Steam Sell

Public general forum, visible to non-members. Here be discussions potentially concerning non-guildies
Glavinius
Dark Raven
Character name:

Steam Sell

Post by Glavinius » 20 Jun 2013, 02:25

The secret world is on steam for 14.99 euros.

I think this game is so underrated,the atmosphere of the game so far is great, its dark and grim. And the lore of this game is like a mix of Dan Browns (Angels & Demons,The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol) with H. P. Lovecraft (Call of cthulhu) and a pinch of other horror genre.
There are no lvls in this mmo instead you are awarded with skill points (sp) or action points to customize you own way of fighting. The one quest that sets aside this mmo from other is the riddle quest (Investigation, or puzzle), which it may scare away some player because you have to actually think for yourself.

Now you might ask me "Buut Glaaav you are playing so many mmo", my answer to that is why restrict yourself to one???
Give it a try, im playing at the rp server called leviathan, few other members are there as well.

Alikh
(Aliqh)
Ancient
Character name: Aliqh
WoW character race: Night Elf
WoW character class: Demon Hunter
Battle.net character avatar: Aliqh

Re: Steam Sell

Post by Alikh » 20 Jun 2013, 16:00

I'm on the same server. Jae and Thuren used to play it too, but I haven't seen Thuren for quite a while now in any game.

As a single player experience it's better than many games out there. You could compare it a bit with swtor in the single player experience, with the added multiplayer element in it that you can always share the experience if you want.

Another thing I like is the customizability of your skills. You can swap skills at any time through the skill wheel and make a different build with different strengths just like that. You do have to research the skills a bit though to make effective builds, or you can also just follow a default build that even gives some nice clothing to fit the description if you get every skill for it.
There are no real levels, but there are skill levels from 0-10, so you can get better with a weapon e.g..

Most quests (except side-quests) are voice-acted and the stories told very well. They really engulf you and the atmosphere around it is very convincing.
Some quests also involve investigation and are actually hard (not as in grindingly/gearwise hard, but you have to intellectually think about them). There's an in-game browser for looking up clues when you're stuck.

Just for the single player experience I'd say it's worth playing this game, especially now that there's no monthly subscription cost anymore.