[RG1] Narga, level 100 Warlock.

A safe place for closed application.
Narga

[RG1] Narga, level 100 Warlock.

Post by Narga » 18 Mar 2016, 00:20

Who is your character?
Narga, Warlock, Affliction/Destruction. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... a/advanced

Who are you?
My name is Anders, I’m 23 years old, from Norway.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I’m applying to RG1.

Experience
During SoO pre 6.0 I managed 13/14 Heroic, while almost having Garrosh down. As soon as 6.0 hit, I cleared 14/14.
During HM I cleared 7/7 HC and 1/7M, which turned to 2/7M abit after BRF released. Cleared 9/10 HC BRF on lock, and 1 M after a little while. Mid BRF i rerolled Guardian druid and cleared 10/10 HC. Currently 11/13M HFC on druid, progressing Mannoroth.

Raid Role
Currently I’m co-raidleading with two other officers from my guild. At the moment I’m abit less prominent vocally during raids, but we’re discussing alot both in- and out of game. Currently I’m most knowledgable about the tanking aspect of HFC because thats been my main focus. During BRF I knew every role in every encounter because I was playing tank, healer and dps specs. As for preparation I try to have flasks and food ready before raid, and if I don’t have it, I sneak it out of the guild bank.

Your Spec
Up untill now I’ve been more of a “adapt as I go” player. I haven’t looked at many guides, rather trying to figure out what’s best for me. I feel like its important to tell you this, so I dont come in with a false statement of looking up everything for my class. Seeing as you’re more serious than my previous guild, I’m ofcourse 100% ready to start looking up specs, discussig with others and doing whatever I can to improve my participation in the raid. As for the gear/spec I basically what I have gotten my hands on. Currently I havent done alot of HFC on my warlock, but its the class I played since I started so I feel like I have a good grasp on it as a whole. My affliction spec is now nearing 3 weeks old, so there’s definitely improvements to come as I get more comfortable with the spec and dpsing fights instead of tanking.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I have no trouble at all switching specs depending on whats benefiting us most for the current fight.
As for alts I have a guardian druid that’s my current main. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... u/advanced I’m very comfortable tanking with it, and I’ve started poking at balance for some variation. Other than that I have a Prot/Holy paladin. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced Its currently as Prot/ret, because I was trying to catch up on how ret works aswell. Both prot and holy are specs I’m comfortable with.

Communication
I do have a microphone, and I have no trouble at all using it. As for the forums there will be no probløem using them for discussions or whatever they would be needed for.

Combat Logs
I haven’t raided “properly” on my warlock, so there’s only a few logs out for it at the moment. I will priovide a couple and I’ll also be making my own starting now so there will be more upcoming.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZX ... amage-done
This on Im in for the 6 bosses in lower.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pA ... amage-done
This one I’m in the first 4 bosses of lower.

Your UI
http://puu.sh/nKlFK/2e1a2d69a7.jpg
This is my current ui. Theres not anything special there, but thats mostly because I havent invested any time in finding something new since WoD launched. I had a ui I liked alot in MoP, but it was discontinued. I used to have weakauras, but I havent gotten around to adding it again. Its on the top of my to-do list, aswell as configuring anything i might find more useful in a raid setup. I pride myself in believing Im god at adapting, so if theres anything else you feel that should be there please do tell.

Guild History
The only notable guild I’ve been in is this one, Sugar Rush, where i’ve been almost the entirety of my time on Sylvanas. The current atmosphere during raids, and a couple of the raiders makes me so tired and fed up, it has made me look for other options. Im eager to join TRC because it sounds like a great place to be. From my experience the atmosphere is way better than my current one, and the people seems like they have good qualities.

Raid availability
Im avaliable all days you’re raiding. In my current work there may be some tuesdays or thursdays I’ll be late because Im working the evening shift. Those days I’ll get off at 20.15, and will normally be online around 20.30. Obviosuly I would notify as soon as I got to know it myself.

References
I got knowledge of the guild through Shantïe, and lately I’ve spoken some with Emi aswell.

About you
Im a person that enjoys playing video games. They invest a large amount of my time. I try to be as helpful and kind to people in the guild Im residing in as I can. I enjoy chatting in gchat/ts/mumble while doing ingame stuff, staying up late and munch snacks.

Miscellaneous
If there’s anything thats unclear, or you want me to explain any futher, I’ll do so to the best of my ability.

Re: [RG1] Narga, level 100 Warlock.

Post by Guest » 18 Mar 2016, 00:29

Well, this is awkward. Im sorry for the double post, that wasnt ment to happen.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 18 Mar 2016, 00:33

Deleted the double post.

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics
Character name: Horlícks
Specialization: tactics

Post by Lupo » 19 Mar 2016, 17:48

Hi Narga,

Currently reviewing your application - will reply this weekend. Thanks for the application.

Carn

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics

Post by Lupo » 21 Mar 2016, 23:32

Hi Narga,

I was busy last week, so please accept my apologies on the response time.

I spoke to our ex-warlock (Necati) who's moved to pastures greener to have a look over your logs, so below is his feedback:

UI: Affdots or something similar to track dots and proper nameplates that show dots. Dark Soul and int pot not bound to a key, also Doomguard, UR and Healthstone are like shift+9 so practically need to click.

Affli: Haunting Spirits fell off a couple times especially on Xhul, should be 100% uptime unless really bad rng. It's usually best to use your 2nd DS right after the first one ends (or at most refresh dots and use it), it keeps extending Haunt even further and stacks with remaining hero and Doomguard. If delayed, it should be at least stacked with a DSI proc. On Xhul progression Doomguard would be used a bit before the last phase, but now when hero is used on pull, just pop it right away.

Mannoroth: It takes some testing and getting used to (especially when learning the fight at the same time), but pooling stuff for imps is priority over everything else if tasked to nuke them. I even cap embers for a moment before they land, then precast FnB CB on the boss -> conflagrate -> another CB (if they are still up after this, can Shadowburn for embers). Precast on boss around when they are landing down and hope for a swift mass pull. :D Glyphed Dark Soul gives you a cooldown on almost every imp pack. Another thing that needs some pulls to get right is precasting havoc for the bigger adds, nicely visible timers help there.

Edit: mouseover shadowburn and havoc work wonders

Unfortunately with the above taken into consideration, we will need to decline a trial at this stage. With work on the above and more experience as a DPS, which isn't currently evident, it could be something we could look into at a later date with a view for Legion. But for now the gamble is too large.

Kind regards,

Carn

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics

Post by Lupo » 21 Mar 2016, 23:32

<not recruited>