[RG1] Alphamage, Lvl 90 Fire Mage

A safe place for closed application.

[RG1] Alphamage, Lvl 90 Fire Mage

Post by Guest » 03 Nov 2014, 21:38

Who is your character?
My main character is Alphamage and my armory is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... age/simple

Who are you?
My name is Giannis, I am 40 years old and I am from Greece.

Experience
I created my Mage in the start of WotLk but I started playing on my Rogue at the end of Vanila when we had to walk till 40 level.
I started "serious" raiding with a guild named "Numen" that transferred in Aszune when ICC was released but the guild did not make it to succeed and disbanded due to drama between the officers very soon. Then I joined Origin, a very old and respected guild with great experience in Aszune and cleared ICC25 normal and Heroic.
Cleared every raid since then ahead of the curve in Normal and a lot in Heroic but missed a lot because due to our guild was old, so was our members. Family obligations, work, real life things prevented us to commit into raiding so we where missing a lot of raids and progress.
In current Tier we managed to clear up to Siegecrafter Heroic. I had to make a 5 month brake from raiding(not game) during Summer due to work and now I am back and available for new adventures.

Raid role
I am Damage Dealer and thank to Blizzard I play a class well treated most of the times. My role is to make as much damage I can on the Primary target(Boss) and put pressure and kill fast secondary targets as adds during fights. I may need to apply some slows or cc if Blizzard make mobs not immune to cc in next expansion. Some encounters need to kite things and I can do that with ease. New talent(Old but redesigned tbf) amplify Magic is great as a raid deffensive cooldown and rotating this with other Mages in raid can help the raid to survive in situations that more healing is needed. Timing is the key...

Talent choices
To be Honest, the new Mage tree is a straight forward for most encounters and last 4 is not much different. I use mainly Blazing Speed for fast movement along with Blink which helps a lot in Thok for Kiting or moving out of his way, nice speed boost for Siegecrafter to kite the blades to the specific spot and Klaxi to move away from stuff. I never done Garrosh Hc so I can't say. Maybe Evanesce would be good to reduce damage taken.... I always go with Ice Barrier because it is Ice Barrier and currently the best to reduce damage taken. If you know the encounter very good, Alter Time could be a saver but the long cd and the chance that you will not press it the excactly right time makes it a secondary choice for that tier.
I use Frostjaw mainly for the extra interrupt, mostly for Garrosh encounter. I guess it is needed in Heroic as well. Almost every mob in SoO is immune to Ring of Frost so I do not use it.
Greater Invisibility is the talent I go for next tier. The 3 secs dmg reduction after it ends plus the removal of 2 dots makes it great to use. Cauterize could beat this for keeping you alive but I usually avoid dying.
Living Bomb is a Trademark(along with Dragon Breath) for Fire Mages imo and it provides the best aoe especially now that you can spread it to all targets with Inferno Blast. I do not like talents like Unstable Magic that "have a % chance to proc" cause I do not like to rely much on fate allthough I play a Fire mage and doing excactly that....
From 90 talents now I mostly like Incanter's flow. I believe that Rune of Power may provide a better dps output but the movement requirements of most of the fights make a loss of some dps. Mirror Images may be a good damage burst but I enjoy more the sustained damage Incanter's ward offers.

Off-specs and Alternative characters
I can play all Three specs with fire being my favorite. Will never argue to switch to the spec that will help the raid with more dps/less dps more kitting etc. I play in Beta and all specs look solid so far at 100 level so when time and gear comes and WoD raids will be open I will see which one will be the +% and go for that.
I also have a Priest http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... abe/simple but I mainly PvP with her. I am very experienced as well on how to Priest, mostly Shadow but Holy as well and my Priest is older than my Mage.

Communication
I am able to use any communication app and I have a Razer Kraken headset. Can be very vocal if needed....

Combat Logs
Tried to find logs from my SoO raids with Origin but all are expired. Found older logs from WoW-Heroes, don't ask how they are still on but you can check it on WoW-Heroes as well http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n ... #Alphamage . I know how to read logs and always do it after raids to check where I did wrong, uptimes and trying to fix any problem that made me perform lower than I should.

Your UI
http://i.imgur.com/y8sq976.jpg?1
I recently bought a new PC and I run WoW very smooth. High to Ultra graphics and I am stable at 60fps(vertical sync enabled) with lowest in Ordos full raid at 35-40fps.
I use Mage Nuggets, MSBT, Quartz, Dominos, Sexy Map, OmniCC, TidyPlates, Xperl mainly and a few others add ons to make things more spicy in the dull Blizzard UI imo.

Guild History
I am in general a very stable person and I do not like to change guilds unless I can't do anything else. When I joined the game I didn't know anything about guilds. I joined a social guild and I stayed there till WotLK where I joined "Numen" a guild that transferred in Aszune and was looking for new raiders. The guild disbanded as I said above because of officer drama so I joined Origin in March of 2010. Origin was one of the top guilds in Aszune back then with a few of the oldest and experienced players in the realm. I had a great time with them and had great adventures in game. Met friends, saw a lot coming and going and we lasted till this Summer. As I wrote, things go on and so many of our players did. Family, work etc forced a lot of our core raiders to stop playing or raiding. Origin will raid no more for WoD and we left our alts there to meet and maybe do some alt runs in future for fun. The epic 7 years of Origin as a raiding guild and always in top guilds in realm for all these years came to an end . Time to move on.
I met a lot of new players while doing PvP on my Priest during Summer and they asked me to join them for WoD raiding. They are not bad players but they are 95% sweedish and chat in sweedish and make jokes in sweedish, something that makes me feel I do not fit in. Their raiding hours do not fit me as well, as they changed it since I joined them.
You may ask yourselves, why does he want to join a guild in a different realm and not trying to fit in a group on his own realm and save the 20 euros? Well, after I left Origin and joined Anomaly, I feel like Aszune is dull and boring.
Why Defias Brotherhood? I have a few characters in Defias Brotherhood, 1 Rogue, 1 Warrior(both 90 but not geared) and I like it that it is a RPPVP server. Very populated and nice balance between Horde/Alliance.
Why TRC? Well, I know my capabilities and I know that as a player(as a person as well) I may not be exceptional(will let you say that if you accept me) but I am certainly much above average. I know my class inside out, have been a class leader in Origin, I read a lot about new class changes, theorycrafting and I always look to play my class to the maximum. I love to compete with other classes and always trying to help my raid in any way fits better even if I need to sacrifice dps in need to cc or kite. That is a reason I want to be a part of an exceptional guild and not a mediocre one so I can maximise my potential and be a better player. You are a well respected guild in Defias with stable raiding history and great players. I want to be a part of that and earn your respect in time.

Raid availability
One of the reasons I aply to you is that your raiding days and times fit my real life schedule.

References
I heard about you when playing in Defias and looked you up in wow-progress, armory to get an insight.

About you
Hello there, after a wall of text above I will give you some more. As you already know, I am from Greece, I am 40 years old and my name is Gianiis(John in English). What you don't know and learn now is that I live in Syros Island http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syros . Moved here from Athens 11 years ago and started my own retail bussiness. I love swimming and Gaming. Married to a lovely wife and I have no children.

Miscellaneous
What can I offer to TRC?
A relaxed, mature player with good knowledge of the game(and life) in general as I play both for a long time, a person with a good sense of humour that can cheer things up and a stable raider that will do his best to fit in and help where it is needed.
Thank you for reading my application if you managed to do. I am expecting for your reply.
/Salute

Zarell
Raven
Character name: Zarell
WoW character race: Human
WoW character class: Paladin

Re: [RG1] Alphamage, Lvl 90 Fire Mage

Post by Zarell » 04 Nov 2014, 06:52

Hey Alphamage

Thank you for the application, please give us some time to review it.

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment
Character name: Jimmble
Specialization: recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 04 Nov 2014, 10:36

Mages make fake cake!

Phantasio
Raven
Character name:

Post by Phantasio » 04 Nov 2014, 13:48

Jimmble wrote:Mages make fake cake!
Cake doesn't lie....

Zarell
Raven

Post by Zarell » 04 Nov 2014, 14:04

I remember it differently :lol:

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 04 Nov 2014, 14:05

No scribbling in the recruitment thread! Bad gnome! *gnomeslap*

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 04 Nov 2014, 14:08

The cake is a lie though...

Phantasio
Raven
Character name:

Post by Phantasio » 04 Nov 2014, 21:09

i have been thinking that it is almost impossible for you to offer me a guaranteed spot in raid group as the new expansion will be released in less than 10 days and you will have no time to validate me so I have a suggestion if you allow me to.
I believe that you already have an idea of who will be raiding from your main roster that you already raid in SoO. If you think that there is a chance you can fit one more Mage that might be exceptional in your roster for WoD, then I will be glad to join TRC as social, level up with you and start a trial when you begin your raiding in WoD and if you will have a raid spot open for me.
I believe that raiding will not start before mid December so we will also get some time to know eachother.
/bow

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 05 Nov 2014, 10:12

I asked the longlegs and they liked the idea. Before transferring, take a look at the RP-realm specific rules for character naming, since we are not sure if "Alphamage" complies with that policy. When you are on Defias, poke an officer for a /ginvite.

Phantasio
Raven
Character name:

Post by Phantasio » 05 Nov 2014, 12:31

Great news! I will transfer probably today and don't know if it will be an immediate transfer. I do not mind changing the name tbh. I hope "Arthasmage" I always wanted will pass.....Thanks a lot!

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 05 Nov 2014, 12:43

Alphamage wrote:"Arthasmage"

Pingulingu
Ancient
Character name: Pingulingu

Post by Pingulingu » 05 Nov 2014, 12:48

Well, that name is actually even worse. Basically the name should not contain your class and it definitely should not contain any other well known name or it's variation. And Arthas is pretty well known in wow :)

Zarell
Raven

Post by Zarell » 05 Nov 2014, 12:54

Alphamage wrote:"Arthasmage"

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Post by Alikh » 05 Nov 2014, 13:30

Lol, the 'alpha' part was actually the only part that was acceptable :P.

Let me give you a suggestion: "Alpharel", "Alphanel", "Alphator", "Alpharanelle", "Alph", etc. All acceptable names.

Phantasio
Raven
Character name:

Post by Phantasio » 05 Nov 2014, 13:52

I hope you understood I am joking about "Arthasmage"..... could never use the name Arthas for a caster class. Arthasdk, Arthaspala etc is ok though. ;)

Jimmble
Councillor
recruitment

Post by Jimmble » 06 Nov 2014, 22:51

<recruited>