(RG1) Talone level 100 combat rogue

A safe place for closed application.
Talone
(Taloné)
Character name: Taloné

(RG1) Talone level 100 combat rogue

Post by Talone » 17 Feb 2016, 23:28

Who is your character?
Taloné , Combat rogue with Subtelty OS. Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... %A9/simple

Who are you?
I am Bjorn Dingenen a 21 year old guy from Antwerpen Belgium currently at home with alot of free time so I play alot of wow

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
I would like to join RG 1.

Experience
My prior raid history:

Wrath of the Lich King:
Trial of the crusader - 25 M normal 5/5
Icecrown Citadel - 10 M normal 12/12

Cataclysm:
Bastion of Twilight - 10 M heroic 4/5
Blackwing Descent - 10 M 6/6 heroic
Throne of the Four Winds - 10 M 2/2 heroic
Firelands - 10 M normal 7/7 (Didn't have alot of time to raid heroic at that time)
Dragon Soul - 10 M normal 8/8 (And a couple heroic bosses but i absolutly hated DS so i stopped after a couple heroic bosses poor raid design)

Mists of Pandaria:
I only started playing wow again in the last patch. so no raid experience for first two MoP patches.
Siege of Orgrimmar: 10 M 11/14 heroic (before namechange to mythic) until raid team fell apart and nobody wanted to take over.

Warlords of Draenor:
Highmaul - 20 M Heroic 7/7 Mythic 4/7
Blackrock Foundry - No experience I quit again due to no time until last patch
Hellfire Citadel - 20 M Heroic 13/13 all pugged now looking to join a serious mythic guild so i can raid again on a high level while still having fun with nice people, that's what this games all about for me :)

Raid Role
My role is to do as much damage possible while still helping out the team with needed tactics as rogue has a lot of utility to offer such as damage mitigation and movement speed, smokebomb and much more. I will always take survivability over doing a bit more damage on a fight as a dead dps is of no use. I believe this is a large key to succes on mythic raiding but ofcourse i try to optimize my dps as much as possible and i constalty work on improving it. I watch a lot of videos to keep up t date with everyone elses opinion so I can experiment a lot and make the playstyle that suits me best.

Your Spec
Stats: I try to stay around 23-25% haste and then going full multistrike. This is strong for combat and makes it easy to swap to subtely as multistrike is the priority there.
Rotation:
Always keep slice and dice up priority number 1. followed by revealing strike debuff which also requires 100% up time.
Don't hold your cooldowns unless a burst is required before you will have them back up again, which is rare for a combat rogue as our damaging finishing moves reduces the cooldown of our 2 major cooldowns. Use sinister strike when everything else is up and ticking and keep using eviscerate at 5 combo points. as soon as two targets are next to each other activate Blade flurry , the bread and butter for us combat rogues :P I might cast crimson tempest once on a huge pack of adds but rarely does it outdamage and eviscerate that does 35% dmg to everyone else aswell. This is just the rotation not added in all the utility tools i use depending on various situations.

Glyphs:
Glyph of Dissapearance: reduces the cooldown of my vanish with 60 seconds which gives me a free ambush every minute which is pretty nice as it does a lot of damage and awards 2 combo points no matter what.
Glyph of Energy Flows: There can be occasions that theres an add on me or for example if bloodboil from council focusses me with his ability this glyph makes it so my evasion will give me 10 energy per autoattack i dodge and as i can reset the cooldown nd use it again, this gives me a damage boost while i'm migating the damage from the add/boss
Glyph of Energy: This just gives me more energy, which is a slight dps boost aswell

This is in MY opinion the best combo of glyphs

To prepare I always bring flasks/runes/pots/food my own ofcourse and I watch a video of everyfight I have not yet killed, even if we already progressed on it, i rewatch tactics before every raid to refresh.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I'm still learning on Sublety so not too comfortable YET. I'd like some mythic weapons first before i can swap to subt.
I have a restoration druid that I've played up until Highmaul with feral OS which i also played a lot. That's what made me create my rogue half a year ago. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ium/simple
there the armory link, I'd say if i get the socrethar trinket I could heal mythic with him if you ever fall short of a healer as i'm super experienced on restoration druid. Tho I'd like to join as rogue in which i also excell.

Communication
Yes i have a headset with mic and am not shy to talk at all might be silent once in a while but not shy. I say what I have to say and shut up when other people are talking. I listen and will always answer if you need me on teamspeak. I've been a shotcaller before in other heroic/mythic guilds but I'm not looking for that now unless its absolutly needed. And no i do not mind to use the forums here.

Combat Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #boss=1800 I am doing 70k stable now on single target bosses and about 100k if more than 3 targets are in the fight for a while. all while moving and following tactics ofcourse. I know this is not something that will blow you away or anything as you guys are 13/13 mythic but I think its pretty good considering 723 itemlevel and a normal weapon. I just need a bit of gear specially a mythic weapon and my dps will go up 20k if i have dual mythic weapons alone. I just need a nice group that trusts me and let's me catch up with gear and let me show my worth to them. As you can also see in the logs the difference between the first and second kill dps is just because i gained a couple itemlevels, i can do so much more with a bit of mythic items. I keep trying to improve the closer i get to full mythic you'll see my dps go up just like the first to second kill here on logs. Note aswell that theres a lot of gear differences between the bosses as I pugged a lot so few was with the guild. A lot of the 1-11% logs are where i was dead for example i only did one ishkar with them and they didn't pass eye so i was unressable, the first boss i just didn't even try as it was just heroic i mean just autoattacking will fix the fight by figurativle speaking. For the few logs I have here were i was actually trying are for example xhul zakuun reaver council gorefiend etc... I died at tyrant manno and iskar without being battleressed and semi afked first fight with the guild that evening. Again as i said I've been pugging almost every week but now i want a serious and good raiding guild like i used to have for mythic clearing.

Your UI

Can't seem to fit the image in, I hope we can fix this in another comment.

Guild History
Coniunctis viribus: Top dutch guild from stormrage did most of my heroic/mythic raiding there untill it fell apart due to poor leadership in the end.
The Brotherhood: i'm in here now just as a social to have the guild perks, leaving because i wanna get back to high level raiding now that i have months of free time.

Raid availability
The raid schedule is perfect for me I can make all days this would be a perfect fit for me.

References
From the forums and looking at the site. It really looks like a nice guild that would suit me well. you guys seem to have great atmoshpere and thats where I thrive in a guild wiht good atmoshpere.
About you
I'm a 21 year old begium guy I played 11 years of basketball until last years. Very calm helpful person and humerous though I switch to serious in no time when we're raiding.
Miscellaneous
I can't fit my ui image in here and don't know how to fix that. it says its too big. Also as we can crossrealm mythic now I hope you understand I will transfer if i'm accepted and pass the trial. It would be a waste to server swap already before being sure I hope you guys understand my reasoning behind this I don't have a lot of money to spend on games.
I also hope you don't decline me because if my current 723 item level. I would really like a chance to prove myself and hope the itemlevel won't stop you guys from giving me a try as that can be fixed in no time. It would be really nice to join you guys , looks like a lovely bunch of people and great performance, exactly what i want and can provide myself.

I am also looking to stay as i'm aiming to start fresh with you guys at Legion if i'm accepted. Ofcourse I'd like to join HFC mythic asap too to get to know the group and enviremont.

Have a great day!

Greetings,

Taloné
Last edited by Talone on 18 Feb 2016, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.

Talone
(Taloné)

Re: (RG1) Talone level 100 combat rogue

Post by Talone » 18 Feb 2016, 00:49

http://imgur.com/rGDjrvv

Managed to fit my druids Ui in it but not my rogue for some reason (note that this is an old screen, ui remains the same but its screen from 6.0 start), have same iu setup for rogue apart from healing frame in the middle right of the screen with all the names/bars.

I use recount , DBM , decursive, bartender omen when needed and ofcourse iskar assist on iskar and the blizzard raidframe at topleft.

Zarell
Raven
Character name: Zarell
WoW character race: Human
WoW character class: Paladin

Post by Zarell » 18 Feb 2016, 09:19

Thank you for the application. Please give us some time to review it.

Talone
(Taloné)

Post by Talone » 18 Feb 2016, 22:14

Edit:

Now killed Kormrok + Council with a friend of mine. I know this is nothing to beproud of or anything just wanted to add it in to experience now.

Also up 2 item levels and have 2x 725 weapons now which also brings me to 725 itemlevel tho no logs with them yet.

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics
Character name: Horlícks
Specialization: tactics

Post by Lupo » 21 Feb 2016, 16:40

Hi Talone,

Thanks for your application, however your skill level, your gear & understanding is lower than what we could accept for a trial in RG1. Subtlety has its problems, but it's not a difficult spec, and I find it very difficult to trial a rogue who can only play one spec, and not excel at that spec.

You quote the right guidelines (i.e. max SnD uptime, max RvS uptime) yet couldn't find a single target fight where you managed either.

You also don't use a single Feint in this run:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Zf ... ility=1966

I find it impossible that a rogue cannot find the place to use at least one feint in an evening.

I would recommend you look at RG2 if you want to apply to the guild and still raid to see how this place is prior to Legion. We have on occasion promoted from within, i.e. RG2 members do sometimes get promoted to RG1 after time. However at the current time, I don't see enough in those logs to allow me to offer you a spot for trial.

Hope you find the above constructive & wish you well.

Carn

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics
Character name: Horlícks
Specialization: tactics

Post by Lupo » 21 Mar 2016, 19:46

<not recruited>