Shadow
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... anpupriest
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... anpupriest

Who are you?
Hi, my name is Daniel, I am 20 and live in Cape Town, South Africa

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
Raid Group 2

Experience
I started playing WoW at the end on WoTLK and beginning of Cata but I was mainly into pvp until I played on a vanilla private server as a resto druid and raided I thought I'd try retail raiding out in Legion. I was part of Crew 1 for Prime as a resto druid for Emerald Nightmare and got to 4/7 Mythic before I took a break from raiding for a while to focus on my studies. I then came back to raiding on my shadow priest which I'm applying with now. I then joined Crew 2 for a more casual raiding scene. We made it to 3/7 Mythic before I once again had to stop to focus on my studies. I've now gotten on top of my studies and am planning to raid again.

Raid Role
As a dps I try to be fully prepared for a raid with all possible consumables, I research all fights prior to each encounter (Thanks Fatboss <3), and I stay up to date with the class discord and on howtopriest.com. I go over my logs and see where I can improve and where I should pop certain cds for better output etc. I also watch a lot of YouTube videos about raiding and WoW in general (PreachGaming) in order to get a better understanding of how to be a better raider.

Your Spec
My shadow artifact is currently on 65 traits as I just came back to the game and am working on getting it up. My rotation priorities are generally to keep both dots (VT and SW:P) up on as many targets as possible and then build up to enter void form where I generally stay in as long as possible by timing my cds and using my abilities appropriately. My stat priorities at the moment are Haste/Crit/Int/Mastery/Vers and I'm working on fixing them asap due to crit and mastery being swapped during Nighthold when I was last online. My talent choices vary per fight but in general I take:
15: Twist of Fate
30: Body and Soul
45: Mind Bomb
60: Lingering Insanity
75: Auspicious Spirits(generally with more crit), San'layn(with more mastery)
90: Mindbender(for raids), Misery(for M+), PI(has faded out since ToS came out)
100: Legacy of the Void(generally used), Surrender to Madness(I'm comfortable with using it but it's mainly used for farm not progress)
I also check what trinkets and legendaries(which I have obtained) are best for me in which situation and I know when to swap gear and talents around to get a better dps output depending on the situation and my role for the fight.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I generally don't play Holy or Disc( I don't even have the artifact's) since I don't like that style of healing.
Vanpubaditch - Resto Druid (900 odd ilvl, main character from Legion start->Emerald Nightmare, I can play this if a healer is needed but I generally am shying away from healing as I prefer dps)
Vanpumonk - Windwalker Monk (895ish ilvl, just something for fun but if needed can main)
Vanpoo - Arms/Fury Warrior (885ish ilvl, also for fun but no problem maining if needed)
Vanpudarri - Havoc Demon Hunter (Low ilvl just for fun, no real thoughts of maining)

Communication
I have a mic and I am generally quite a confident and chatty person so I may even end up communicating "too much" :P
I have no problem checking the forums on a regular basis :)
Vanpubaditch#2564

Combat Logs
I unfortunately do not have any recent logs as I've just returned to the game after 6 months and haven't raided.

Your UI
I use Preach's Legion UI with Bartender to neaten up my bars.

Guild History
Nothing major but casual friend guilds and some cesspool guilds in the past first proper guild was Prime.
I raided with both Crew 1 and Crew 2 in Prime-DefiasBrotherhood but since my return to WoW I haven't felt welcome and the guild has changed hence I'm looking for a new one.

Raid availability
I generally will be able to make most raids especially during the university term. Only times that I may have issues is when I am on holiday. But I would let you know beforehand.

References
I've seen your guild around during Legion and now Nikki was a friend from Prime and she recommended I join.

About you
I'm very much about the bants like some people enjoy it some people don't. I'm hoping you guys do but I'm always open to being told if I cross a line with the banter. I'm just a fun chilled guy who likes getting involved in almost every aspect of WoW(PvE{raiding, mythic+}, PvP{arena,bgs,rbgs}, mount farming, questing, lore, gold farming)

Miscellaneous
Since I am from South Africa the best ping I get is 160ms. Which is playable and I can perform. I have achieved 90th percentile logs during Nighthold. But I do occasionally suffer from a horrible condition that most African gamers deal with. Major lag spikes. Our ISPs are terrible here. But yeah it hasn't stopped me from performing to an adequate level before and I am prepared to switch to mobile data if I am lagging during a raid.

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Re: [RG2] Vanpupriest, Lvl 110 Shadow Priest

Post by Fahranya » 25 Oct 2017, 18:15

Thank you for your application.
Please give us a little time to deliberate.

Nikki
(Kerrigwen)
Dark Raven
Character name: Kerrigwen

Post by Nikki » 25 Oct 2017, 19:23

Whoop whoop, there you are :D
Good luck with the application.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

Brink
Raven
Character name: Brink

Post by Brink » 25 Oct 2017, 19:25

Hi there, and good luck with the application.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.” *Terry Pratchett