A safe place for closed application.
Brelyna
raid leader
Character name: Brelyna
Specialization: raid leader

[RG1] Brelyna, Holy Paladin

Post by Brelyna » 05 Feb 2017, 10:22

Who is your character?
The character I’m applying with is Brelyna, a draenei holy paladin.

Who are you?
My name is Ben, and I’m a 20 year old uni student from Serbia.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I'm applying to RG1.

Experience
When I discovered Wow I started playing, and eventually casually raiding, on private servers (yar har me mateys), so my very first proper raid experience was during Mists of Pandaria, when I got fed up with those crappy servers and decided to buy the game. That was during the end of 5.3, so by the time I leveled up and got some gear it was already 5.4 and Siege of Orgrimmar was out (RIP Vale). I cleared Normal SoO with my paladin, and eventually made an application to RG1 when WoD was just around the corner, but due to IRL stuff it didn’t quite work out. In WoD I rerolled to brewmaster monk (no pun intended). Tanked some Heroic Highmaul with monk and healed a bit of Normal on paladin, didn’t really play during Blackrock Foundry, and I fully cleared Heroic Hellfire Citadel with my monk. Legion rekindled my love for healing and made me switch back to my paladin. I have full Heroic and 5/7 Mythic EN experience (it was a strange night around Christmas when core raiders decided to slack, and I got a spot for a run), and I cleared 9/10 Heroic NH in the first weeks that it came out with RG1.

Raid Role
A healer’s job is to keep the raid alive when they stand in fire and/or the fire stands on them. As a holy paladin, my main role is tank healing and thanks to Beacon of Light it couldn’t be any easier, because healing the raid also passively heals the beacon’d tank, and directly healing that tank refunds mana. Holy paladins are very good single target healers and perform well at bursty AoE healing, but they have to make use of talents and positioning to AoE heal a spread out raid. Our artifact ability also helps out a bit in the AoE healing department. We also have a bunch of cooldowns to keep ourselves and the raid alive. Bubble let’s us cheese mechanics and Blessing of Protection let’s others cheese certain mechanics. Lay on Hands can save a someone’s life when they get heavily bursted, and Blessing of Sacrifice does the same for periods of heavy sustained damage. Avenging Wrath AKA Wings gives a big boost to our healing and can make a regular Holy Shock fully heal someone near death. Aura Mastery provides a huge amount raid-wide healing or damage reducion. Depending on the encounter, I use AM together with Wings to give it a healing bonus, but I generally use them separately, as AM’s main job is to stabilize the group and CD stacking is bad m’kay. If the encounter allows it, I usually position myself in melee range of the boss with the melee DPS to make use of damaging abilities during downtime in healing.
Raid preparation isn’t anything new to me, I like to have a couple food/flask/runes in my bags at all times. As for tactics, I read about the encounters in the dungeon journal and check if there are any guides up on Youtube, Fatboss guides for example, and learn the fight from them.
Icy Veins, Sacred Shielding and the paladin discord are the sources I use to keep myself updated about my class.

Your Spec
My holy artifact currently is at trait 44 (I know, I’ve been slacking on the AP farm >.>), but it’s Reinhardt’s hammer so I’ve got that going for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As for rotation priority... Judgment > Holy Shock > Crusader Strike > Consecration... oh that’s shockadin. If I’m healing, the focus is on using Holy Shock, Light of Dawn (and Bestow Faith, Holy Prism if talented) on cooldown as much as possible, use up Infusion of Light charges before Holy Shock is off CD and fill with Flash of Light or Holy Light depending on how much mana I’ve got.
After our main stat, Intellect, Holy paladins care about one thing: Crit. Crit every day and Crit every night. Crit is what makes our world spin. Right until we reach 50% crit (or 45% with 2pc, which gives Holy Shock 5% bonus crit), after which we don’t want any more crit anywhere near us. This is because Holy Shock benefits doubly from crit%, meaning anywhere above 50% crit is a waste. After that we like ourselves a bunch of versatility, we’re okay with mastery and haste is pretty damn worthless for us.
The revamped talents in Legion do provide a certain level of flexibility for holy paladins, and the number of useless talents is at an all time low.
Tier 1.: There isn’t really much choice in this tier. Light’s Hammer uses up way too much mana for the healing it does and Crusader’s Might loses it’s value if I’m not in melee range of the boss. The most flexible and mana-friendly choice turns out to be Bestow Faith, which I cast on people that I know will probably take damage after the next 5 seconds, who most of the time are the tanks.
Tier 2.: Mostly utility tier, with a single talent winning most of the time. Cavalier is a good choice for fights with constant movement and Unbreakable Spirit boosts our survivability, however both of these talents are dwarfed by Rule of Law... It increases the range of our heals and effectiveness of our mastery by 50%... Now this is something I can’t live without. First of all, it means that whenever someone is out of range, I can just pop RoL and heal them. There’s also no delay to the healing as it is off the gcd. When the raid is spread out and in need of AoE healing, Light of Dawn boosted by Rule of Law makes up for our lack of spread AoE healing.
Tier 3.: CC row. I just pick either Fist of Justice or Blinding Light for raiding, has no real importance.
Tier 4.: The passive auras these talents provide are quite mediocre, and the real importance is in how they each change Aura Mastery. When Aura Mastery is popped, Devotion Aura gives the entire raid 20% reduced damage taken, so it’s a great counter to huge raid-wide damage when used proactively... however it provides zero hps, d’oh! Aura of Sacrifice during Aura Mastery replicates 15% of the effective healing I do to the raid. This provides the raid an excellent raid cooldown, and I prefer to use Wings during these 8 seconds to do and replicate as much effective healing I can. The other popular choice to boost hps is Aura of Mercy. During Aura Mastery, this aura heals the entire raid for a fair amount. It’s not exactly a Tranquility, but it gets the job done. This can also be combined with Wings if the situation calls for it. I usually go for either Aura of Sacrifice or Aura of Mercy depending on the fight.
Tier 5.: A tier where you can’t go wrong. Divine Purpose is what I go with most of the time, simply because of all the mana it saves. Plus it gives tons of Infusion of Light procs. Holy Avenger is another reliable cooldown for our arsenal, however I prefer to use this talent in mythic+’s. Holy Prism’s healing is comparable to Light of Dawn’s and it provides the most hps out of the 3 talents, but it also eats up the most mana. It’s not as strong as it used to be, so in raids I use Divine Purpose.
Tier 6.: This tier is home to another useless talent: Fervent Martyr. It’s bad. Like real bad. It’s very situational and compared to the other two options... it’s meh. Sanctified Wrath! Now this is a good one, as it boosts Wings up-time and reduces Holy Shock’s CD during it. Judgment of Light is the go-to talent for raiding. The amount of healing it does and how easy it is to use just makes this the best talent in the row. Sanctified Wrath of course is on par with it, but it is typically an m+ choice, and it is only used if there’s another holy paladin using Judgment of Light in the raid.
Tier 7.: Beacon row. Beacon of Faith and Beacon of the Lightbringer are the choices for raiding, and both are really close to each other in performance. My personal preference is Beacon of Faith because both tanks tend to take damage simultaneously and it also reduces the overall overhealing beacons do. Finally Beacon of Virtue eats too much mana to be used in raids, makes us lose the constant tank healing (our only damn job), and is mainly a m+ talent.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I leveled up both prot (28) and ret (31) to get a feel for the specs, but I’m putting all my hard earned AP into holy at the moment. I also have a couple separate gear pieces I keep for my off-specs due to differing stat priorities.
I do have a couple alts at 110 (rogue, warrior, shaman, monk, priest), all of them between ilvls 850-860. I’ve put more work (and a bucketload of luck) into my resto druid Arail, but the best I can do with it at the moment is Heroic NH.

Communication
I have a microphone and have no problem with speaking. I’ve mostly been a lurker on the forums, but if I have something relevant to say I won’t be keeping it to myself.

Combat Logs
Most my fights that were logged were done with RG1. Gonna link a couple that I didn't faceplant on.
Jan 19.: Skorp HC, Spellblade HC
Jan 22.: Tich HC, High Botanist HC

Your UI
Here ya go.

Guild History
I was in Angels of Deathwing on the realm Deathwing (I needed a guild to not be alone m’kay?) when I initially started playing, and I later transferred to Defias and saw the guild in that guild recruitment thingy. That was 3 years ago... damn I’ve been here for a while...

Raid availability
Can do, no problem o7

References
Kyrenisah made an offer I couldn’t refuse.

About you
I'm a simple guy with simple needs... *Dreams about Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon*

Miscellaneous
Nuffin else \o/ (do poke me if I forgot something crucial)

Senbon
(Neinharth, Bärnhart, Neinwald)
Dark Raven
Character name: Neinharth, Bärnhart, Neinwald

Re: [RG1] Brelyna, Holy Paladin

Post by Senbon » 05 Feb 2017, 10:27

I would definitely say its a no right? ;P

Netzach
(Kyrenisah)
Raven
Character name: Kyrenisah

Post by Netzach » 05 Feb 2017, 12:57

Thanks a lot for posting your application. We gonna discuss it and get back to you soon. o/

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Post by Bowick » 15 Feb 2017, 17:00

RG1 trial passed, congratulations! \o/
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai