Lampris RG2 application (After 100 years finally)

A safe place for closed application.
Lampris
Dark Raven
Character name: Lampris

Lampris RG2 application (After 100 years finally)

Post by Lampris » 17 Jun 2017, 19:20

Who is your character?

Lampris (a.k.a Lampy, Lmapy, Lamp)
Assasination Rogue since end of TBC
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... od/lampris
https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... od/Lampris

Who are you?
Marcin, 31, Londoner for the last 12 years, originally from Warsaw, Poland

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG2 because Jimmble is there <3

Experience
Lampris is my first and only main. I was in a progression raiding team during WOTLK when I cleared some Ulduar, Trial of Champion and Icecrown Citadel. At that time I was one of the top rogues on The Sha'tar according to gear levels. After this I retired from WoW and played sporadically through Cata, MoP and WoD but never raiding properly. I have been active for the entire Legion and successfully cleared all raids on Heroic difficulty now with good results.

Raid Role
I am looking to be a dps. I have always been a rogue and rogues always push dps as much as we can however through our mobility and defensive skills I also pride myself in often being the last man standing and executing tactics meticulously. This can sometimes come at expense of dps but for me tactic execution is the most important. For rogue I read Ravenholdt discord channel where most rogue theorycrafters share their knowledge. I am capable of simming my dps myself with Simulationcraft.

Your Spec
Artifact Level 54
Rotation priorities: Rupture uptime 100% > kingsbane > toxic blade> energy pooling for Envenom spam once Surge of Toxins buff up > vendetta and dps cds
Stats im stacking are Mastery / Crit / Vers
Talents have been quite static for Assasination since start of Legion: Master Poisoner, Toxic Blade, Venom Rush is the build I am running now which stacks very well with high levels of Mastery (im currently at 150%+ Mastery)
My armory is relatively up to date although today I am happy to brag that I got my second BiS Legendary Duskwalker Footpads which don't show on me yet :)

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I am not very comfortable to switch out of Assasination because I don't have a mastery of other specs.
I have a DK alt which is Unholy who could be good for high aoe fights.
I also am working on a monk brewmaster tank but shes too low ilvl for now.

Communication
My Battle Tag is: Lampris#2933
I don't have a mic at this very moment but I am buying a gaming headset soon. I am used to being on discord to follow tactics and have done so successfully during harder content such as Emerald Nightmare Mythic which required continuous communication for the extra mechanics on Xavius and Ilgy. I am happy to read the forums and be involved in RG2 not only during raiding times but also as a part of community around RG2. I want to support others in progressing together. I have been in TRC since 2015 and I love the guild very much and have always experienced nothing but kindness here.

Combat Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... od/lampris
I am not sure what logs are there it must have been from some pugs with guilds. I have never analyzed logs in depthly but I have an idea and some experience looking at them. I would need to look into this more so if you have any suggestions on how to best approach logging I would appreciate it.

Your UI
I don't customize my UI massively. I like simplicity.
My only addons are: Tell Me When to track my main dps cooldowns as well as debuffs which are key for Assasination (Surge of Toxins, Envenom buff). Those are 3 simple Tell me When icons.
I use Tidy plates to monitor debuffs and dots on character as well as combo points.
Skada for a meter and BigWigs.

Guild History
I have been in TRC since 2015 for a while. For me social aspects of the guild is what makes it strong. TRC has always been like that. I am not planning to move anytime soon as I really appreciate the environment we have created here.

Raid availability
Yes I am available.

References
I love everyone in TRC and have played with quite a few people. Jimmble can hopefully vouch for me being a good person, Manatea knows that i am funny, Neinhart also knows I love my transmogs and achis and immersion!

About you
I am always overly excited about weird player names whenever I spot someone with a crazy or punny name and will definitely always share too much on gChat. I do a lot of *ba-dum-tssss* jokes.

Miscellaneous
I love unicorns.

Dajjuu
(Daijbukiki)
Hatchling
Character name: Daijbukiki

Re: Lampris RG2 application (After 100 years finally)

Post by Dajjuu » 17 Jun 2017, 19:42

This guy is strange but hey! will fit in just nicely in rg2 ;)

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank
Character name: Cellyca
WoW character class: Druid
Specialization: recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 17 Jun 2017, 21:15

Thank you for your application, give us a while to deliberate.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 18 Jun 2017, 18:06

Lampris wrote:RG2 because Jimmble is there <3
Everyone loves Jimmble!

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 19 Jun 2017, 08:55

<Accepted for trial>

Lampris
Dark Raven
Character name: Lampris

Post by Lampris » 19 Jun 2017, 20:39

Thanks Celly, I will ping you in game!

Cecîl
(Cellyca)
Dark Raven
recruitment, guild bank

Post by Cecîl » 16 Jul 2017, 20:39

<Trial passed>