpg
My elemental UI. raidframes arent larger and more central than need be. I use WA's to manage cooldowns and debuffs on my target.
https://i.imgur.com/fkAGK16.jpg
My resto UI which has larger raidframes, and my WA's show the important cooldowns and how far i am off a high tide proc.

Guild History
[What other guilds have you been in? What made you move(/plan to move) from these guilds, and why do you want to join TRC?]
The guild i remember being in while raiding was Origin back in WotLK, i was in a guild for a while called Delirium, but i don't recall whether it was before or after Origin, and i don't remember raiding with them as a core member.
i also raided with a 10-man guild in Ulduar called Tainted, which was one of the best 10-man hardmode guilds on that server at the time (don't remember which server) honestly i don't recall the names of quite a few of the guilds since then. In Legion i raided with Non Phixion which was a decent guild, but i just ran tired of guildleader and officers not being prepared for the raids (less prepared than the raiders had to be). in BfA i played with some of the same guys from Non Phixion in another guild called Dimensional, and we had a pretty high skilled group which was nice, but i didn't like the attitude from a few people from the raid (which was cursing and swearing at other people making mistakes, but not acknowledging their own mistakes. it was fine for a few months, but i decided enough was enough). still have characters in Dimensional, but i made my shaman and did some m+ with the guildies i liked, and kinda just didnt feel like playing in the end, because it was too much effort getting in to pugs. and i didnt pull myself together to join a new guild at the time.

Raid availability
[Can you generally make all of our raiding days/times, or are there any difficulties with this? Our current raid schedule is found here.]
I can raid all days. but i prefer not to raid fridays and saturdays. I'd like to say ill be available 100% of the next couple of months, but i have exams comming up, so i would imagine i'd like to take days off if it's the day before an exam or so.

References
[How did you hear about us? And do you know someone from the game who can vouch for you as player/person?]
I heard of you guys through Jamie, he's your blood dk main tank afaik. I took a guess on Hafren but i am not 100% sure, he used to have a different nickname :P

About you
[A little something about yourself as a person. It can be brief if you like, it's just a sort of introduction to the rest of the guild. :)]
Well as i started with, I'm Mathias and i'm a pretty relaxed guy.
i've been working as a electrician for around 4 years and now i'm going to college, so i can start Uni in 18 months or so.
I'd like to think of myself as not too selfish and pretty helpful, and i'd like to join an environment where i can get along with people and enjoy raiding once again :)

Miscellaneous

[If you have any extra notes that do not necessarily fit in anywhere else, stick 'em here.]
If there's any questions feel free to ask.
English is not my first language, so i apologise for written mistakes.

Best regards Mathias/Ghoostie - catch you on the server :D

Hafren
(Nuik)
Raven
Character name: Nuik

Re: [Raider] Ghoostie Ele/Resto shaman

Post by Hafren » 17 Apr 2019, 10:36

Just want to say that Mathias has a huge vouch from me. Wonderful person and great player.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 17 Apr 2019, 17:42

Thank you for your application. Please give us some time to deliberate.

Zephilie
Dark Raven
Character name: Zephilie

Post by Zephilie » 18 Apr 2019, 15:33

We have decided to accept you for trial please give us a poke.

Ghoostie
Hatchling
Character name: Ghoostie

Post by Ghoostie » 18 Apr 2019, 15:35

Much appreciated!
I'm just now on my way to spend time with family and I won't be home until Saturday. I hope that's alright with you guys.
Best regards Mathias

Simon
(Deliciouses)
Raven
Character name: Deliciouses

Post by Simon » 20 Apr 2019, 18:35

oh no