[RG2] Casdeya, lvl 110 Affliction Warlock

A safe place for closed application.
Brink
Raven
Character name: Brink

[RG2] Casdeya, lvl 110 Affliction Warlock

Post by Brink » 22 Oct 2017, 23:45

Who is your character?
[Your character name, class, specs, Armory link, and WoWProgress link. Try to log out in main-spec gear]

character name: Casdeya,
Class: Warlock,
Main Spec: Affliction
Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... od/casdeya

Who are you?
[Your name, age, where you're from, etc]

My Name: Jonathan,
My Age: 36,

To which Raid Group are you Applying?

After speaking to your nice officer, Fahranya, I would like to join Group 2.
Main reason being, I want some time to grow and master my new class, the warlock, before committing to high end mythic raiding.

[Our raid groups are "RG1" (3 days a week, Mythic progress priority) & "RG2" (2 days a week, Heroic progress, Mythic when possible). Each raid group has its own requirements and expectations, and you should have a preference on which one you join.]

Experience
[What is your prior raiding experience? Which tiers? LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic/Mythic? And importantly: Did you clear these raids when they were current content (the most recent tier added), or come back in the next patch? If you've performed any character change re-rolling in your time, what character(s) and role(s) did you play during which content?]

So I have raided since TBC, and this got more serious in WOTLK and all expansions after. In MOP we were pretty close competing vs you guys on the Rankings of the Defias Brotherhood.
I remember The Raven council got 2nd place, Kingsfall was 1st. And we ended being 5th of the realm.
Just above Prime. :mrgreen:

Ever since Wod & the faction change of the guild we raided HC ahead of curve, ESI never regained the number or Raiders and dedication to be competitive like that again. The guild has tried recruiting for a long time, but most of you will know how hard is to gain good raiders in these times.

Basically, this is mainly my reason for changing guild. I would definitely leave ESI in good harmony and keep a few alts on Horde, because it’s too expensive to transfer all 3, unless your gold capped. :mrgreen:

But mostly I miss the alliance side and cities, and I want to join a guild that has some history and is well established and well Organized with potential!

Raid Role

[Describe your current role in a raid team, how you prepare for it and how you judge your own performance. Where do you learn new things and keep yourself updated on your class?]

My role as a dps: is to do damage and deal with mechanics accordingly and survive, so I can keep doing damage once again!
preparation is key, I prepare by doing the following things.

Stats:To get the right stats and good stat results I sim my class on a regular basis to see what stats I need to go for. I use pawn in game for my stat strings, so I can see if something is a good upgrade or not.

Gearing Strategy: Before the tier I would make a BiS List so I know on what items I want to spend my EP on. Making sure I get most worth of my gearing points and get close to wearing full BiS.

Raid tactics: For raiding tactics, I check videos of the fights on all difficulties. My old time favorite is still Fatboss as they have a good sense of humor and they are enjoyable to watch.
After Watching I would also read up on the tactics to get to know them better and for some extra support I like to find some weak auras strings from wago.io for boss fights.

Personal Groth: Also I would look on other logs of high end raiders who are playing the same class. What are they doing. What legendary are they using what talents on certain boss fights etc..

Your Spec
[Tell us about your main spec's artifact level, rotation priorities (for DPS primarily), stat priorities and important talent choices. We like to see the insight behind your gear and build choices, and it clarifies things in case Armory shows you in some strange PvP/soloing spec!]

On Gear: My ilvl is 917, but dmg wise its not that good as my stats are way from optimal atm.
It has Artifact level: 61 and It still needs a lot more attention and work. I will probably do the Suramar qline and do some AP farm runs to catch up.

At the moment its geared with anything that dropped and its missing tier pieces.
For the 2nd Legendary I got the wrists, and this can be equipped on Monday.

Rotation in Short:
Maintain my dots; Agony and Corruption on the boss. Cast Phantom Singularity and apply unstable afflictions and drain soul when multiple UA's are on the boss.

On talents: I don’t think there is a fixed build to explain. depending on the fight, ST or cleave or AoE some tales need changing. In 7.3 some other nice changes incoming for affliction. Giving us some more movability, definitely looking out for that.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
[How comfortable are you switching to your off-spec for a fight/raid if needed?

On my lock I wouldn’t mind playing destroy at all as my off spec. As its more the “mage” spec of this class. Flashier spells and flames flying around! Who doesn’t like that as a caster ^^

Do you have any alts that would also be a viable option for raiding with us? Please add Armory links for other characters if so, and tell us to what degree they are/have been played.]
My mage would be viable gear wise. But not preferred for me to play on the long term as I raided on him for so many years.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... frostbytes

Communication
[Do you have a microphone and how comfortable are you with using it during encounters if needed? Are you happy to use these forums for discussion of tactics/general scheming, and check back regularly for important information? Please also leave your Battle Tag here so that officers can get in touch with you faster if needed.]
I have a good headset with a good microphone. And I’m comfortable speaking and making call outs during boss fights if needed. I rather not post my battletag on a public forum, if anyone wants it feel free to /w me ingame on Nobles.

Combat Logs
[Please link your character's main page on Warcraft Logs (Example). If you have no logs, please explain why (eg, logs expired) and/or aim to log your performance from an LFR/Normal/PUG run, to add to your application. TRC raiders are expected to review their own performance on Warcraft Logs in order to improve, so you should be/get used to doing this. ;) It's especially important for dps-players, and applicants who would need to transfer before we can trial them (eg Horde).]

Combat logs: Thank god I don’t have any atm, it would probable make you and me cry :P Im definitly not pulling a million yet. We log on progress only and Last time I raided on progress was on my mage like ages ago. And I haven’t done any progress raiding on my warlock. :oops:

Log knowledge: I can assure you, I am well familiar with World of logs & Warcraft logs to evaluate myself on a regular basis by checking logs to make myself a better player. Questions I would ask myself would be, “ What are my uptimes of my dots, have I used my CD’s often enough and on the right moments, how is my overall activity, etc..”

Your UI
[Attach a screenshot of your current raiding UI, and if it shows anything unusual (in the UI, not the chat box :p), feel free to explain your choices. A screenshot during raid combat is most desirable.]
ui screenshot

Guild History
[What other guilds have you been in? What made you move(/plan to move) from these guilds, and why do you want to join TRC?]

I have been in Exploding Sheep Inc for 7 years now, and before that I raided in Legion V on Ravenholdt.

Back in the day you guys where competing on the ladder with Kingsfall, 2nd on the rankings.
If you guys achieve that again, I want to be a part of it ! That would be competing vs RR Inc probable now..
What ever happened to Kingsfall anyway?

Raid availability
[Can you generally make all of our raiding days/times, or are there any difficulties with this? Our current raid schedule is found here.]

I can Raid every day of the week, except certain birthdays that I would have to attend to, these choices are mostly dictated by my girlfriend :D

References
[How did you hear about us? And do you know someone from the game who can vouch for you as player/person?]

I have been on the defias realm for all these years, So it’s hard to not notice you guys.
Raid wise who would vouch for me is a hard one. You could ask Beastaly I guess if someone still speaks to him.

About you
[A little something about yourself as a person. It can be brief if you like, it's just a sort of introduction to the rest of the guild. :)]

So my name is Jonathan I work at home making websites for companies and helping them with marketing strategies. This means I spend a lot of hours at home and I can decide on my own hours to work and when to relax. I live my happy life with my fiancé and our little dashhound named Lodewijk, and last but not least we don’t have kids “yet”.
Who knows in the future we might get little gnomes. :wink:

Miscellaneous
[If you have any extra notes that do not necessarily fit in anywhere else, stick 'em here.]

So it would have been nice to get to know you guys better on discord before transferring my warlock to alliance, but I can see that could be a bit hard as I don’t have any other raid ready character on alliance. My Dk joined you guys this week as casual and isn’t 110 yet! But I have spoken to some of you in the guild and so far I have a good impression.

I have also spoken to Beastaly as a former member and he spoke highly of you guys and said you have an adult attitude and are kind and have many good raiders in your ranks. Coming from him that means something.. as he isn’t always on the most positive note :lol:

Anywayz this would definitly give me the confidence to transfer my character and Start raiding with you guys, if you will have me ofcourse.

If you have any questions do ask, looking out for your responses :wink:

Casdeya aka Nobles Out!
Last edited by Brink on 25 Oct 2017, 11:30, edited 3 times in total.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.” *Terry Pratchett

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Re: [RG2] Casdeya, lvl 110 Affliction Warlock

Post by Jimmble » 23 Oct 2017, 08:28

Warlocks are evul.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 23 Oct 2017, 08:40

Whaaaaa? Gobling?! Total evul!

Fahranya
Councillor
raid leader
Character name: Fahranya
Specialization: raid leader

Post by Fahranya » 23 Oct 2017, 23:08

Oh shush, Jimmble. He can turn into a gnome.

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank
Character name: Cellyca
WoW character class: Druid
Specialization: recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 23 Oct 2017, 23:31

Thank you for your application, give us a while to deliberate.