Túfty Application RG1

A safe place for closed application.
Túfty

Túfty Application RG1

Post by Túfty » 27 Mar 2017, 15:17

Who is your character?

Túfty, Druid, Guardian with Resto off spec, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... fty/simple, https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... T%C3%BAfty
Who are you?

Matt, 36, From Kent in UK

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG1 would be preference. RG2 as long as there are opportunities to progress

Experience

Ive played this druid since Vanilla although i didnt start raiding until TBC and that was only casually. I have raided to some extent ever since with the exception of MoP. I raided casually in WoD on my mage. If Im honest I could only really say ive pushed for progression in this expansion as Real life has always been difficult to balance but Im at a place where I can focus more now and dont want to miss the opportunity. So EN HC clear as current Content and 3/10 Mythic in NH

Raid Role
[Describe your current role in a raid team, how you prepare for it and how you judge your own performance. Where do you learn new things and keep yourself updated on your class?]
Im The Tank, I like to think I communicate well and contribute to the encounter management by calling out necessary information to the raid and communicating with the other tank. I am very aware and react quickly to changing situations with movement and Cooldowns. I take feedback well as long as it is delivered in a respectful way and Im always looking to improve. I prepare with Flasks, Food, Runes and Tomes. I read wowhead for tactics and Watch videos (kelani has been favourite for NH) I go on the Guardian Discord for information and use Icy Veins. Most importantly I speak to guildies and find good people will point me towards relevant information I might have missed.

Your Spec
[Tell us about your main spec's artifact level, rotation priorities (for DPS primarily), stat priorities and important talent choices. We like to see the insight behind your gear and build choices, and it clarifies things in case Armory shows you in some strange PvP/soloing spec!]
I have 54 traits in Guardian and 42 in Resto. My rotation is Simple enough with moonfire as a priority when i take Galactic guardian with mangle, thrash and swipe in that order although it may change with certain situations. I take pulverize usually as I like the extra damage reduction over rend and tear and the fact you can carry it from pack to pack. When the legendary legs finally drop i may reconsider that in raids. Above all I make good use of Ironfur, mark of ursol, rage of the sleeper, barkskin and trinkets. I have weak auras and addons that shout at me and tell me what types of damage im taking. I react quickly. I keep numerous trinkets for different encounters and always check talents are optimal.

Off-specs and Alternative characters

I am playing Resto Off spec at the moment, I usually prefer feral but its been in a bad place and melee are less in need in this expansion. (everyones a melee, When are they going to stop adding melee classes and sort out ranged). I am decent enough and getting better as resto but I dont think I could apply for a mythic guild as resto just now. Ill get there. I also play a Frost mage which I enjoy although its not up to raiding just yet.

Communication

Commuinication is key for me both on a social and progression level. Im happy with a microphone. Like to think I communicate relevant info without jamming up the coms. And Im pretty easy to get on with and have fun with socially.

Combat Logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 30/latest/

Your UI
[Attach a screenshot of your current raiding UI, and if it shows anything unusual (in the UI, not the chat box :p), feel free to explain your choices. A screenshot during raid combat is most desirable.]
Sorry, Im struggling to do this. Happy to do it if someone could talk me through it.

Guild History
Mainly social guild on Eonar. Raided with CSI Ironforge but they disbanded after WotLK. Guilty on Silvermoon which I had high hopes for but its just not happening there. No strong leadership.

Raid availability
I can make all raid days and times

References
Found you on the forums

About you
Im an Electrician. Im happily divorced and I enjoy Football, Socailising (CV code for drinking ) and gaming. Im pretty chilled and like a bit of banter.

Miscellaneous
Its all good. Look forward to hearing from you

Túfty

Re: Túfty Application RG1

Post by Túfty » 27 Mar 2017, 15:27

Here is a link to my UI screenshot

http://imgur.com/HeIZekH

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven
Character name: Kyrenisah

Post by Netzach » 27 Mar 2017, 20:15

Thanks a lot for your application. Please give us some time to review it.

tufty80

Post by tufty80 » 30 Mar 2017, 00:08

Hi Guys just wanted to clear up a few concerns regarding my key bindings. I play with a Razer Naga so the keys 1-9 are bound to my mouse. These are bound to abilities that generally need a quick reaction and aren't always part of my rotation. ie Taunt, Dash, Extra action. I also use my mouse bindings for moving backwards and strafing as well as tab targeting. I am happy to talk someone through any questions about my bindings on discord or teamspeak etc if this isn't clear.
With regard to rotation I usually play with Galactic Guardian unless its single target and then ill use SotF but I always keep moonfire up (particularly now I have the new trait) and will use galactic guardian procs as a priority. I use Mangle as my next priority watching for Gore procs (Have an aura) and Thrash as 3rd with another aura. Swipe as a filler. On aoe trash packs I will use swipe more and possibly not prioritize mangle quite as urgently unless I'm desperate for rage for mitigation which doesn't happen too much on trash.
With Pulverize taken I usually open with thrash to get the cooldown ticking and I have an Aura the goes green when a target has 2 stacks making Pulverize usable. Ill pulverize initially on 2 stacks to get the damage mitigation and then I can keep to buff rolling and always go to 3 stacks of thrash (aura goes red) and hit pulverize before it falls off. Sometimes on trash I just consume all stacks of thrash by tabbing around as its nice damage and thrash doesn't always tick as much as the burst. Really a judgement thing and wouldn't do it on bosses.
For mitigation I have an aura to tell me what type of damage I'm taking and use ironfur and mark of ursol accordingly. and I use Cooldowns for incoming damage I know about (slam on krosus or bonds on Guldan) I am also quite quick to use them on more steady damage fights when healers might be under pressure or ive taken a big hit. (adds on skorpyron can get out of hand when players get knocked back)
I have an aura to tell me what % my frenzied regen will heal for and try to use it at optimal times and an aura which counts active stacks of ironfur. Try to keep 2 on most of the time when its a physical damage fight.
Rarely use maul unless I am off tanking and cap on rage (although maul is so bad id usually rather just pool the rage) or on a fight like star augur which it totally magic damage and Mark of ursol doesn't stack so as long as I can keep it ticking ill use maul to dump rage.
Again, If there is anything you wish to discuss or question then I'm happy to talk to someone.

Thanks for your time

Tufty

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven

Post by Netzach » 31 Mar 2017, 18:44

Thanks a lot for updates.
I pass this info to our Guardian and come back to you probably before Sunday evening.

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven

Post by Netzach » 07 Apr 2017, 00:36

Hello.
After long discussion we decided to offer you a trial.
Poke any member of Raven Council with rank Councillor (that's not me) after transfer for invite or poke me on btag so i can help you sort it out.

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 07 Apr 2017, 01:15

o/
Also if you make an actual forum account (rather than post as a guest), reply here with it and we can give you forum access.
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven

Post by Netzach » 07 Apr 2017, 20:47

<withdrawn>