A safe place for closed application.
Stanian
(Mooxe)
Raven
Character name: Mooxe

[RG2] Mooxe, Lvl 110 Havoc DH

Post by Stanian » 24 Jan 2017, 18:38

Who is your character?
Hey, I'm Mooxe, a havoc demon hunter who's been in the guild for a while now, and I've done some raids with RG2 before. Here's my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... e/advanced

Who are you?
My real name's Stan, I'm a 21-year old student from Belgium.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I would like to join RG2.

Experience
Back in WotLK I used to play a protection paladin, on which I cleared all raids on heroic. This was on an old account however, and Mooxe is on my new account. I've been on a couple raids with RG2 now (mostly EN heroic and a little mythic (Nythendra & Ursoc)), and I would like to join RG2 officially to clear Nighthold etc.

Raid Role
I am a melee DPS. I prepare for raids by (most of the time) reading up on boss abilities, but I mostly learn from the fight itself. If I don't read up on anything I usually "get" a fight in 1-2 attempts by reading tooltips of debuffs, and checking the in-game Adventure Guide for less obvious abilities if something went wrong. I judge my performance based on my DPS, and whether I messed up in a fight somewhere (this is usually very obvious). I keep updated on my class mostly by checking Icy Veins, and sometimes watching youtube videos.

Your Spec
I might not run the most optimal build, but I seem to be doing alright in terms of DPS in raids and especially mythic+.
I use the following talents:
  • Felblade
  • Demon Blades
  • Bloodlet
  • Soul Rending
  • Momentum
  • Master of the Glaive
  • Chaos Blades
As with pretty much any havoc DH build, I don't have a rotation, but a priority system. The basics are:
  • If I don't have momentum up, I use these before casting any of the higher priority ones
    1. Fel Rush
    2. Vengeful Retreat
  • If I have enough fury:
    1. Fury of the Illidari on cooldown
    2. Felblade on cooldown
    3. Chaos Strike
  • If I don't have enough fury for Chaos Strike:
    1. Fury of the Illidari on cooldown
    2. Felblade on cooldown
    3. Throw Glaive on cooldown
  • Situational
    • AoE
      • Eye Beam
      • Blade Dance
    • Taking high damage
      • Blur for single target
      • Darkness for helping out teammates or extreme damage
      • Sometimes both
    • Burst
      • Chaos Blades
      • Metamorphosis
My stat priorities are:
  1. Critical strike chance (fury regeneration & damage)
  2. Mastery & Haste (because of Anger of the Half-Giants) (Damage and damage + fury regeneration)
  3. Agility (Damage)
  4. Versatility (Damage & survivability)
I try to balance these priorities to what I deem enjoyable, and usually this aligns with me getting more dps to.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I can tank on my demon hunter, but I'm not very good. Probably not a good idea to let me tank raids. I also currently don't have any other max-level characters.

Communication
I have a microphone, am very comfortable using it during encounters. I try to check up on the forums regularly, and during raids I sometimes get ideas for tactics, which I do share.

Combat Logs
I do not have too many raids logged, so these might not be entirely accurate, but here they are:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 15/latest/

Your UI
I have to post a link because the image is too big and making it smaller would make things very blurry.
Mooxe's UI

I prefer a clean and simple UI, with as little unnecessary information as possible. I also don't run DBM, as this makes me more alert to mechanics.

Guild History
I am already part of TRC! But the last guild I was in on Defias Brotherhood was Nostalgic Moments INC.

Raid availability
As a student with some involvement in student associations, I can't always make Mondays, but other days should generally be fine.

References
I researched guilds on Defias Brotherhood after I left Nostalgic Moments INC, without really planning to raid. Now I'm applying for RG2 to raid with the people I've come to know and enjoy.

About you
As mentioned before I am a student. I study computer science (I may get my bachelor's this year), but I'm also interested in music, video games, technology, ... Funny enough the student association I am part of organizes sports for other student, and I really enjoy it (Plus: free entrance to student parties).

Miscellaneous
All hail our gnome overlord & saviour.

Code: Select all

if (mooxe.is_online() || stanian.is_online()) {
	party()
}

dajpara
(Nisamja)
Raven
Character name: Nisamja

Re: [RG2] Mooxe, Lvl 110 Havoc DH

Post by dajpara » 24 Jan 2017, 19:57

Well I'm not sure about this one. I might have played one or two dungeons with him. He was very moody and was pulling before the tank. Also doesn't seem to know how to play his class as he is pulling around 7-8k dps with his gear while other players are puling from 300k to 500k easily (same ilvl gear). Ok, I know it might not be fair to compare his tw dungeons to others mythic + but it shows too much a difference. Id double check this strange new guy :)

Ninneia
Raven
Character name: Ninneia

Post by Ninneia » 24 Jan 2017, 20:23

Do i need to say anything really? :p

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient
Character name: Xanthin

Post by Xanthi » 25 Jan 2017, 01:40

Ty for your application, give us a while to deliberate.

Xanthi
(Xanthin)
Ancient
Character name: Xanthin

Post by Xanthi » 02 Feb 2017, 01:17

Trialed