[RG1] Kedri - L100 Ele Shaman

A safe place for closed application.
Kedri
Raven
Character name: Kedri

[RG1] Kedri - L100 Ele Shaman

Post by Kedri » 01 Feb 2016, 23:24

Who is your character?
Kedri - Elemental Shaman - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... i/advanced

Who are you?
I'm Stuart, I'm 27 and I'm from Scotland. Currently living in Nürnberg in Germany.

To which Raid Group are you Applying?
RG1

Experience
Starting the game in 2008, I never managed anything higher than the Tier 4 raids. In Wrath, everything while current content, I cleared all of T7 on both 10 and 25 man. In Ulduar, both 10 and 25 cleared with little bits of the hard modes here and there. In the TotGC, I achieved A Tribute to Insanity on 10 man, and a full clear on 25 heroic. And in ICC, all bosses on 25 heroic excluding LK. Recent kills of the bosses seem to have reset my achievement dates, so if you are checking my armoury page the dates are wrong.

In Cata, I switched to my Shaman and cleared T11 normal with only a few HC kills. In Firelands, 7/7HC with the Realm First kill on Ragnaros, and 8/8 HC in Dragon Soul. (If you check my Legacy tab on the armory it doesn't show a realm first kill. Of the 10 raiders, for some reason only 3 got the achievement. I have proof of it though should you need).

On to MoP, and it wasn't a great expansion for me. Due to RL it was all casual raiding here and there, no big major kills until Garrosh, and even he was after the Heroic-Mythic change.

I'm currently 4/7M in Highmaul, 6/10M Blackrock and 7/13M in Hellfire. Again, some RL stuff made me miss out on all the other kills.

Raid Role
Cast spells. Hit stuff. Kill stuff.

In all seriousness, my job is to of course do damage, make sure stuff dies when it should, hit the right targets etc.

For new bosses/raids I of course watch video guides: fatboss, properbird to prepare myself for them. I used to frequent totemspot.com which was a shaman specific forum, but that has sadly shut down. So I check regularly the MMO shaman forums and Icy Veins (although it isn't that active).

Your Spec
Stat priorities for me: Multistrike>Crit=Haste>Mastery>Versatility. Rotation priority is pretty simple. In a nutshell, Lava Burst as long as Flame shock is on the target, with Lightning bolt as my filler to create Fulmination stacks and use at 20, as long as it doesn't overlap with Flame shock running out.

For talents: Astral Shift in Tier 1 as the only damage reduction we have is Shamanistic Rage, and I like the control of it over Natures Guardian.
Tier 2 either Windwalk or Earthgrab totem depending whether the fight has movement reduction or adds that need controlled.
Totemic projection in Tier 3 works really well with the tier above, being able to place for example earthgrab somewhere to slow adds instead of running and losing damage time.
The same as Tier 2, there's 2 choices I go for depending on the fight. More single target fights it's Elemental Mastery, and AoE fights I take Echo of the Elements.
Ancestral Guidance is my go to talent in Tier 5 as it's great for burst healing when needed.
Tier 6 and 7 I run with Unleashed Fury and Elemental Fusion as, imo, they combine well with my class trinket and Flame Shock/Fulmination.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I'll be honest here. I have no off spec. I always meant to collect Enhancement gear as a back up but never had the chance. I've tried Resto, but healing is really not for me, I'm god awful at it.

Alt wise the only 100 alt I have is my Paladin, but I haven't bothered doing anything of interest on it. That's changing in Legion though, as I'm looking to take it as a tank alt.

Communication
Yeah I have a mic and have no problems with talking.

Combat Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... /938344/8/# a link to my character log page.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mRYvKVw3d6bqHaLA an up-to-date log from last night. I know, it's LFR, but it's really the best I got atm.

Your UI
http://i.imgur.com/mPbxxKj.jpg I run weakauras which you see above my name plate to keep track of flame shock, current fire totem, how long ascendance has left when used, and the fire graphics beside my character to alert me on lava surge procs. At the bottom right of my screen is Grid which I use for my raid frames. Bigwig timers (not shown) are on the right hand side of the screen which then move into the space between mine and my targets health bars when about to happen.

Guild History
Began fully raiding in WotLK with Mist, starting with Naxx and moving onto Ulduar and ToC when they were released. Was made raid leader during Ulduar and ToC.

After Mist I joined Beyond. Cleared ICC and some heroic modes before Cataclysm came along where I switched from my Paladin to my Shaman. Started Firelands heroic but some guild drama happened which more or less split the guild in 2 and wasn't a enjoyable place anymore.

Moved to Epoch on Bronze Dragonflight and managed to kill Ragnaros HC realm first. Started Dragon soul heroics but personal life intervened and had to stop but managed to come back and clear before MoP.

Joined Barbarians on Kilrogg at start of MoP and got half way into MSV heroics before I had to stop again, but for different reasons. Came back and core raiders moved guild to Crux Mortys and I became social there. They then moved realm, and I didn't feel like joining them.

I then joined Burning Dawn here on the horde side at the end of Mists. A few weeks back the GM/Raid Leader and his partner suddenly quit raiding, a few core raiders left and we tried to salvage something but it didn't work.

Raid availability
Raid times suit me perfectly, although I may miss a Thursday once a month, due to a prior commitment, but I'll try and avoid that as much as possible.

References
From the guild I've only spoken with Bowick, and I've also seen you guys kicking around the server.

About you
As I said above, my name's Stuart and I live in Germany. I had been visiting my Dad since 1996 here, and in 2012 I had the chance to come here and live.

Outwith of playing WoW I work at Mercedes, I support FC Nürnberg, so at weekends I'm either at the stadium or travelling to away games. When not at football or not online, I can usually be found at the pub or with my GF.

Miscellaneous
I've had a few RL things the past year i.e moving apartment, and going several weeks without internet which meant my progress this expansion hasn't been the best. But hopefully you can look past that.

Bowick
Ancient
Character name: Bowick
WoW character race: Pandaren
WoW character class: Monk

Re: [RG1] Kedri - L100 Ele Shaman

Post by Bowick » 02 Feb 2016, 12:46

Hi Kedri,

Thanks for your application! Give us a little time to review and we'll get back to you ASAP. :)
Alts: Lacky, Cadwick, Bordello, Filch, Asmo, Tchai

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics
Character name: Horlícks
Specialization: tactics

Post by Lupo » 04 Feb 2016, 17:23

Hi Kedri,

Pleased to announce we'd like to take you in for a trial, a chat and a glass of buckfast. Please contact an officer for an invite once you cleanse your dirty Horde past.

Kind regards,
Carn

Kedri
Raven
Character name: Kedri

Post by Kedri » 04 Feb 2016, 19:46

Sweet, will sort a faction change shortly. And I'm not that posh, drinking buckfast from a glass.

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics

Post by Lupo » 04 Feb 2016, 19:50

It's in a bottle, it comes in it's own ready made glass! Currently fleeing your homeland on a flybe rust bucket so you'll need to whisper an officer when you're ready.

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics

Post by Lupo » 05 Feb 2016, 12:46

Jimmble has hopefully sorted out forum access, so please use this to update PhP (calendar thing at the top of forum) for your availability for raiding on RG1 nights.

For long absences (full resets or 50% attendance due to exams, site work etc) please use the AFK thread on TG1 forums AND the PhP raider for your availability.

Carn

Lupo
(Horlícks)
Dark Raven
tactics

Post by Lupo » 21 Mar 2016, 19:44

<recruited following trial>